Observations on Trump Administration

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Observations on Trump Administration

Postby HawkHead » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:20 pm

This reminds me so much of spousal abuse. Hit the spouse, promise you will never do it again, hit the spouse again.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/ ... index.html

Sean Spicer goes ape-shit on reports over the size of the inauguration crowds. The next day he says, "our intention is never to lie." Today he is back at it with millions of illegal votes or Trump would have won the popular vote and will offer no proof.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Observations on Trump Administration

Postby Shorty » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Sean Spicer is the new minister of propaganda. In three years he will probably say something like this (taken from a Goebbels' speech and substituting Trump for Hitler and USA for Germany).

"There is probably no one left on the planet who does not know him as a statesman and as a remarkable popular leader. Only a few, however, have the pleasure of seeing him as a man each day from close up, to experience him, and as I might add, to come as a result to a deeper understanding and love for him. These few wonder how it is possible that a man who only three years ago was opposed by half of the nation stands today above any doubt and every criticism. The USA has found a unity which will never be shaken. Donald Trump is the man of fate, who has the calling to save the nation from terrible internal conflict and shameful foreign disgrace, to lead it to longed-for freedom.

That one man has captured the hearts of the whole nation, despite the sometimes difficult and unpopular decisions he had to make, is perhaps the deepest, most amazing secret of our age. It cannot be explained only by his accomplishments, for it is just those who have had to make the heaviest sacrifices for him and for national reconstruction, indeed who must still bring them, who have sensed his mission in the deepest and most joyful way. They are the ones who have the most honest and passionate love for him as President and as a man. That is the result of the magic of his personality and the deep mystery of his pure and honest humanity".

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:04 pm

So far, it's a dumpster fire. And that doesn't even take into account his policy actions. He hasn't done anything in that regard that I didn't expect.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Ha. Kellyanne coins "alternative facts," somebody at CNN calls it "a George Orwell phrase," other people picked up on it, and sales of "1984" and "Animal Farm" have soared at Amazon.

Can't shut the barn door yet but maybe some of them are starting to wake up.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:33 pm

If you haven't read 1984, you really should. Its doubleplusgood.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 pm

There's no end to the madness. Somebody just told Martina Navratilova that she didn't understand communism.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:16 am

They are correct. Martina Navratilova needs to be educated. You could use some yourself.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:24 am

Roy wrote:They are correct. Martina Navratilova needs to be educated. You could use some yourself.

Maybe you should educate yourself about Martina Navratilova before making stupid statements like this.

Google is your friend.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:39 am

HawkHead wrote:
Roy wrote:They are correct. Martina Navratilova needs to be educated. You could use some yourself.

Maybe you should educate yourself about Martina Navratilova before making stupid statements like this.

Google is your friend.

I did. My friend Google told me that Martina Navratilova is a tennis player who needs to be educated.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:46 am

HawkHead wrote:

Google is your friend.
You could be right...

They're also coming out with "GIGABITEME" soon in honor of one of their most loyal customers...

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:57 am

Gee, what could Martina Navratilova POSSIBLY know about life in a Communist country? /s

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:26 am

Roy wrote:
HawkHead wrote:

Google is your friend.

I did. My friend Google told me that Martina Navratilova is a tennis player who needs to be educated.

Maybe you should read past the first sentence; if you have the attention span to do so.

Here, I will help you. Martina grew up in communist controlled Czechoslovakia during the cold war in the 1950s and 60s.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:27 am

HawkHead wrote:
Here, I will help you. Martina grew up in communist controlled Czechoslovakia during the cold war in the 1950s and 60s.

I am sure Roy is going to say I am a liar because their is no country called Czechoslovakia in the world today.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:21 am

Pope Francis warns Europe: 'People voted for Hitler and then he destroyed his people'
http://www.businessinsider.com/pope-fra ... ple-2017-1

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:50 am

Dow 20K. Thanks Obama!

Return to “National Politics & Government”