Batman vs The Cops

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Batman vs The Cops

Postby gargantua » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Did Batman ever beat up an innocent person?

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:02 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:I can think of a few DC and several Marvel heroes that I think would be much better fits to address police violence.

Yeah, this definitely seems like a job for Captain America and I'm not just being a smart-ass.

I can't think of any reasons why he isn't better qualified but I am completely and absolutely certain that no matter who it was, a significant number of people WOULD be able to come up with something. And they'd be quite vocal about it.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 am

gargantua wrote:Did Batman ever beat up an innocent person?

Well in Batman #1 (1940) he killed a mentally ill patient who had been affected by some mad scientist's toxic serum (turning the patient into a killing machine). It be debatable except that Batman had just given himself the antidote to the serum so there was obviously a non-lethal solution available (no chemistry pun intended).

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Yeah, this definitely seems like a job for Captain America and I'm not just being a smart-ass.

I was thinking Daredevil or Luke Cage. Captain America would be excellent as well of course but maybe too predictable? On the DC side I think the Super boy scout would actually be perfect.

rabble wrote:I can't think of any reasons why he isn't better qualified but I am completely and absolutely certain that no matter who it was, a significant number of people WOULD be able to come up with something. And they'd be quite vocal about it.

Well that describes 99% of everything related to comic books.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:06 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:I was thinking Daredevil or Luke Cage.

Daredevil is every bit as much a vigilante as Batman, and Cage is a former criminal who spent most of his career only doing the superhero bit because he wanted a paycheck, so I'm not sure they're the guys for the job. Captain America may be predictable but that's because he already has a long history of battling authority and the government when they fail to live up to his commitment to true American ideals.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:10 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:
rabble wrote:I can't think of any reasons why he isn't better qualified but I am completely and absolutely certain that no matter who it was, a significant number of people WOULD be able to come up with something. And they'd be quite vocal about it.

Well that describes 99% of everything related to comic books.

Eyeah. It's a guess but it's based on experience. :-)

Return to “National Politics & Government”