Most heartbreaking election

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Which presidential election result did you take the hardest?

72 Nixon McGovern
No votes
76 Carter Ford
No votes
80 Reagan Carter
4%
84 Reagan Mondale
8%
88 Bush Dukakis
No votes
92 Clinton Bush
8%
96 Clinton Dole
No votes
Y2K Bush Gore
46%
04 Bush Kerry
17%
08 Obama McCain
17%

Total votes: 24

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Most heartbreaking election

Postby Bland » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 am

Huckleby wrote:I don't care what "sock puppet" means, it sounds like some stupid internet insult that doesn't interest me.
Of course you don't care. Why would you want to understand what other people are talking about? You already know everything important anyway.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:29 am

Bland wrote: If you want to know who is doing the bulk of the fighting on this thread I suggest you look at your own posts.

I am responding to crap from cowards who pile-on with insults in a flame war. I do not relish being attacked, or having this sort of argument.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 am

Bland wrote:Of course you don't care. Why would you want to understand what other people are talking about? You already know everything important anyway.

My disinterest in "sock puppets" is not indicative of a disinterest in others opinions.

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 am

I'm not sure I've ever found incessant whining and self-pity so flabbergastingly entertaining.

I've figured out Huck's true identity. He's none other than Nathan Thurm.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:03 am

The problem with your comparison there is that Nathan never admits he made a mistake, and I readily acknowledged my misstep. The bizarre behavior was your petty, childish attempt to make a federal case out of a tiny incident, a fart in the wind.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 am

I am amused at Huck's ability to prolong a fart.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:10 am

well, a little more than a fart, there may have been some staining.

I have no wish to prolong, as long as the unfair accusations keep coming, I keep answering.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 am

Huckleby wrote:I have no wish to prolong, as long as the unfair accusations keep coming, I keep answering.

Hence, prolonging the whole thing. Other people might want to just let the whole thing drop and move on. But not you. As long as anybody's trying to keep your fuckup in the spotlight, you're happy to help.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:31 am

rabble wrote:Hence, prolonging the whole thing. Other people might want to just let the whole thing drop and move on. But not you. As long as anybody's trying to keep your fuckup in the spotlight, you're happy to help.

Now you are weighing-in to make insults and prolong, while complaining about prolonging.

Nobody wants their mistakes in the spotlight. I am not the one who made a federal case out of a tiny incident.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:37 am

It wasn't in the poll, but I would have to say that Zachary Taylor's win over Martin Van Buren was devastating. How a Whig party candidate beat out the Free Soil party is beyond me. I don't think our country has been the same since.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 am

Huckleby wrote:
rabble wrote:Hence, prolonging the whole thing. Other people might want to just let the whole thing drop and move on. But not you. As long as anybody's trying to keep your fuckup in the spotlight, you're happy to help.

Now you are weighing-in to make insults and prolong, while complaining about prolonging.

Nobody wants their mistakes in the spotlight. I am not the one who made a federal case out of a tiny incident.

You misunderstand. I'm fine with having your fuckup stay front and center. I'm okay with prolonging this. I'm at a loss why YOU want to give it longer legs, but hey. Your choice.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 am

rabble wrote:You misunderstand. I'm fine with having your fuckup stay front and center. I'm okay with prolonging this. I'm at a loss why YOU want to give it longer legs, but hey. Your choice.

Yes, I know you enjoy prolonging it. Notice that very few people commented at all on this small incident, that's because most people are mature. It is the same handful of petty jackals, of which you are one of the more zealous, who relish a festival of personal cheap shots.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 am

Huckleby wrote: It is the same handful of petty jackals, of which you are one of the more zealous, who relish a festival of personal cheap shots.

Thanks again Huck. I do so love a good laugh.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:16 am

Huckleby wrote:
rabble wrote:You misunderstand. I'm fine with having your fuckup stay front and center. I'm okay with prolonging this. I'm at a loss why YOU want to give it longer legs, but hey. Your choice.

Yes, I know you enjoy prolonging it. Notice that very few people commented at all on this small incident, that's because most people are mature. It is the same handful of petty jackals, of which you are one of the more zealous, who relish a festival of personal cheap shots.

Damn. I feel chastened. It's almost as if I made a poor and tasteless joke about mass murder or something.

But I haven't been punished enough. You better beat me up some more.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 am

rabble wrote: I made a poor and tasteless joke about mass murder or something.

I take issue with this. The joke was tasteless to some, but it wasn't so poor. I give it a C-. It wasn't meant as a hah-hah joke, it was a colorful illustration, and I think there is something to build on here for future attempts. Accent the positive, I say.

ps. Where do you stand on Ed Gein jokes? Do you run from the room screaming BLOODY MASS MURDER!

Return to “National Politics & Government”