Impressions of the Debate

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Impressions of the Debate

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Very strong Romney close.

Same old same old from Barry.

Red Bob stayed out of it, for the most part.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Stebben84 wrote:
pjbogart wrote:That wasn't even a debate. It was like watching Morgan Freeman give Frasier a swirley.

It was a lot of agreeing. I thought Romney played it safe and didn't attack as much as he could have. The question dodging was quite amusing. It shows that the economy is going to be the selling point in this election.

Stebben, I'm not sure if you're a glutton for punishment, but I absolutely love listening to what the wingnuts are saying. This includes listening to Rush Limbaugh, watching clips from FoxNews, reading goofball websites, etc. It's like 24-7 Libya. The attack in Benghazi is Obama's Watergate. The reason our resident right wingers can't seem to shut up about Benghazi is because all of their idols can't shut up about Benghazi.

Romney finally bit his lip. He showed no energy at all except when he got into his time machine and traveled back to previous debates about the economy. Hopefully this tells dolts like Sandi and Meade that they've already got all the retards on their side and they don't need to keep appealing to them. But don't count on it. Republicans are going to be furious about Romney's failure to hit Obama on Benghazi. Obama won the debate because Romney didn't show up. In my opinion, it's because he couldn't.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Missing from the debate was any discussion of climate change. Crowley claims she wanted to ask a question about that, but didn't have time.

Wasn't missing, it is a non-issue. Even if it was, there is little to be done about it ( effectively ) without spending trillions more.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Very strong Romney close.

Ned translated: Romney got a swirley.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Very strong Romney close.

Ugh, I thought it kinda sucked. Not saying Barry* did much better cause they're all just contrived campaign speeches.

pjbogart wrote: Republicans are going to be furious about Romney's failure to hit Obama on Benghazi. Obama won the debate because Romney didn't show up. In my opinion, it's because he couldn't.

I'm sure I'll read about it. :shock:
*That was a special shout out to one of our top ten forons

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Sandi wrote:
Missing from the debate was any discussion of climate change. Crowley claims she wanted to ask a question about that, but didn't have time.

Wasn't missing, it is a non-issue.

Says no credible scientist ever.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Looking over the fact checkers early returns, one silly gaffe I heard but didn't really catch was Romney claiming that Syria was Iran's "route to the sea". Yeah, but Iran actually has a coast on the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean but Iraq sits smack-dab between the two countries, so I'm really not sure what in the fuck he meant.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Obama won the debate but Romney won the politics. Romney played it cool while still being engaged, and he re-enforced the presidential timber that he established in the first debate that switched momentum in his direction. Romney keeps the mo.

I am very worried about this election.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:07 pm

BTW, why the F do you have the debate at the same time as the 7th game of a baseball championship, and a good Monday Night Football game?

I can't believe that many undecided voters were informed enough to follow much of the swirling and confusing substance of that debate.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Huckleby wrote:Obama won the debate but Romney won the politics.

I think this is the nature of foreign policy debates. Most people really don't care. It's not bread and butter issues unless it happens at home or directly affects them. Romney took a play out of the Bush playbook using the term "bad guys" and trying to seem like more of the average guy fighting the bad people out there.

I personally don't buy into that, but a lot of other people do.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Our president performed very cleanly. I desperately tried to see Romney in the same light. I did not. The post debate hokum does not sway my opinion. To bad for me, as appearently it works for much of the populi.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Mad Howler wrote:Our president performed very cleanly.

I'm not surprised.

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that's a storybook, man.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Huckleby wrote:
Mad Howler wrote:Our president performed very cleanly.

I'm not surprised.

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that's a storybook, man.

My my Huck,
I think that you are engaged in hokum in the sense that Samuel C. meant it. Well done.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/23/cbs_sna ... singleton/
CBS snap poll Obama 53 Romney 23 (but only 523 sampled)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... he-debate/
CNN poll Obama 48 Romney 40

Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby Slick Willy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:21 am

Huckleby wrote:Obama won the debate but Romney won the politics.

Romney has played the political game very well. He deserves credit for that even if he isn't getting my vote. Undecided women voters don't care who won this last debate. Romney was in attack mode at the right time and in safe/likeable mode at the right time. Obama was just trying to keep up with the popularity contest. He should have switched his persona from tonight with the Obama from the first debate.

Return to “National Politics & Government”