Observations on Trump Administration

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Observations on Trump Administration

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:53 pm

I hope that any steel used in a wall along the border be made in the USA, 100%. No exceptions.

If the steel to be used is no longer made in the USA, then companies should be able to have time to open up steel mills to make the gosh darn steel. If that delays the wall by a few years, so be it. Make American Grapes Again!

(BTW, I am serious on this. I think people who have endured my posts over the years know I am certainly no softy when it comes to illegal immigration. I think there are much better ways to do it than the wall, but that is a different story. However, if we are to have a wall, at least it should be a 100% American wall, by Jingo!)

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Maybe Mexico could donate the steel, as partial payment for the wall. Since they're paying for it, right?

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Oh, man, that is so yesterday. We've even moved past the "tariffs" phase and moved on to the "nobody said nothin about who's gonna pay what" phase.

But what should we expect from a guy whose wife has to thump him to make him remember to put his hand on his heart for the anthem? Or as Trevor put it, where the human heart is supposed to be.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:59 pm

As part of resistance, I think there is value in continually reminding people of what was promised, so everyone can clearly see the difference between that and what was delivered. That gap continues to grow, and the memory hole will only exist if we give up and let it. Doesn't matter if I agree with the policy or not. We were promised better health care, day one. Where is it? Why hasn't Mexico paid for the wall? Why isn't the swamp drained? At some point, with enough repetition, it breaks through. You know, like how Hillary probably killed Vince Foster. Same principle. Just keep repeating the message.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:14 pm

gargantua wrote:At some point, with enough repetition, it breaks through. You know, like how Hillary probably killed Vince Foster.

Except reality based. Because Trump actually said all those things ("Mexico will pay for the wall"...).

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 pm

DCB wrote:
gargantua wrote:At some point, with enough repetition, it breaks through. You know, like how Hillary probably killed Vince Foster.

Except reality based. Because Trump actually said all those things ("Mexico will pay for the wall"...).

I know! I would think facts would be as memorable as lies, as long as you keep repeating them. Like how Trump would repeal Obamacare on day one. Is it repealed yet? No? WTF?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Dude, where's my armada?
This episode does not seem to be a lie as much as it seems to be a further demonstration of the clusterfckish management style there at Camp Runamuck.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:34 am

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... er/523458/
How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier?
The White House said the USS Carl Vinson was headed for North Korea as it sailed the opposite direction—the latest example of a communications failure inside the executive branch.
... They are a sign of a government that cannot decide what its strategy is, in which different figures are attempting to make policy via public statements; they are the sign of an administration that cannot effectively communicate within its constituent parts, perhaps because of lack of experienced staff, or perhaps because so much of the executive branch remains badly understaffed. They are, perhaps most importantly, an indication of how Trump is trying to employ his “fake it ’til you make it” campaigning style as a governing technique, too.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:53 pm

"There is a fifth dimension that is only known to FOX viewers. It is a dimension as vast as the space between Breitbart's ears, and as brainless as a Trump supporter. It is the middle ground between a functioning alcoholic and insanity, between delusional thinking and superstition, and it lies, lies and lies again pitting man's desires and fears against the summit of scientific knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination we call the Trump-lite Zone."

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Image When you guys get your sanity back, I will have to find another pastime.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Roy's right. Let's take our insanity back from these guys who clearly have it now...

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:28 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Roy's right. Let's take our insanity back from these guys who clearly have it now...

Yes Jonny, they are sane, you are not.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 pm

First, Ted Nugget...

"What's a feminist anyways? A fat pig who doesn't get it often enough?"

"Foreigners are assholes; foreigners are scum; I don't like 'em; I don't want 'em in this country; I don't want 'em selling me doughnuts; I don't want 'em pumping my gas; I don't want 'em downwind of my life -- OK? So anyhow, and I'm dead serious...."

"You probably can't use the term `toxic cunt' in your magazine, but that's what she is. Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country. This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro."

"[I get a] full predator spiritual erection" from hunting "bear, lions, coons, housecats, escaped chimps, small children, scared women and everything else that can be chased and/or hunted."

"I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build... Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. Shit, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up... Now my whole body is crusted in shit and piss... I snorted some crystal methedrine... I’m vacuuming that shit right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human shit... Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You fuckin’ swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, But my shit was just like ooze, man, so I shit in the cup and put it on the counter. I had shit on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked."

And now, drumstick roll please...

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." --Sarah Palin

"We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" --Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system.

"Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller, posing as French President Nicolas Sarkozy, complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin,"

Masked Avenger: Gov. Palin, I love the documentary they made on your life. You know Hustler's Nailin' Paylin?
Palin: Ohh, good, thank you, yes.
MA: You know my wife is a popular singer and a former top model and she's so hot in bed. She even wrote a song for you.
P: Oh my goodness, I didn't know that.
MA: Yes, in French it's called de rouge a levre sur un cochon (lipstick on a pig), or if you prefer in English, Joe the Plumber...it's his life, Joe the Plumber.
MA: I just want to be sure. That phenomenon Joe the Plumber. That's not your husband, right?
P: That's not my husband but he's a normal American who just works hard and doesn't want government to take his money.

There's some of your "sanity."

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

#MakeAssholesGreatAgain
#MAGA

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum Addict

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Roy wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:Roy's right. Let's take our insanity back from these guys who clearly have it now...

Yes Jonny, they are sane, you are not.

Oh yes, Mr. Trump is the very definition of sanity. AND inanity.

Return to “National Politics & Government”