Speaking Truth to Power

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Speaking Truth to Power

Postby penquin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Did you actually stomp your foot at the end of that rant? 'cause it sure comes across that way...

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:21 pm

penquin wrote:Did you actually stomp your foot at the end of that rant? 'cause it sure comes across that way...

Way to address my point. That you are acting like an asshole. So is Henry.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:01 pm

This thread is beyond lame. Shoot it and let it die!

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Joking, are you still around? What do you think about Trump's comment that if abortions were outlawed (which both Trump and you want), women who get them should be punished? If you think abortion is akin to murder, should the woman involved be arrested for that crime?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu May 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion

The Oklahoma state legislature has passed a bill that would criminalize abortion procedures in the state. According to the language of the bill, anyone who is found to have performed an abortion -- except in instances to save the life of the mother -- will be found guilty of a felony and can receive up to three years in prison.

The bill now is on its way to Gov. Mary Fallin for final approval.

The governor has not decided whether she will sign the bill, according to her spokesperson Michael McNutt.

Once Fallin has the bill she has five business days to decide if she will approve the legislation. If she doesn't sign or veto the bill, it automatically becomes law, according to McNutt.

If it does become law, it will be immediately struck down by a federal court.

zippery
Forum Addict

Postby zippery » Thu May 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Joking, are you still around?

no. you chased him away. good boy.

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Fri May 20, 2016 6:16 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Joking, are you still around? What do you think about Trump's comment that if abortions were outlawed (which both Trump and you want), women who get them should be punished? If you think abortion is akin to murder, should the woman involved be arrested for that crime?

Henry,

I'll answer your question in this manner.

Watch the following videos and tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THDmys8z30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESqdmQFTNhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Af8vIym2o

I picked these video's not just because they were produced by someone who is pro-life, I picked them because the Dr. Levatino is a board certified OBGYN who did over 1200 abortions early in his carrier as a OB doc.

Personally I don't think that the woman should be arrested. I think the doctor who performs the abortion, the abortion clinic director and the head of the organization that performs abortions should if laws were passed to say that it was illegal.

Saying that I do realize that the hearts of many have been hardened to the realities of abortion and do not want to listen to the truth about what it really is.

But realize, there is a difference in the law in having something found legally right and justice. While there may be a legal right to abortion it is not justice to the unborn.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri May 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Update: Oklahoma Gov. Fallin vetoes anti-abortion bill

Smart move for the reason I gave above. She saves the Oklahoma taxpayers a lot of money if they had to defend that proposed law in court.

Going against her past tradition, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin on Friday vetoed an anti-abortion bill on grounds that it was vague and would not stand against a challenge.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Just a follow up on the topic.

Center for Disease Control reported that abortion rates are the lowest in 45 years.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/why-you ... rtion.html

So contrary to ymbj's position that everyone and everyone is getting an abortion since Obama took office, it is in fact down almost 25% since W left office.

George W Bush and abortion rates : 16 per 1,000 women
Barack Obama and abortion rates: 12.5 per 1,000 women

The article, while slanted, suggests and the numbers seem to prove that Democratic Presidents and increased access to birth control lowers abortion rates.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:41 pm

HawkHead wrote:
you must be joking wrote:
HawkHead wrote:If you need to edit your video as was done you aren't speaking truth to power. The words and actions should be strong enough to stand on their own.

HawkHead,

Like I said, there are the full unedited versions of the tapes on their web site as well as the complete transcripts of each video.

Then why did they edit it before releasing it to the public? If it was a complete slam dunk they didn't need to. Just like the Scott Walker tape and the Romney video.

James O'Keefe is in the news again. His group trying to pay protestors to riot at the Trump inauguration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cou ... ad97e516f7

What a complete tool! And ymbj believes this idiot.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:02 pm

HawkHead wrote:James O'Keefe is in the news again. His group trying to pay protestors to riot at the Trump inauguration.
Roy should look into this. Even with travel expenses, this has to be much more lucrative than the current gig.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:07 pm

fennel wrote:
HawkHead wrote:James O'Keefe is in the news again. His group trying to pay protestors to riot at the Trump inauguration.
Roy should look into this. Even with travel expenses, this has to be much more lucrative than the current gig.

Eat shit and bark at the moon.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Roy wrote:
fennel wrote:

How's that pay?

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:44 am

Cadfael wrote:
Roy wrote:
fennel wrote:Roy should look into this. Even with travel expenses, this has to be much more lucrative than the current gig.

How's that pay?

Maybe the Russians follow the minimum wage law.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 am

snoqueen wrote:Maybe the Russians follow the minimum wage law.
I'm pretty sure Roy does strictly piecework (hence the many non sequiturs and perseveration), so minimum wage wouldn't apply.

Return to “National Politics & Government”