The Hillary Clinton for President Thread

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Hillary Clinton for President Thread

Postby Galoot » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Two things--she was Gallup's "most admired woman in America" for a record-setting 20 years.

And apparently Bernie, during the primary campaign, liked as much or even slightly more than Hillary did:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/13/opini ... .html?_r=1

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:41 pm

"Defense contractor employees give the most money to Hillary Clinton
Clinton beats all of the Republicans, plus Bernie Sanders, in getting the defense industry’s financial help for her presidential campaign:"
https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016/04 ... ry-clinton

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Thank Gawd for computers - the Web and the Cloud. Otherwise, there wouldn't be enough paper in Washington DC to make a record of Hillary's voluminous prevarication!
http://www.politifact.com/personalities ... se/?page=2

"Clinton’s Email Falsehood"
By Lori Robertson
Posted on August 1, 2016:
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/08/clinto ... falsehood/

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Mainstream Dems are a bunch of totally sold-out, guilt-tripping fear-mongers who, in very UNDEMOCRATIC fashion, want us ALL to march in electoral lockstep, to fall in line behind their evil, venal, murderous, mendacious, corrupt candidate, Hillary Clinton. If and when we do not, they keep peddling that same old bullshite about how those of us independent thinkers who opted to vote for the candidate of our CHOICE are guilty of having put George W in the White House back in 2000. Even though 24,000 registered Dems voted for GW Bush that year; even though over 300,000 registered Dems voted for Nader that year!

I'm sick and fugging tired of Mainstream Dems' wars of opportunity. And one can cite quite a few of them, going back many decades: Korea, under Truman; Vietnam, a war which saw its greatest escalation by far under Lyndon Johnson; Bosnia, and the Blitz against Kosovo and Serbia, under Bill Clinton; and NOW were "back to Iraq," under Obama, who escalated the Afghanistan war like the damn fool we all know he ISN'T, beginning in 2009. Barack O'Bomber also exacerbated our God Forsaken habit of American Interventionism in Yemen, Pakistan, Libya, and Syria, though I'll admit Obie appeared reluctant to do so in the latter two cases. Oh, and that opportunistic jerk Obie is still in favor of the TPP - he makes no bones about it; being a lame duck instead of a prospective president after January 19, 2016..... Obie doesn't HAVE to care what's in the best interests of American Workers! Quite unlike Hillary, who, only in response to Bernie Sander's principled prodding, conveniently changed her tune.

"Clinton’s Email Falsehood"
By Lori Robertson
Posted on August 1, 2016
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/08/clinto ... falsehood/

"All False statements involving Hillary Clinton:"
http://www.politifact.com/personalities ... ing/false/

"Hillary the Hawk: A History;
From Haiti to Syria, the Democratic candidate’s long record suggests she’s looking forward to being a war president on day one:"
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hil ... raq-syria/

"How Hillary Clinton Became a Hawk:"
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/magaz ... -hawk.html

"Obama puts TPP trade deal at top of 2016 agenda:"
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/26375 ... 016-agenda

"Former Labor Sec. Robert Reich on Clinton's Errors of Crippling Welfare to Repealing Glass-Steagall:'
May 08, 2012
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/5/8/fo ... t_reich_on
Last edited by IU2Bmanoletters on Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:35 pm

So, Hillary can count on your vote then.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Ha ha ha ha HA! Good one, Garg.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Let's look at Hillary's Campaign in light of of a little recent political history. Ralph Nader DID affect the 2000 election, by running a commendable campaign, the most praiseworthy campaign that had gripped Americans' imagination in decades. Nader did you ALL the great service of drawing attention to Bill Clinton's sickening, self-interested, twisted lust for ultimate power. Ralph and others did their damndest to alert this faltering nation to the triangulating track record of that most mendacious corrupt, homicidal, Grand Obstructor of Justice, Bill Clinton. (Personally, I didn't care about his little tryst, but, like Russ Feingold, I objected to Bill Clinton's demonstrably impeachable obstruction of justice, to his lying under oath about "L'affaire Monica.") I do find it regrettable whenever an opportunist like William Jefferson Clinton feels himself forced to prevaricate about sexual acts occurring in the Oval Office, but Clinton should have simply "taken the Fifth," rather than perjuring himself. Or even better, he should have admitted to the country that he no longer was attracted to his crocodile-like wife, and preferred younger women.
What I REALLY object to, however, was Clinton's running roughshod over The Constitution in his zeal to keep the American Military Industrial Syndrome going strong. And Clinton DID keep the Pentagon's wars of "I got nothing better to do, anyway" going, from the moment he first bombed Iraq under false pretenses in May 1993, and ending with his last day in office. Clinton DID bomb Baghdad AGAIN in December 1998, in a failed attempt to distract the nation from the legal fallout resulting from his "White Whorehouse" pecker-dillos. Clinton DID maintain the George Herbert Walker Bush regime's vicious sanctions in force against a prostrate Iraq for eight murderous years, resulting in the death of at least 500,000 hapless Iraqi kids. Clinton DID accede, at the very least, to that job-draining trade deal known as NAFTA. I took umbrage at the Clinton administration's punitive and scapegoating "Welfare Reform,'" as did Robert Reich, to the point where Mr. Reich felt the need to resign as Clinton's secretary of labor. Who among you openly approves of such misconduct, to such immorality and illegality? Approves, to the point where you eagerly and sanctimoniously urge EVERYBODY to fall in line, plug his/her nose, and cast a vote for the candidate of YOUR choice. Such is the wide-reaching extent of the Mainstream Dems' palpable contempt for the democratic process.
Well, no thanks all the same. I'll politely demur, and vote for a candidate who has not yet had the opportunity to be co-opted by the Generals, Defense Contractors, Corporate Kingpins and those other influential Scum of the Earth. This November, let's ALL give Jill Stein the time, the stature, the temptation, the opportunity to end up just as morally compromised as the Clintons! Because in the final analysis, it's not the INDIVIDUAL that counts - even an individual as nasty as Bill or Hillary. It's the SYSTEM that spoils a potentially humane and genuinely human hominid.

"Debunked: The Myth That Ralph Nader Cost Al Gore the 2000 Election:"
http://disinfo.com/2010/11/debunked-the ... -election/

"Bill Clinton on deregulation: ‘The Republicans made me do it!’
The ex-president seriously mischaracterizes his record:"
http://www.cjr.org/the_audit/bill_clint ... cans_m.php

"I'm With Jill:"

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:29 pm

That's nice. Speaking only for myself, I don't care who you vote for. Knock yourself out.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:25 pm

IU2Bmanoletters wrote:"I'm With Jill:"

No mention of her ridiculous views on science, I see, like being pro-homeopathy, suggesting wi-fi might be harmful to kids' brains, or, if not necessarily promoting the nonsense put forth by anti-vaxxers, suggesting the facts aren't all in yet so who knows? And before you say, "Yeah, but . . . ", if your political party is centered on principles related to environmental protection, energy policy, healthcare, and education, I'd argue that a basic understanding of science is pretty fucking important.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:28 pm

All things considered, Jill Stein is still the greater good, not the lesser evil.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:57 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:All things considered, Jill Stein is still the greater good, not the lesser evil.

That's one of the more cringe-worthy slogans of the last couple of election cycles.
When you considered "all things", I hope you included about 4 decades worth of a future conservative Supreme Court majority that a Trump victory would ensure.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Trump would be an unfathomable disaster, no doubt about it. I don't think he stands a chance though. So I'll vote for Stein. If it was close, I'd probably vote for Hillary even though she's the worst candidate we've had that I can remember.

If it was a choice between Al Gore and Stein, I'd pick Gore. Which I did over Nader in 2000 even though I believe Nader is far better. I always thought Gore made the mistake of not meeting with Nader, and offering him the EPA if Gore won.

I won't blame Nader for 2000. He's done more for America than any Congress person ever has.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 pm

gargantua wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:All things considered, Jill Stein is still the greater good, not the lesser evil.

That's one of the more cringe-worthy slogans of the last couple of election cycles.
When you considered "all things", I hope you included about 4 decades worth of a future conservative Supreme Court majority that a Trump victory would ensure.

jonny -- I don't agree with gargantua that voting for Stein will have any bearing on whether Hillary or Trump wins, so hey, when you get into the voting booth in November, do whatever makes you feel good. I do agree with garg that you clearly haven't considered "all things" because science is a pretty big thing. But whatever. You have your issues and I have mine. I made the point I wanted to make above and truly, I ain't trying to convince you of anything.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:58 am

After yesterday's speech in Vegas, the race is over.

I actually have a great deal of sympathy for the alt-right, since they are the right wing of the anti-globalist movement, while Sanders is a leader of the left wing of the same movement.

Trouble is, look at the comments section of any alt-right website. Tons of racist and anti-Semitic comments, mixed in with wild conspiracy theories. Perhaps a bit strange considering (((Ivanka))) and her (((family))) for Trump to get in bed with the anti-Semites, but he has.

BTW, ((())) signifies a member of The Tribe, also known as The Chosen or just Joos. Can be found in the comments section of any alt-right website. Along with Hutus and niqqa as code for African Americans.

Fair or not, Trump set himself up for Hillary's devastating attack. Even Scott Adams of Dilbert fame says this was likely a death blow to the Trump campaign.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:44 am

Wow. Team Canks is in full meltdown. She threw her race card and all her other looney-left VRWC cards on the table six weeks early. She has nothing left with more emails to come.

Both Trump and Assange are deep in her stroke-damaged head.

Drip. Drip. Drip.
Last edited by Ned Flanders on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “National Politics & Government”