So long, Joe

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: So long, Joe

Postby pjbogart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 am

Well, at least now we know where John Henry gets all of his solid information.

amused2death

Postby amused2death » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:58 am

Just curious. Where do you get your information from pj?

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:30 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/2 ... 10136.html

UPDATE: 12:56 p.m. -- Newsweek did not fact-check Ferguson's cover story, according to Dylan Byers, a media reporter at Politico. Byers wrote on Twitter that a Newsweek spokesman said the magazine does not have a fact-checking department, and that "we, like other news organisations today, rely on our writers to submit factually accurate material."

UPDATE: 1:25 p.m. -- Matt O'Brien, associate business editor at The Atlantic, wrote a stinging blog post fact-checking Ferguson's cover story, writing that "we got an exercise in Ferguson's specialty -- counterfactual history." Head over to The Atlantic for the full fact-check.

I can't believe Newsweek doesn't fact check. So you can pretty much write what you want. People see it then believe it. It might get corrected, but the misinformation is out there. Our media sucks.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:42 pm

wack wack wrote:Your desperation is showing, John Henry. It's beautiful.

I am getting desparate, I am the first to admit it.

I want Obama to win a second term to keep Romney out.

Obama is just not cooperating. He is acting more like he is trying to lose. I find it very irksome.

What about you, don't you want him to win? Don't all his and Biden's screwups annoy you?

This is the first election where Obama has been seriously opposed (perhaps excepting the 2008 primary. Perhaps) He is showing us that he just can't handle the workload.

John Henry

John Henry

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:51 pm

amused2death wrote:Just curious. Where do you get your information from pj?

I have a special TV that's programmed to change to FoxNews whenever "Ow! My Balls!" isn't on.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
wack wack wrote:Your desperation is showing, John Henry. It's beautiful.

I am getting desparate, I am the first to admit it.

I want Obama to win a second term to keep Romney out.

Obama is just not cooperating. He is acting more like he is trying to lose. I find it very irksome.

What about you, don't you want him to win? Don't all his and Biden's screwups annoy you?

This is the first election where Obama has been seriously opposed (perhaps excepting the 2008 primary. Perhaps) He is showing us that he just can't handle the workload.

John Henry

John Henry

Baloney. That's being kind. I don't believe for a second that you want Obama to win. Your "woe is us, we're all doomed" schtick is akin to a drunk Obi Wan... "these are not the droids you're... <hiccup> looking for." The desperation I sense in you comes from a failure to convince others that Obama is getting run over. He's not, not even close.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 am

wack wack wrote:Baloney. That's being kind. I don't believe for a second that you want Obama to win.

I've written hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions, of words on politics in a variety of online fora over the past 23 years. Much of it is probably still available if you poke around a bit. You can start here with postings going back to 1998: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NIOT/

Very little of it has been kind to the Repos. Or Demmies for that matter. I think you will find my desire for Obama to win to be generally consistent with all I've written.

It is not enough to trim away some of the jungle as some (not me) think Romney/Ryan might do. We need to clear cut it, burn the cuttings, then douse the ashes with Agent Orange before burying them. Maybe even drive in some oak stakes for good measure :) . Then perhaps we can get back to the Constitution.

Obama has riled people up to the point we are getting close to a movement to do this. The Tea Party is a pretty good start but we need to take it to the next step. We can't stop now. That is why it is so important Obama win. That is why I am disappointed that he is dropping the ball.

Just to be clear, we need to do this via the electoral system, not any extralegal or violent means. I have never advocated anything other than peaceful, democratic revolution to take place at the ballot box.

wack wack wrote:failure to convince others that Obama is getting run over. He's not, not even close.

OK, I've posted reasons why I think he is getting run over.

For example, just this morning I saw a poll that he will not even carry Cook County. And not margin of error. I think Romney was 7-8 points ahead. It's only a single poll but we will likely see more confirming or refuting it in coming weeks.

You just keep asserting that he is not. How about give some reasons why you think he will win.

Give me a bit of hope.

Please?

John Henry

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 am

is this the Cook County poll you saw, John Henry?

http://chicagoist.com/2012/08/21/despite_shock_poll_obama_probably_w.php

If so, please explain how your assessment is that Obama "will not even carry Cook County."

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:32 am

I hate to sound all TDPF cliche but I believe our friend from Peurto Rico to be Sheppy. If not Sheppy then at least as phony as any Sheppy creation. Nothing about this character is honest, well maybe his admiration of former half-Governor Palin.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:I've written hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions, of words on politics in a variety of online fora over the past 23 years.

Great effort there! Keep going--maybe someday you'll actually make sense.

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:56 am

fisticuffs wrote:I hate to sound all TDPF cliche but I believe our friend from Peurto Rico to be Sheppy. If not Sheppy then at least as phony as any Sheppy creation.

No, I'm Sheppy.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 am

Stebben84 wrote:People see it then believe it. It might get corrected, but the misinformation is out there. Our media sucks.

I suspect that many more people will see the cover than read the story. Drudge had the cover with the teaser "Newsweek goes mad" running all day yesterday and he gets about 35 million views a day.

The big news is not whatever Ferguson said in the article. The news is that Newsweek thinks that Obama should withdraw and says so as boldly and as publicly as they do on the cover.

John Henry

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:09 am

fisticuffs wrote:I hate to sound all TDPF cliche but I believe our friend from Peurto Rico to be Sheppy.

And who might Sheppy be?

In any event, I am not them.

I am really John Henry and in 23 years have never posted without clearly identifying myself. You can find plenty of pictures of me on the web, address, phone, email and anything else you might want to know.

Give me a call at 787-550-9650 if you need confirmation.

This accusation of an alias is rather bizarre from someone who is afraid to post under their own name. What are you afraid/ashamed of?

John Henry

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:12 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
The big news is not whatever Ferguson said in the article. The news is that Newsweek thinks that Obama should withdraw and says so as boldly and as publicly as they do on the cover.

John Henry

Since when is it news that "Newsweek" is intellectually bankrupt and just looking to create controversy to try and shore up its operations?

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:I hate to sound all TDPF cliche but I believe our friend from Peurto Rico to be Sheppy.

And who might Sheppy be?

In any event, I am not them.

I am really John Henry and in 23 years have never posted without clearly identifying myself. You can find plenty of pictures of me on the web, address, phone, email and anything else you might want to know.

Give me a call at 787-550-9650 if you need confirmation.

This accusation of an alias is rather bizarre from someone who is afraid to post under their own name. What are you afraid/ashamed of?

John Henry

Why does Privatlee think you are in Dubuque, IA?

Return to “National Politics & Government”