Trump voters remorse

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Trump voters remorse

Postby Cadfael » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Not many. They are Roy. Unless they have been hit, extremely up close and personally, by the ruined lives of loved ones, they are the same as they've always been.

And even then, as Mr Moss demonstrates, they're still one-issue voters. It's only that particular problem, which affected this particular loved one, that matters. No other issues exist.

Empathy does not compute. There is no "love thy neighbor."

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anymore'

I wonder how many other Trump supported feel betrayed.

Umm... What betrayal, and what to do with Trump? How did Trump cause this heroine addiction in just a few short weeks.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:51 pm

heroine addiction?
Vera Noble belongs to a long line of famous superheroes, but she's done quite enough lifesaving in her time. Now, she's perfectly happy to serve pie and coffee in her small-town cafe, far away from the bright explosions and enormous radiation-spawned monsters of the big city. However, no life ever stays safe and quiet forever, and one simple request from her family's former mortal enemy upends Vera's semi-average existence

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Roy wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anymore'

I wonder how many other Trump supported feel betrayed.

Umm... What betrayal, and what to do with Trump? How did Trump cause this heroine (sic) addiction in just a few short weeks.

You have extremely poor reading comprehension. Re-read the article I cited. Maybe that will help, but I somehow doubt it.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:27 pm

In my own humble opinion, it's the lack of empathy and "who cares about my neighbor" attitude that's causing the reading comprehension problem.

In my own even more humble opinion Roy didn't read the article at all so comprehension isn't even in the equation.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 am

well, since president trump is proving to be as garrulous on twitter and so forth as before the election, maybe he would not mind weighing in on whether or not pluto is a planet . . .
it is hard to say -- maybe ceres and other spherical or near-spherical bodies discovered by traditional pre-computer planet-hunting means should not have been demoted from planets to asteroids?

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 am

Henry Vilas wrote:You have extremely poor reading comprehension. Re-read the article I cited. Maybe that will help, but I somehow doubt it.

You're right that re-reading doesn't change my mind. I got it the first time.

I have sent email notice to Ryan that his repair and rename needs to be replaced. However my disappointment is with the Republican Congress on the bill. They wrote it, not Trump.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:30 am

Roy wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:You have extremely poor reading comprehension. Re-read the article I cited. Maybe that will help, but I somehow doubt it.

You're right that re-reading doesn't change my mind. I got it the first time.

I have sent email notice to Ryan that his repair and rename needs to be replaced. However my disappointment is with the Republican Congress on the bill. They wrote it, not Trump.

Well there you have it. If you don't do anything you haven't betrayed anyone because lack of action isn't betrayal.

I still don't believe Roy read the article. He spent all that time coming up with a Trump apology.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Another Trump voter fooled by his rhetoric (or should I say, by his lies).

Trump supporter thought president would deport only ‘bad hombres.’ Instead, her husband is being deported.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Another Trump voter fooled by his rhetoric (or should I say, by his lies).

Trump supporter thought president would deport only ‘bad hombres.’ Instead, her husband is being deported.

You should say "his lies" because after all you disagree with him.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:10 pm

I don't know if Trump voters would ever admit to having remorse. Maybe they live in one of the parallel universes.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Madsci wrote:I don't know if Trump voters would ever admit to having remorse. Maybe they live in one of the parallel universes.

Why is it so hard for the left to understand? Their opinion is different from your opinion ( that you falsely think is fact ). Disagreeing with you doesn't mean that they have, or should hold remorse. :mrgreen:

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Roy wrote:
Madsci wrote:I don't know if Trump voters would ever admit to having remorse. Maybe they live in one of the parallel universes.

Why is it so hard for the left to understand? Their opinion is different from your opinion ( that you falsely think is fact ). Disagreeing with you doesn't mean that they have, or should hold remorse. :mrgreen:
Flail away, Roy — emoji dingleberries and all. There really is such a thing as truth.

(And it ain't parceled out in fifty-cent increments.)

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Roy is right. You gotta have a huge ego to be talking about truth.

I voted for Trump. May have been right, may have been wrong. Still way too early to call.

But if you insist, congrats on the Badger basketball win last night, as well as the Falcons inspired Superbowl victory!

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:12 pm

bdog wrote:Roy is right. You gotta have a huge ego to be talking about truth.

Actually, no it doesn't. It just requires being rational.

Was Trump's inauguration smaller than Obama's? Yeah, it really was. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But Trump had to go and lie about it. And keep lying about it. And that's how we got the term "alternative facts", which is just another word for lying. As in, not telling the truth.

Did Obama wiretap Trump Tower? No, he did not. Nor did he "wiretap" or "tapp" the phones. It didn't happen. The President* accused the former President of a felony based on nothing more than some bullshit story he saw on the teevee. That's some Grade-A top-shelf lying.

I don't know when conservatives decided to go all post-modern, "Like what is Truth, really?". But the fact is, there are really are facts.

Return to “National Politics & Government”