Observations on Trump Administration

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
BobbyB
Forum Addict

Re: Observations on Trump Administration

Postby BobbyB » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:01 pm

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Cadfael wrote:I wonder what he'd be tweeting if someone had shouted "You LIE!" while he was speaking.

I think a lot of his supporters are good, honest, people. Some of them are my friends. They're becoming increasingly disgusted by Trump's lying and distraction. It's hard to admit that you've made a mistake. But everyone has a limit. Trump has just about run through his trust equity. At this rate, the Democrats can take both houses back. And all they have to do is shut the fuck up, Schumer and Pelosi. Just shut the fuck up and let them self destruct. That's all you have to do. Shut. Up.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 pm

gargantua wrote:
Cadfael wrote:I wonder what he'd be tweeting if someone had shouted "You LIE!" while he was speaking.

I think a lot of his supporters are good, honest, people. Some of them are my friends. They're becoming increasingly disgusted by Trump's lying and distraction. It's hard to admit that you've made a mistake. But everyone has a limit. Trump has just about run through his trust equity. At this rate, the Democrats can take both houses back. And all they have to do is shut the fuck up, Schumer and Pelosi. Just shut the fuck up and let them self destruct. That's all you have to do. Shut. Up.

I will concede the possibility that some of them are nice people. They're still stupid as a crate of rocks, but nice people. But even if they do exist, I think there are too few of them.

Most of Trump's base is more like these guys. Those good honest ones probably can't claim five percent.
Did Armed Trump Supporters Ask a Navajo Legislator If He's 'Legal'?
Protesters alleged that LUCHA (Living United for Change in Arizona) was “trying to advance social, racial and economic justice for DACA recipients, illegal aliens and their illegal families.” According to state lawmakers who were at the scene, the protesters were visibly armed.

Several state lawmakers and staff reported that the protesters singled out non-white people and accused them of being in the country “illegally.”

We confirmed that one of the anti-immigration protesters did indeed ask an indigenous state representative whether or not he was “legal,” both through video footage of the incident and three corroborating interviews with Arizona state legislators who witnessed the scene. In the background of the following video, a protester asks Rep. Eric Descheenie whether he is “legal.” Descheenie is Navajo. Rep. Pamela Powers Hannley filmed the exchange:

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Observations on hitting your head against the wall again & again & again

Postby penquin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Ya think after 50 years of the same thing happening someone would learn the obvious lesson: your party leadership needs to start appointing presidential candidates who are actually good enough rather than just the lesser of two evils. The tactic of trying to shame people into holding their noses and voting for a flawed candidate hasn't been working for almost half a century - what makes anyone think that it suddenly will now?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm

So, 8 years of Bill Clinton and 8 years of Barack Obama. Must have been hallucinating. And Al Gore and Hillary Clinton winning the popular vote. 24 of the last 28 years of the popular vote went to the Democrat. What a mandate for the GOP. You must be so proud.

BobbyB
Forum Addict

Re: Observations on hitting your head against the wall again & again & again

Postby BobbyB » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 am

penquin wrote:Ya think after 50 years of the same thing happening someone would learn the obvious lesson: ...

So much self-awareness.

Chance that CG is penquin's sockpuppet: 100.000000000%

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Observations on Previous Campaigns

Postby penquin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:02 am

gargantua wrote:So, 8 years of Bill Clinton and 8 years of Barack Obama.

Excellent examples of what I'm talkin' about.

Both of those men were opposed by the party leadership at first, and were not the candidates that the deep-pocketed donors originally wanted on the ticket. Both of 'em were able to energize the voters...the base as well as folks in the middle...and got people excited to vote for them rather then simply point out they aren't as bad as the other guy. Neither of them, for their first term at least, felt entitled to the votes - they went out and worked hard to earn 'em. And thus, went on to have much better success then those other candidates.

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:55 am

To say @gargantua is intellectually challenged would be an insult to those truly deserving that recognition.

"And Al Gore and Hillary Clinton winning the popular vote.''

This is exactly what I mean; the vote consists of 100 %:
Fat Albert: 48.68 %
Hillarity: 48.2 %

Do the math, or wait until some non-Common Core polluted second grader comes home from school to help: More voters DIDN'T vote for your LOSER heroes that DID[/b}!!!!!

Let that sink in.

Using your estimable logic, the NE Patriots won the "[b]Popular Yardage
" 613 to 538, so they won the Super Bowl, right?

Wrong idiot!

"24 of the last 28 years of the popular vote went to the Democrat.''

SO WHAT! If the dog hadn't stopped to take a shit, it would have caught the rabbit.

Might some kindred soul explain the 12th Amendment of the Constitution of The United Stated of America to the monumentally confused @gargantua?

"What a mandate for the GOP.''

We want equal outcomes not equal opportunity and the lyin' thievin' deceivin' inveterate, reflex, serial, congenital liar Hillarity to be our President!!! waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

''You must be so proud.''

Actually, I didn't vote for (say it with me!!!) President Trump. I wrote in Cornelius Hieronymus Gotchberg; perhaps you've heard the name?

Your pal!

The Gotch

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am

Obama had more corporate donations than Hillary in the early primaries while he was losing to her. Hence, he was the "establishment" candidate. The establishment being the corporations that run this country now.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 am

Trump says the Democratic memo is a political ploy (unlike the Devin Nunes hack job). Of course he won't release it.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 pm

When will Trump try to recruit his own Army of Beauties©?

Copyright owned by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 am

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:50 am

Why should he? Its not like "national security" was a major topic of discussion during the election.

Return to “National Politics & Government”