The Hillary Clinton for President Thread

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Hillary Clinton for President Thread

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:19 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:... because I am a patriot and care about my country.

Just like your man Trump, who dodged the draft during the Vietnam War, but is more than willing to send Americans in harms way as demonstrated by his frequent bellicose rhetoric.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:11 am

Now this is a November surprise I like! The real surprise to me is that this happened Friday instead of next Wednesday. I wonder if the Rolling Stone verdict had something to do with it or if that was just coincidence.

In case you missed it, Katie Johnson via her patent attorney dropped her lawsuit against Trump yesterday. She seems to have lied to the US Court in California about her name, as well as her address. It is apparently not Katie Johnson according to the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... laims.html

Isn't it a shame that we have to get real news from the Brits? Nothing about this in either the NY Times or WaPo as of 8AM Saturday.

Something else I got from a British paper earlier this week: A former Jerry Springer producer put her up to it. Why is there always a Jerry Springer connection in stories like this?

John Henry

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:19 am

Orbiting Narwhal
Forum Addict

Postby Orbiting Narwhal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:07 pm

Roy wrote:Any and all tax cuts have always increased revenues. Your stupid question is like asking for a link that water is wet, or the sky is blue.

Hahahaha, nope. Not even close, Roy.

Kansas is a great example. Gov Brownback pushed through huge tax cuts in 2012, amid promises that it would jump-start the state's economy. Instead, it's been an utter disaster.

Revenues have not "increased", they've collapsed. This graph compares tax revenues in Kansas vs Nebraska, with both states' revenues in 2011 (the year before Kansas's tax cuts took effect) set to 100. Both states have Republican governors, but Kansas nuked its own economy while Nebraska didn't:

Kansas tax revenues are the blue line, Nebraska's are the red line.

More reading for Roy:

Kansas Tried Tax Cuts. Its Neighbor Didn't. Guess Which Worked.

Trickle-Down Economics Has Ruined the Kansas Economy

Why Conservatives Have Learned Nothing From Kansas’ Disastrous Tax Cuts

Kansas’ Tax Cut Experience Refutes Economic Growth Predictions of Trump Tax Advisors

The Republican Party Must Answer for What It Did to Kansas and Louisiana
(a similar story played out in Louisiana, as massive tax cuts failed to lead to promised growth)

Gov. Sam Brownback cuts higher education as Kansas tax receipts fall $53 million short

Kansas' experiment in conservative economics still a bust

Kansas is still bleeding, thanks to tea party economics

... oh, and this is one result:

America's least popular governor is Republican Gov. Sam Brownback in Kansas, who is embroiled in ongoing budget woes that followed large tax cuts. Only 26 percent of Kansas voters approved of his job performance, compared to 65 percent who said they did not.

https://morningconsult.com/state-governor-rankings/

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:29 pm

in re the wikileaks business: podesta comes across as being one of the more sophisticated folks involved with the whole thing, but j palmeri's tortured relationship with reality and/or cynicism along the lines of "truth -- what does that mean?" gave me a twinge of regret for voting for h r c but just a twinge. it would be better for the country if she (palmeri) was on the bread line the day after the election, but i am sure there are even worse people working for both of the major candidates . . .

BobbyB
Forum Addict

Postby BobbyB » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:12 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:Now this is a November surprise I like! ...

So there you have it: John Henry doing a little dance because the person for whom he would vote President of the United States is not going to trial for raping a child. Bravo! You really raise the bar for lowering the bar!

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:54 am

. . . or maybe not -- someone who ought to know reminded me of earlier attempts to spin the wikileaks business and she came to the conclusion, and i am paraphrasing here, that maybe some folks associated with that campaign are crooks, but palmeri is stone cold fucked in the head, sort of like a combination of a weiner, segway boy, and trump . . . maybe h r c will make her propaganda minister -- we should hope so, because a substantive government appointment would not be good . . ..

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:31 am

BobbyB wrote:
johnfajardohenry wrote:Now this is a November surprise I like! ...

So there you have it: John Henry doing a little dance because the person for whom he would vote President of the United States is not going to trial for raping a child. Bravo! You really raise the bar for lowering the bar!

Yup. Only in America could have people feeling happy that a woman has been so intimidated by what the national and social medias, funded and influenced by the one percent, have done to her friends who've gone public that she's turned around and run.

Oh, wait. Maybe there's other countries where that happens.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:31 am

If Susan B. Anthony were alive today, I'll bet she'd be shocked at our modern ways. Like for instance, livestreaming her grave site!

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:30 am

bdog wrote:.

Interesting point. Very insightful. Thanks for sharing

Return to “National Politics & Government”