Why did Hillary lose?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Why did Hillary lose?

Comey's false accusations from FBI
42%
Electoral college failure
5%
Fake News
No votes
Not enough support from Sanders and Stein supporters
No votes
Russian hackers
5%
Voter ID laws and voter suppression
5%
Trump was better candidate
5%
Other
37%

Total votes: 19

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why did Hillary lose?

Postby PaleoLiberal » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:46 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
O.J. wrote:I know two people who voted for Jill Stein as a protest vote because they were convinced that Hillary was going to win Wisconsin. They're not very proud of that vote now.

Much like Nader voters in the 2000 election.

According to some people who have had dealings with Ralph Nader, Nader is an extremely vindictive person who can take the smallest disagreement and turn it into a decades-long feud.

It seems that Nader was upset at Gore for some reason or another.

Ralph Nader was extremely proud of costing Gore the election.

Not sure about his voters.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:50 pm

PaleoLiberal wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:
O.J. wrote:I know two people who voted for Jill Stein as a protest vote because they were convinced that Hillary was going to win Wisconsin. They're not very proud of that vote now.

Much like Nader voters in the 2000 election.

According to some people who have had dealings with Ralph Nader, Nader is an extremely vindictive person who can take the smallest disagreement and turn it into a decades-long feud.

I would characterize the demeanor of the Nader voters on this Forum as defiant. You know, it was Gore's fault for not being a better candidate. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Polka_Tulk
Forum Addict

Postby Polka_Tulk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Rodham lost the moment she spit the 'green gob' into her water glass while on-stage.....a vodka-soaked martini olive used by alkies to get them by until their next slug.http://m5.paperblog.com/i/153/1530901/h ... XqL7y.jpeg
Last edited by Polka_Tulk on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 pm

gargantua wrote:
PaleoLiberal wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Much like Nader voters in the 2000 election.

I would characterize the demeanor of the Nader voters on this Forum as defiant. You know, it was Gore's fault for not being a better candidate. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I try not to think about how different things would be if we had President Gore!

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Gore won. And in Florida too. Despite all the ways the GOP cheated in Florida alone, he won if you counted all the legal votes, overvotes and undervotes. The media counted the undervotes only where it went back and forth. But Gore won in every scenario if you also counted the overvotes, which Florida law says you have to hand-check w/o any asking for a full count. The Supreme Court violating the Constitution to install Bush was completely out of his control. Nader didn't do that either.

The Florida Legislature had set up an emergency meeting in advance to award the electors to Bush if Gore came ahead in the popular vote. But as Bugliosi said, Gore was as safe as a cow in a Chicago stockyard once it went to the Supreme Court.

If I was Gore, and I don't necessarily fault him for this, I would've offered Nader the head of the EPA position in advance, if you can even do that.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Trump probably has done similar.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Bwis53 wrote:I try not to think about how different things would be if we had President Gore!

I'm still pissed off that Reagan stole the election from Carter.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:50 am

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum Addict

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Hillary "lost" - even though she received nearly three million more popular votes than the Donald - not just because of Republican voter suppression. Hillary "lost" because she is damn near as unpopular as Trump is. For good reasons, related to her being a war-monger, a True Friend of Goldman Sachs and a member of the American Ruling Class.
As you-all probably know by now.... Bill and Hillary weren't among the 60 (or however many) Democrats who actually boycotted Trump's inaugural. So I have no regrets about speaking the many ugly, inconvenient truths I spoke last fall re: The House of Clinton. When will you Liberal Forons finally get it... The Clintons are part of the PROBLEM, not the solution.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /96652942/

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:18 pm

DCB wrote:
Bwis53 wrote:I try not to think about how different things would be if we had President Gore!

I'm still pissed off that Reagan stole the election from Carter.

Yes, I remember what a black day that was, as I sat in Carter's phone bank. I said dark times upon us.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:22 pm

IU2Bmanoletters wrote:Hillary "lost" - even though she received nearly three million more popular votes than the Donald - not just because of Republican voter suppression. Hillary "lost" because she is damn near as unpopular as Trump is. For good reasons, related to her being a war-monger, a True Friend of Goldman Sachs and a member of the American Ruling Class.
As you-all probably know by now.... Bill and Hillary weren't among the 60 (or however many) Democrats who actually boycotted Trump's inaugural. So I have no regrets about speaking the many ugly, inconvenient truths I spoke last fall re: The House of Clinton. When will you Liberal Forons finally get it... The Clintons are part of the PROBLEM, not the solution.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /96652942/

When Trump has taken your rights, packed the Supreme Court, taken Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, VA benefits, come back and tell us about Bad Hillary.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum Addict

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Oh please. All the terrible things Trump will do - and he, THEY will do those things - do NOT excuse the rampant criminality of Bill and Hilly. It's only a difference in degree, and perhaps targeting as well. Example: How do you KNOW Hillary Clinton would not have started a war with Russia - she IS just that bellicose in her rhetoric, and in her past actions as well. Have you ALREADY forgotten that during a three-day period in September 2016, Mr. O'bomber was indeed bombing six different sovereign nations? No doubt, with the pro-Iraq War-voting Hillary's staunch approval, too. Self interest should not be the only criteria - neither for you, nor for me.

I loathe and despise everything Trump is and everything he represents. That fact does not exculpate Billary. The chickens were destined to come home to roost - this American Empire cannot spread death and destruction galore, through actions both covert AND overt, without the inevitable consequences for our already much-shredded "safety-net," as well as the equally ineluctable repercussions upon our phony democracy here in USA.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:30 pm

I loathe and despise everything Trump is and everything he represents. That fact does not exculpate Billary. The chickens were destined to come home to roost - this American Empire cannot spread death and destruction galore, through actions both covert AND overt, without the inevitable consequences for our already much-shredded "safety-net," as well as the equally ineluctable repercussions upon our phony democracy here in USA.

So what are you going to do about it?
Go to Canada or elsewhere?
Are you a prepper?
Just post on forums and gripe?

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Naw Bwis53, that would be fflambeau.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Bwis53 wrote:

So what are you going to do about it?
Go to Canada or elsewhere?
Are you a prepper?
Just post on forums and gripe?

Well???? IU2Bmanoletters ?

Return to “National Politics & Government”