Why did Hillary lose?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Why did Hillary lose?

Comey's false accusations from FBI
42%
Electoral college failure
5%
Fake News
No votes
Not enough support from Sanders and Stein supporters
No votes
Russian hackers
5%
Voter ID laws and voter suppression
5%
Trump was better candidate
5%
Other
37%

Total votes: 19

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Why did Hillary lose?

Postby Beaver » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 pm

What is the biggest reason Hillary didn't win?

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why did Hillary lose?

Postby Roy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:23 pm

You left out the main reason for her loss. People don't think she is honest. Probably didn't help either, that most people thought that she should have been indicted by the FBI.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Roy wrote:You left out the main reason for her loss. People don't think she is honest. Probably didn't help either, that most people thought that she should have been indicted by the FBI.
You left out the main reason p[eople think that: Republicans spent $70 million plus campaigning against her and Bill under the guise of "investigations," and found nothing. The worst you can say about Hillary is she acted just like Republicans, except to a lesser degree... unless, of course, you want to lie about it all then blame her for it.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:31 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:
Roy wrote:You left out the main reason for her loss. People don't think she is honest. Probably didn't help either, that most people thought that she should have been indicted by the FBI.
You left out the main reason p[eople think that: Republicans spent $70 million plus campaigning against her and Bill under the guise of "investigations," and found nothing. The worst you can say about Hillary is she acted just like Republicans, except to a lesser degree... unless, of course, you want to lie about it all then blame her for it.

Why people think that is your personal opinion.

You are allowed your own opinions, but not your own facts. Also Google is your friend. :mrgreen:

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Riiiiight.... :)

Let's pretend like you use it. Which is worse: Bush ignoring over 60 warnings of the coming 9-11 attacks, or what happened in Benghazi?

Bush lying 100s of times to invade Iraq causing the deaths of several hundred thousand people and the creation of ISIS, displacing a couple million, turning the whole region into a clusterfuck, and wasting $5 trillion helping bankrupt the economy, or what happened in Benghazi?

Bush blocking the feds from regulating the banks when they saw the crash coming in 2005 then blaming Barney Frank for it (because folks like you would believe it), or Hillary's connections to Wall Street?

Bill's consensual sex, or Trump's sexual assaults?

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:10 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Riiiiight.... :)

Let's pretend like you use it. Which is worse: Bush ignoring over 60 warnings of the coming 9-11 attacks, or what happened in Benghazi?

Bush lying 100s of times to invade Iraq causing the deaths of several hundred thousand people and the creation of ISIS, displacing a couple million, turning the whole region into a clusterfuck, and wasting $5 trillion helping bankrupt the economy, or what happened in Benghazi?

Bush blocking the feds from regulating the banks when they saw the crash coming in 2005 then blaming Barney Frank for it (because folks like you would believe it), or Hillary's connections to Wall Street?

Bill's consensual sex, or Trump's sexual assaults?

Right, lose an argument, so change the subject from Hillary to Bush. LMAO

nonyuppie
Forum Addict

Postby nonyuppie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:36 pm

None of the options have anything to do with the policies she advocated.

What shit!

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 pm

More navel gazing.

There was not ONE reason she lost. There were many.

The biggest is that Republicans hate her, which mean that anyone would get 45% of the vote against her.

What scared me before the election was this:

At some point, Hillary Clinton's main point was that she wasn't Donald Trump.

Donald Trump wasn't Hillary Clinton.

Trump also had some positive appeal. Maybe you think his Make America Great Again, bring the jobs home, etc. was a scam. I know I do. BUT, it gave people a positive reason to vote for him.

That makes a difference. The vast majority of the people who decide at the last minute usually decide on the candidate who has a positive message, instead of I'M NOT MY OPPONENT!

It worked for Hillary in 2000, when she has a positive message and 90% of the undecided went for her against Rick "Not Hillary" Lazio.

It worked for Scott Walker in 2014, when the vast majority of the undecided went for his positive message, rather than Mary "Not Scott Walker" Burke.

It worked for Trump in 2016, when the vast majority of the undecided went for his Make America Great Again, rather than Hillary "Not The Donald" Clinton.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:03 pm

I voted for "other" because there were multiple reasons she lost. A number of them were listed as options. One that wasn't specifically listed, as I recall, is that too many Obama voters were not motivated enough to go to the polls and vote for Hillary. Trump's base turned out. Hers didn't.

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Bad poll that doesn't include some of the main reasons:

1) Hillary had too much baggage;
2) sexism;
3) Hillary ran a bad campaign (poor choice of VP; didn't campaign in Wisconsin after the primary; pulled ads etc.);
4) she misread the country's mood (Michael Moore predicted a Trump win last April) and failed to incorporate progressivism/populism into her campaign;
5) she was too closely aligned to Obama and didn't promise change or advance a program of change;
6) corrupt Democratic party hurt her opponent (Bernie Sanders) who should have been the nominee.

One of your "reasons": lack of support from Sanders/Stein supporters is laughable. Bernie went out of his way to help her. Had he attacked her personally in the Democratic debates, he likely would be President now.

I don't often agree with G on anything but he's correct here: there were multiple reasons for Clinton's loss.

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:08 am

1) She has been in the national public eye longer than anyone that has ever been elected president, at least that I can recall - certainly since 1900. Baggage, fatigue, whatever you want to call it.
2) Rightly or wrongly, she is perceived as being just as much of a tool of big business as the Republicans - as a result, that was not a differentiating factor.
3) As any Packer fan knows, the only thing a Prevent Defense prevents is your team from winning. And she had her corner backs playing about 15 yards off the line of scrimmage.

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:36 am

Why did Hillary lose?

Cause she was the worst candidate ever!

I mean really, how does one lose to a shit spewing, I'll be whatever you want me to be today, I'm going to make America great again, Donald Trump?

Being a worse candidate!

It's that simple.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:57 am

fflambeau wrote:
One of your "reasons": lack of support from Sanders/Stein supporters is laughable. Bernie went out of his way to help her.

Apples and oranges, Einstein. Bernie urged his supporters to vote for Hillary, many didn't listen.

I know two people who voted for Jill Stein as a protest vote because they were convinced that Hillary was going to win Wisconsin. They're not very proud of that vote now.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:43 am

O.J. wrote:I know two people who voted for Jill Stein as a protest vote because they were convinced that Hillary was going to win Wisconsin. They're not very proud of that vote now.

Much like Nader voters in the 2000 election.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:44 am

Hillary is from the Chicago area.

Stupid FIB couldn't find Wisconsin on a map.

Hey, it's the state with Lake Geneva, the Wisconsin Dells and Door County!

Return to “National Politics & Government”