Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6500
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:43 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:BTW: Bachman's letter does not mention Huma Abedin by name. I think we might be able to infer it is about her but it does not mention her name.

John Henry


Huh. What's this?

Bachmann's letter, signed by Bachmann, specifically mentioning Huma Abedin by name

For all of your eloquence, John Henry, you're either a moron or a liar... and I suspect the latter.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby Detritus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe JFH has just beaten Cornbread for the most successive posts in a single thread. You might look up what Terry Pratchett has to say about people who use multiple exclamation points. I believe this is a parallel case.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6500
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 pm

That's an interesting point, detritus, but I've been known to wear underwear on my head from time to time too. More importantly, John's inane attempts to belittle posters with purposely confusing references have been coupled with his flat-out lies. He didn't suggest that perhaps Michele Bachmann had been misunderstood, he stated it as a fact, stemming from specific knowledge that she had not mentioned Huma Abedin by name. While it's possible that a well-read intellectual such as John Henry might have become bored after the first paragraph and substituted his beliefs for facts, it seems far more likely that John Henry is a liar, substituting fiction for truth wherever it suits him.

I'd be fairly certain that Mr. Henry washed up on our shore via Althouse's blog, given that restaurant reviews from Madison would be unlikely to concern a man sipping spiked horchata in a Puerto Rican bungalow. And as we've learned from Althouse.org denizens, the ability to write coherently makes you neither intelligent nor truthful. In fact, the trend seems to suggest the complete opposite.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby Detritus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:32 pm

pjbogart wrote:That's an interesting point, detritus, but I've been known to wear underwear on my head from time to time too.

As long as it isn't your own, I have no problem with that.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1695
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby johnfajardohenry » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 am

pjbogart wrote:John Henry


Huh. What's this?

Bachmann's letter, signed by Bachmann, specifically mentioning Huma Abedin by name

Mea Culpa.

Bachmann has 6 letters calling for investigation of the Muslim Brotherhood on her site.

Letter to Charles K. Edwards, Acting Inspector General of the Department of Homeland Security

Letter to Ambassador Harold W. Geisel, Deputy Inspector General of the Department of State

Letter to Hon. I. Charles McCullough III, Inspector General of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence

Letter to Lynne M. Halbrooks, Acting Inspector General of the Department of Defense

Letter to Michael E. Horowitz, Inspector General of the Department of Justice

Letter to John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counter-terrorism

Plus a letter to rep Keith Ellison.

I looked briefly at all of them, thought they were much the same. I was mistaken in that. Just looked at them more closely and find that the one to Geisel does mention Huma Abedin as you say.

I did not find the Abedin name in any of the others.

I did not read the one to Ellison last night. She mentions Abedin there, too.

So mea culpa again.

John Henry

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21177
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:19 am

Detritus wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe JFH has just beaten Cornbread for the most successive posts in a single thread.

OCD.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby Detritus » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Detritus wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe JFH has just beaten Cornbread for the most successive posts in a single thread.

OCD.

On the other hand, he also responded to your criticism by checking all of the letters, found he had been wrong, and admitted he was wrong. Unlike the overuse of exclamation points, reviewing, checking, and admitting mistakes are not signs of a diseased mind--so I apologize to you, John Henry, for the flip insult.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3146
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby DCB » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Detritus wrote:On the other hand, he also responded to your criticism by checking all of the letters, found he had been wrong, and admitted he was wrong.

Well, that's something.

Bachmann, however, continues to shamelessly make shit up.

On the plus side, she's so far gone that only Beck is willing to give her audience.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1554
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby david cohen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Have you ever been WITH a Muslim? I have...they sure can kegel better than Ricans! lol....as absurd as the OP!

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby snoqueen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:10 pm

You forgot to add three or four smiley faces and say something about leftists.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6500
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby pjbogart » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Detritus wrote:On the other hand, he also responded to your criticism by checking all of the letters, found he had been wrong, and admitted he was wrong. Unlike the overuse of exclamation points, reviewing, checking, and admitting mistakes are not signs of a diseased mind--so I apologize to you, John Henry, for the flip insult.


My insult stands. I'm not convinced that it was an oversight by John Henry, especially considering that he was more than happy to entertain vicious attacks on Huma Abedin, praise Michele Bachmann and Joe McCarthy for their hard work and then apologize when one of his facts turned out to be demonstrably false. John Henry didn't apologize for suggesting that Joe McCarthy was a freedom loving patriot, he apologized for mistakenly posting that Huma Abedin was not mentioned by name in Bachmann's letter.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for the kind of nitwit that repeats the garbage he hears on Rush Limbaugh or reads on Newsmax, but John Henry is presumably smart enough to know fact from fiction. If he chooses to bury himself in the fiction, he shares in the blame for being wrong. He isn't the victim of trickery, he's a willing consumer.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby Detritus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:10 pm

pjbogart wrote:
Detritus wrote:On the other hand, he also responded to your criticism by checking all of the letters, found he had been wrong, and admitted he was wrong. Unlike the overuse of exclamation points, reviewing, checking, and admitting mistakes are not signs of a diseased mind--so I apologize to you, John Henry, for the flip insult.


My insult stands.

I'm not about to suggest that you should apologize. I'm just saying he doesn't reach the status of diseased mind--that would be Cornbread, currently.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6500
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby pjbogart » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Cornbread is just a very persistent practical joke. Whether he's a sockpuppet or not is pretty much irrelevant. Whoever he is, he sits at his computer thinking of what he can say that will make you the most angry. It's not about politics, it's about slapping four moronicons on the end of a sentence and giggling about how mad it makes you. I'm not sure why Jason is tolerating him so long, perhaps to emphasize his moderate moderation, but he isn't doing any favors to TDPF by dumbing down the conversation.

I used to click on his posts once in a while out of curiosity, but I don't even do that anymore. On the internet, things you don't read don't actually exist.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1695
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:43 pm

pjbogart wrote:especially considering that he was more than happy to entertain vicious attacks on Huma Abedin, praise Michele Bachmann and Joe McCarthy for their hard work


I don't recall praising Bachmann for hard work. Can you point out where? I said that investigating potential security risks, which Huma would seem to be on facts (Citizenship, money and the other facts I mentioned) is a legitimate function of a representative.

For all your moaning about McCarthy, you really seem to know very little about him and what he did. Aren't you the one who didn't even know he was not on the HCUA?

Which people did he accuse that did not later, much later unfortunately but finally, turn out to be guilty? Got any names?

Or perhaps you could explain why investigate potential problems is not a question for the Senate to investigate?

What did McCarthy do that you think was so wrong?

I fully agree and said in several notes, that the HCUA was a shameful 30 years of American History. They were not investigating govt employees for security, either. So don't muddle the two

pjbogart wrote:Huma Abedin was not mentioned by name in Bachmann's letter.
[/quote]

You keep talking about a single letter as if there were only one. There were 6, not 1. Only 1 mentioned Abedin by name. Though, as I originally said, we might be able to infer her in the other 5. Maybe.

John Henry

23:48 edited to clarify that I was quoting pjbogart not Detritus.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6500
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby pjbogart » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:24 pm

You really need to learn how to use the quotation functions, Mr. Henry. I don't appreciate having your goofy political theories ascribed to me.

Joe McCarthy is a black eye on our nation and the fact that you differentiate between the groups that investigated communist infiltration in our government, business and entertainment industries is more akin to winning a game of trivial pursuit than it is to establishing any profound intellectual point. It was HUAC. Everyone understands it to be HUAC. If you want to have a conversation about anti-America hysteria and someone mentions HUAC, pointing out the trivial discrepancies between historical fact and historical understanding is akin to pointing out that Charles Manson never actually cut anyone's throat. Take your yellow pie piece and shut up, already.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is a huge difference between knowledge, intelligence and morality. The possession of one does not automatically confer upon you the possession of the other two. Joe McCarthy was a real douchebag. He embarrassed himself, his country, his party and his State (that would be Wisconsin, pass me a yellow pie piece). Your method of defending McCarthy, and by extension McCarthyism and Michele Bachmann, suggests that you're full of knowledge but lacking in either intelligence, morality or both.

PS, thank you for the edit.


Return to “National Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DCB and 7 guests