MSNBC evening hosts

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Uncle Fester
Forum God/Goddess

Re: MSNBC evening hosts

Postby Uncle Fester » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:29 am

Palin's analogy related to our fiscal situation and the debts we are passing on to our children, not to picking cotton or the abuse of slaves in the American south. Seeing that there are currently an estimated 2.9 million slaves in China maybe her analogy is apt either way.

As a sidenote, Thomas Thistlewood, the sadistic sociopath cited by Bashir, was a Brit who lived in Jamaica. Slavery had a long history in the British Isles, dating back to pre-Roman times. It's an unfortunate part of all human history and continues to this day in many countries.

http://dawn.com/news/1050133/india-paki ... rld-report

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Alec has been taken to the curb in a large Hefty bag...

Report: Alec Baldwin fired from MSNBC

Maybe this is what he meant when he said he wasn't sure if his MSNBC show would ever come back.

Alec Baldwin has been fired by MSNBC, reports Page Six, citing "sources." His weekly show, Up Late With Alec Baldwin, was originally pulled off the air for two weeks following an incident in which Baldwin fired a homophobic slur at a photographer.

"The decision has been made. He's gone," an insider at the cable channel tells Page Six. "The (parent company) Comcast guys have decided. Word is spreading through the building."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peop ... c/3757697/

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Showing that MSNBC holds its hosts -- even its celebrity hosts -- to a much higher standard than FOX holds its own "news" personnel.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Showing that MSNBC holds its hosts -- even its celebrity hosts -- to a much higher standard than FOX holds its own "news" personnel.

So why is Martin Bashir still there?

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:50 pm

I don't get the firing of Baldwin. Are we really at the point where calling somebody a cocksucker when off-duty is a firing offense?

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:59 am

When are celebrities off duty?

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:37 am

Search found 66 matches: cocksucker

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:56 am

My ears are burning.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 am

Huckleby wrote:I don't get the firing of Baldwin. Are we really at the point where calling somebody a cocksucker when off-duty is a firing offense?

If the photographer is heterosexual then the accusation is a lie, so maybe he was fired for lying?

It would also help to explain why Bashir still has a job: he did not lie.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 am

I remember back to the good ol' days of Republicans' absolute respect for the freedom of speech. Rodeo clowns could dress up like the President, twiddle their big negro lips and exhort the crowd to encourage a bull to run the President over. Of course, Rich would never support such juvenile behavior but he would defend to the death that man's right to free expression.

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:12 am

pjbogart wrote:I remember back to the good ol' days of Republicans' absolute respect for the freedom of speech. Rodeo clowns could dress up like the President, twiddle their big negro lips and exhort the crowd to encourage a bull to run the President over. Of course, Rich would never support such juvenile behavior but he would defend to the death that man's right to free expression.

One could enter into a disquisition on the difference between a news network that wishes to be taken seriously and a rodeo clown but that might go over the heads of your whack whackers.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:15 am

pjbogart wrote:I remember back to the good ol' days of Republicans' absolute respect for the freedom of speech. Rodeo clowns could dress up like the President, twiddle their big negro lips and exhort the crowd to encourage a bull to run the President over. Of course, Rich would never support such juvenile behavior but he would defend to the death that man's right to free expression.

I understand the comparison with rodeo clowns but MSNBC hosts work with the other end of the bull.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 am

David Blaska wrote:

One could enter into a disquisition on the difference between a news network that wishes to be taken seriously and a rodeo clown but that might go over the heads of your whack whackers.

Yeah, it flies right over mine. I thought I understood the difference between "news" and "comedy" till I watched Fox News. And the way I understood it, both comedians and newscasters are bound by the same set of laws.

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:21 am

rabble wrote:... I thought I understood the difference between "news" and "comedy" till I watched Fox News. And the way I understood it, both comedians and newscasters are bound by the same set of laws.

A law was broken? Please cite.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:24 am

David Blaska wrote:
rabble wrote:... I thought I understood the difference between "news" and "comedy" till I watched Fox News. And the way I understood it, both comedians and newscasters are bound by the same set of laws.

A law was broken? Please cite.

Oh, okay. No laws broken?

No problem, no harm done. Never mind.

Return to “National Politics & Government”