Why did Hillary lose?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Why did Hillary lose?

Comey's false accusations from FBI
42%
Electoral college failure
5%
Fake News
No votes
Not enough support from Sanders and Stein supporters
No votes
Russian hackers
5%
Voter ID laws and voter suppression
5%
Trump was better candidate
5%
Other
37%

Total votes: 19

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why did Hillary lose?

Postby gargantua » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Bwis53 wrote:
Bwis53 wrote:
I loathe and despise everything Trump is and everything he represents. That fact does not exculpate Billary. The chickens were destined to come home to roost - this American Empire cannot spread death and destruction galore, through actions both covert AND overt, without the inevitable consequences for our already much-shredded "safety-net," as well as the equally ineluctable repercussions upon our phony democracy here in USA.

So what are you going to do about it?
Go to Canada or elsewhere?
Are you a prepper?
Just post on forums and gripe?

Well???? IU2Bmanoletters ?

Probably busy trying to clean all the spittle on his keyboard.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:24 pm

I've been a fan of ex-President Obama since 2008. His presidency turned out exactly the way I thought it would, though I never expected Trump. At least not till a 18 months ago. I did expect that by design or incompetence President Obama would give progressivism such a bad smell that it would lose all credibility.

There are still some diehards but it seems fairly dead, now. Needs a couple more oaken stakes in its heart to be sure but I think we can see a way forward.

I am still not sure he did this on purpose, that he has been a liberal mole all this time. But let's say he was. As president he could have:

Had the NSA release the DNC files and then claim it was the Russkies!
Encouraged Loretta Lynn to meet with Clinton then just happen to have someone present to get photos
Dragged the investigation of her server out for years
Had Comey make his July statement about her being guilty of security crimes but that he would not recommend prosecution. (Sure to rile up Trump's base)
Had Comey release the statement in October
Damned her with faint praise as he has done for 8 years now
Gotten friends at the National Enquirer and other checkout line newspapers to put Crooked Hilary on the front page (She thinks it may have cost her the elections)

Nobbled her campaign in dozens of other ways to throw the election to trump.

Conspiracy theory? You betcha. It could be that ex-President Obama was just incompetent. It could just be all coincidence. But ex-President Obama is not stupid. All the Kool Kidz tell us that he is the smartest, most competent, person to ever occupy the White House. Almost as smart as Beyonce, as some deep thinker told us just the other day.

If he is so smart and competent, then President Trump's win had to be on purpose, right? That he reportedly hates the Clintons with a passion like the sun could have helped motivate him too.

John Henry

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:28 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:I've been a fan of ex-President Obama since 2008. His presidency turned out exactly the way I thought it would, though I never expected Trump. At least not till a 18 months ago. I did expect that by design or incompetence President Obama would give progressivism such a bad smell that it would lose all credibility.

There are still some diehards but it seems fairly dead, now. Needs a couple more oaken stakes in its heart to be sure but I think we can see a way forward.

I am still not sure he did this on purpose, that he has been a liberal mole all this time. But let's say he was. As president he could have:

Had the NSA release the DNC files and then claim it was the Russkies!
Encouraged Loretta Lynn to meet with Clinton then just happen to have someone present to get photos
Dragged the investigation of her server out for years
Had Comey make his July statement about her being guilty of security crimes but that he would not recommend prosecution. (Sure to rile up Trump's base)
Had Comey release the statement in October
Damned her with faint praise as he has done for 8 years now
Gotten friends at the National Enquirer and other checkout line newspapers to put Crooked Hilary on the front page (She thinks it may have cost her the elections)

Nobbled her campaign in dozens of other ways to throw the election to trump.

Conspiracy theory? You betcha. It could be that ex-President Obama was just incompetent. It could just be all coincidence. But ex-President Obama is not stupid. All the Kool Kidz tell us that he is the smartest, most competent, person to ever occupy the White House. Almost as smart as Beyonce, as some deep thinker told us just the other day.

If he is so smart and competent, then President Trump's win had to be on purpose, right? That ex-President Obama reportedly hates the Clintons with a passion like the sun could have helped motivate him too.

John Henry

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:52 pm

waddaego

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 pm

If you want to know why the Dems will lose even more in 2018, just watch the clip below. The DNC chair people hash it out.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:36 am

Obama pollster Cornell Belcher on the failures that led to President Trump
http://www.salon.com/2017/02/20/obama-p ... coalition/

"How big a variable was voter suppression in terms of Donald Trump’s victory? Underestimated? Overestimated?

When you look at places like North Carolina — and, let’s be clear, this is not my language, this is the courts’ language — what the Republican legislation was trying to do was in fact stop black people from voting. When you have state legislative bodies working actively to get in the way of black people voting, it’s going to impact it. Not only in North Carolina; go and look at Wisconsin. There’s a lot of folks in Wisconsin saying that just with the number of people who got disenfranchised from the new voting laws there who tried to vote, Hillary Clinton [would have won] Wisconsin. What these Republican legislative bodies are doing is to disenfranchise people. Two points here, three points there — it absolutely makes a difference in these battleground states."

MPMay
Forum Addict

Postby MPMay » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:38 pm

I'm not much of a politician, but I found this analysis interesting, and contra a lot of the conventional wisdom.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/opin ... -well&_r=0

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:21 pm

What do Left and Right really mean?

Robert Reich said that there are, in effect, two other shadow parties: the globalist and anti-globalist (perhaps nationalist) parties.

In that way of looking at things, Trump was the right wing of the anti-globalist party, while Sanders was the left wing.
HRC was the left wing of the globalist party, with the GOP establishment as the right wing.

What then, does moving left mean?
Does it mean anti-globalism?
Does it mean more identity politics, which fit in well with globalism?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:32 pm

MPMay wrote:I'm not much of a politician, but I found this analysis interesting, and contra a lot of the conventional wisdom.

Fascinating. It really does run counter to what we're hearing from the punditry. I thought that it was pretty convincing.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:08 pm

MPMay wrote:I'm not much of a politician, but I found this analysis interesting, and contra a lot of the conventional wisdom.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:21 am

Racism motivated Trump voters more than authoritarianism
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon ... d884b15b47

"Finally, the statistical tool of regression can tease apart which had more influence on the 2016 vote: authoritarianism or symbolic racism, after controlling for education, race, ideology, and age. Moving from the 50th to the 75th percentile in the authoritarian scale made someone about 3 percent more likely to vote for Trump. The same jump on the SRS scale made someone 20 percent more likely to vote for Trump. Racial attitudes made a bigger difference in electing Trump than authoritarianism."

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Racism is real, but Obama was elected twice.

Meaning it may be a necessary but NOT sufficient condition for Trump's victory.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:00 pm

It was the perfect storm of fearmongering and establishment rot. Trump managed to push the buttons of every authoritarian, bigot, and undereducated underemployed out there, and the Democrats took careful aim at their own feet and started shooting at them and haven't stopped yet. The Russians and Comey helped put a lock on it.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Return to “National Politics & Government”