97% Scientist Consensus: global warming is man-made

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: 97% Scientist Consensus: global warming is man-made

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 am

jfh is all over the forum today. I've got a feeling he's stuck at home on account of the weather, and not in Puerto Rico either.

Another con.

And no, I don't try to read his postings any more.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 am

snoqueen wrote:jfh is all over the forum today. I've got a feeling he's stuck at home on account of the weather, and not in Puerto Rico either.

Another con.

And no, I don't try to read his postings any more.

I do hope that all the foron conservatives take his advice and send Mark Steyn all their money.

Michael Mann's gonna be rich as Croesus!

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27 am

I wouldn't bet against Steyn. He's already bettered the Orwellian Canadian "Human Rights Commission", The Canadian Islamic Congress and the Ontario "Human Rights Commission".

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:49 am

Ned Flanders wrote:I wouldn't bet against Steyn. He's already bettered the Orwellian Canadian "Human Rights Commission", The Canadian Islamic Congress and the Ontario "Human Rights Commission".

You could be right, Ned (after all there's a first time for everything). But if it was really such a slam dunk for Mr. Steyn, the bailing of the lawyers is mighty peculiar.

Occam's Razor suggests that money-sucking leaches follow the money. I would think that you, of all people, would understand that.

P.S. - your use of 'Orwellian' is characteristically Orwellian.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:56 am

Marvell wrote:Occam's Razor suggests that money-sucking leaches follow the money. I would think that you, of all people, would understand that.

At least I can agree with this take of Michael Mann and the other warmists. Cheers!

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:24 pm

You know what else will be interesting at the trial?

Mark Steyn will have to turn over his notes on why he thinks Michael Mann was wrong. He won't be able to rely on professional witnesses because the articles have already been published. He will have to show exactly what he knew and how as of the date of the articles.

The judge won't let him go in after the fact and review Michael Mann's work.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:49 am

Seward, AK hits 58 degrees yesterday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USAK0216

I am so confused is it warm or is it cold?

Apparently, a handful of cities in AK are hitting all time highs. Some places shattered the previous high by 20 degrees.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 am

snoqueen wrote:jfh is all over the forum today. I've got a feeling he's stuck at home on account of the weather, and not in Puerto Rico either.

Very astute, Sno. I spend 25 years developing this identity in cyberspace and you see right through it.

Are you in Madison?

I'll be passing through Madison on Wed March 5, probably around 4-6PM. (I'll know the time better as we get closer)

Buy me dinner at the Culvers off the Interstate and we can show each other our drivers licenses.

John Henry

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:49 am

Marvell wrote:But if it was really such a slam dunk for Mr. Steyn, the bailing of the lawyers is mighty peculiar.

I understood that Steyn fired his lawyers, not that they bailed.

John Henry

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:17 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Marvell wrote:But if it was really such a slam dunk for Mr. Steyn, the bailing of the lawyers is mighty peculiar.

I understood that Steyn fired his lawyers, not that they bailed.

John Henry

I understand that Mark Steyn has played you for a chump.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am

manoletters
Forum Addict

Postby manoletters » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Yet more proof that Laissez Faire American capitalism - or Libertarianism, as it's called here in USA - is completely pathological and ultimately suicidal, not just for the individual, but for the Human Race as well.
http://www.npr.org/2014/01/28/267082833 ... ate-change

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:56 am

"While some of the defendants or their representatives declined interviews or did not respond to emails, those who did speak expressed confidence that they would prevail. The statements in the CEI article "are fully protected speech under the First Amendment and will likely be treated as such by the Court of Appeals," said Andrew Grossman of BakerHostetler, who represents the think tank and Simberg. Anthony Dick, a lawyer with Jones Day, which represents National Review, declined to comment. Steyn, the author of the original National Review piece, said by email, "I stand by everything I wrote, and I'm happy to defend it in court and before a jury - if it comes to that."

I think it is going to come to that. So let's get on with it, like they would in real legal systems."

"Steyn's recent column about the case doesn't capture what is so outrageous about Mann's lawsuit: A tenured academic whose particular hustle is the taxpayer-funded "climate change" racket ought to have the decency to pocket his ill-gotten cash and leave honest men alone, but Mann is evidently the shameless sort who thinks he deserves both government money and a good reputation.

And the dogged David Appel, apparently auditioning to play Javert to my Jean Valjean in the forthcoming production of Les Stickerables, notices that, in The Australian eight years ago, I was already calling Mann's hockey stick "fraudulent":

Hence, the famous "hockey stick" graph purporting to show climate over the past 1000 years, as a continuous, flat, millennium-long bungalow with a skyscraper tacked on for the 20th century. This graph was almost laughably fraudulent, not least because it used a formula that would generate a hockey stick shape no matter what data you input, even completely random, trendless, arbitrary computer-generated data. Yet such is the power of the eco-lobby that this fraud became the centrepiece of UN reports on global warming. If it's happening, why is it necessary to lie about it?"
http://www.steynonline.com/6059/i-stand-by-everything-i-wrote

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:53 am

Rich Schultz wrote: This graph was almost laughably fraudulent, not least because it used a formula that would generate a hockey stick shape no matter what data you input, even completely random, trendless, arbitrary computer-generated data. Yet such is the power of the eco-lobby that this fraud became the centrepiece of UN reports on global warming.

You should be thanking your friend President Obama and the NSA for bugging the UN Copenhagen Climate talks and protecting a few vested interests.

"Analysts here at NSA, as well as our Second Party partners, will continue to provide policymakers with unique, timely, and valuable insights into key countries' preparations and goals for the conference, as well as the deliberations within countries on climate change policies and negotiation strategies."

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 am

Stella_Guru wrote:You should be thanking your friend President Obama and the NSA for bugging the UN Copenhagen Climate talks and protecting a few vested interests.

Pretty serious charges if true. Hardly surprising, though. Not just under Obie but the NSA/CIA and other agencies have been doing stuff like this for 50 years. Up to now they have been better at keeping it secret.

Is this the link?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/2 ... _ref=green

John Henry

Return to “National Politics & Government”