Condi for Veep?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8533
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby Huckleby » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Cornbread wrote: Aren't you that racist leftist pig that calls white people a racist pejorative?
I missed your interesting comment earlier, lets deconstruct your wound:

"Cracker" started as a non-insulting name for white, southern farmers, but now is used perjoratively as "white bigot." Is "cracker" like "nigger", a word with an ugly history? No. I will continue to use the word. Personally, I would like to liberate every word from the do-not-use list. I avoid "nigger" out of politeness and self-preservation, and I barely restrain myself from calling Ducatista a "cunt." I've never called you a "cracker", will avoid doing so now that I know you resent it, but will feel free to call you a "cunt."

An argument from the conservative side is that our country's health statistics are skewed by minority misbehavior. There is a statistical argument to be made that is not necessarily racist. But I think there is a large amount of racism inherent here, part of the emotional pull of that argument is that we don't really have to care so much about the dark-skinned others. They aren't really Americans, they aren't us. I am 100% comfortable calling the people making this argument crackers, a.k.a. white bigots.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1725
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:[
Um ... continue to kick Mitt "I'm Nailing My Coffin Shut By Refusing to Release More Than One Year's Tax Return" Romney's ass?

p.s. If you think African Americans are going to desert Obama just because Biden showed up at the NAACP, you are one thick cracker, Jack.


Aaaaaand another racist self-identifies. Like PJ, Mean Scenester seems to have no self-consciousness or shame about her racism either.

But to the meat of her note:

How is Obama kicking Romney's ass? They seem pretty even. Obama is a sitting president and Romney is not even candidate yet and even is the best he can do? Some ass. Some kicking.

As for blacks not voting for Obama because Biden showed up at NAACP, I agree that won't lose many black votes. What will lose black votes is that Obama could not find the time to drop in on a group of major supporters but could find time to speak in a HS gym the day before and a community college the day after? What was he doing during the convention, washing his hair?

Seems like a major diss to me. Seemed like a major diss to some of the attendees who were quoted in the papers.

Perhaps not enough to make them vote Romney. Certainly enough to make more than a few blacks stay home in November. Especially when you've got well known and respected people like Morgan Freeman saying that "Obama is not a black president" because he is not black.

Romney showed up and got a respectful hearing, even if he did get booed when talking about Obamtax. I suspect that he might have even peeled off a vote or two.

The only reason I can see for Obama giving it a pass is fear. Fear that he would not be 100% accepted as the lightgiver. Fear that he would be criticized for his equating gay rights with black civil rights. That does not go down at all well in the black community. Never has, probably never will. His support for gay marriage, regardless of what one might think of it, also turned off a lot of blacks.

John Henry

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1725
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Huckleby wrote:"Cracker" started as a non-insulting name for white,


<Much blather snipped>

We could consult the Book of Knowledge:

"Cracker, sometimes white cracker, is a racial slur for white people,[1] poor and Southern whites especially."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_%28pejorative%29

Or the Urban dictionary:

Originally the white slave driver because he would "crack" the whip, hence the noun cracker.

Or Dictionary.com
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a poor white person living in some rural parts of the southeastern U.S.


So as a really deep southerner (about 6 degrees south of Key West), to have that term applied to me feels pretty racist.

I think Cornbread has you pegged, Huck.

John Henry

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8533
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby Huckleby » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:59 pm

John Henry, I already said that "cracker" is a perjorative word, but thanks for specifics. I did not call you or corncracker a "cracker". I mean cornbread - sorry, won't happen again.

BTW, if I had called cornbread a "cracker" how would that be any worse than calling him a "white bigot"? How is it worse than you or cornbread calling me a "liberal racist"?

I refuse to completely give-up one more word to correctness. I stand by my assertion that right-wingers who think dismal health statistics among minorities is not a problem are crackers. Calling them racists works interchangably, but I like the crunchy sound of "cracker."

cracker cracker cracker cracker cracker! Polly want a cracker!

cornbread crack corn, and I don't care
cornbread crack corn, and I don't care

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby Mean Scenester » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:45 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:Aaaaaand another racist self-identifies. Like PJ, Mean Scenester seems to have no self-consciousness or shame about her racism either.

What-fucking-ever, d-bag. I'm so sick of this tired jab, I could puke up my spleen.

Two points of clarification: I'm male and, despite some Mexican heritage, white for all intents and purposes. As such, I've gotten a lot of breaks in life and have little tolerance for whiny white folk who are either poor and too stupid to realize they're voting against their best interests by supporting the GOP or rich and so out-of-touch that they actually have the audacity to piss and moan and play the put-upon card when it's suggested that they pay the same share of taxes the rest of us get saddled with.

You telling me I'm racist for using the term "cracker" would be like me calling an African American racist for using the n-word. Yeah, that term makes me bristle, but it's not my place to cast such aspersions under such a circumstance.

But hey, if you get off on calling out racism where it doesn't exist, knock yourself out, pal. But telling a white guy he's prejudiced against his own race is about as fucking dumb as it gets around here and as far as I'm concerned you can go blow yourself till your dick is gangrenous.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3511
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby jman111 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 am

Wow. It's almost as if JH was just looking to attach the "racist" label to someone. Like he was chumming the waters, hoping to find something upon which to base just such an accusation. I wonder how we could have possibly seen that coming?

Oh wait, there was this:
johnfajardohenry wrote:I wonder how long it will be before one of the racists here calls her an affirmative action pick?

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1725
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 am

Huckleby wrote:BTW, if I had called cornbread a "cracker" how would that be any worse than calling him a "white bigot"?


Huck, if I knew who you were I would send you a shovel. You are going to wear that one out digging yourself in deeper and deeper. Your writing seems somewhat muddled, to put it kindly. Probably because your thinking is muddled.

Some, though not me, would say that "white bigot" is redundant as only whites can be bigots. I would have thought you might be one of those. Can non-whites be bigots in your opinion?

But to get to the real meat, what does race have to do with your point? Why bring up "white" at all? (Is Cornbread white? Am I?) Seems to me that you are obsessing on race. Isn't that pretty much the definition of "racist"?

Huckleby wrote:
How is it worse than you or cornbread calling me a "liberal racist"?


Did Cornbread call you a liberal? I certainly didn't and never would. I do not believe that you are a liberal. I think you may be progressive but I use the word liberal properly and would not apply it to you.

"Racist"? I think you have demonstrated that. So it seems to be factually correct.

Huckleby wrote:I stand by my assertion that right-wingers who think dismal health statistics among minorities is not a problem are crackers.


Have I ever said that dismal health statistics, among everyone (there goes your focus on race again) is not a problem. Including, since you insist, among some minorities. Doesn't seem to be a problem among Chinese-Americans, Indian-Americans and some other minorities, does it?

I also think that we have serious problems generally with the way healthcare is delivered and paid for in this country. We disagree about the best way to fix it. You think Obamatax is the best way. I think you are wrong, I think it will make blacks, for example, worse off overall.

You think I am wrong so rather than argue the merits of Obamatax or ask me what my alternative is you call me a "racist".

Huckleby wrote:Calling them racists works interchangably, but I like the crunchy sound of "cracker.

cracker cracker cracker cracker cracker! Polly want a cracker!


How old are you Huck? About 15? Name calling is a great debating tactic. It shows that you have run completely out of logic, reason, arguments, facts and for that matter, chewing gum.

Maybe when you get a little life experience it will be appropriate for you to come hang out with grownups.

Not now, it seems.

John Henry

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8533
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby Huckleby » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:35 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Huckleby wrote:BTW, if I had called cornbread a "cracker" how would that be any worse than calling him a "white bigot"?


Huck, if I knew who you were I would send you a shovel. You are going to wear that one out digging yourself in deeper and deeper. Your writing seems somewhat muddled, to put it kindly. Probably because your thinking is muddled.

Some, though not me, would say that "white bigot" is redundant as only whites can be bigots. I would have thought you might be one of those. Can non-whites be bigots in your opinion?

Why are you unwilling or incapable of answering a simple, straight-forward question?
"white bigot" is a rough equivalent to "cracker" in meaning.

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Huckleby wrote:How is it worse than you or cornbread calling me a "liberal racist"?
Did Cornbread call you a liberal? I certainly didn't and never would. I do not believe that you are a liberal.

I was called a "liberal racist." the horror! Again, focus, try and respond to a simple question. How would calling someone a "cracker" be worse than calling someone a "liberal racist"?


johnfajardohenry wrote:
Huckleby wrote:I stand by my assertion that right-wingers who think dismal health statistics among minorities is not a problem are crackers.
Have I ever said that dismal health statistics, among everyone (there goes your focus on race again) is not a problem.

I never suggested you or cornbread said a word on this topic.
I never called you or cornbread a "cracker." If the shoe fits, wear it. The only personally-directed name calling was done by Cornbread.

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Huckleby wrote:Calling them racists works interchangably, but I like the crunchy sound of "cracker.

cracker cracker cracker cracker cracker! Polly want a cracker!


How old are you Huck? About 15? Name calling is a great debating tactic.

Clue: That was not name-calling.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3511
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby jman111 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:48 am

Nope, ol' JH didn't want to talk about race. Only those damn racist forons wanted to bring race into the discussion, right?

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby Mean Scenester » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:02 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:How old are you Huck? About 15? Name calling is a great debating tactic. It shows that you have run completely out of logic, reason, arguments, facts and for that matter, chewing gum.

Says the guy handing out the "racist" name tags on piss-thin evidence.

Christ, the irony here is so thick it could stop a speeding bullet.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3218
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby wack wack » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:
johnfajardohenry wrote:How old are you Huck? About 15? Name calling is a great debating tactic. It shows that you have run completely out of logic, reason, arguments, facts and for that matter, chewing gum.

Says the guy handing out the "racist" name tags on piss-thin evidence.

Christ, the irony here is so thick it could stop a speeding bullet.


No doubt... insulting Huck, then whining about insults in the rest of the paragraph makes this priceless. Hope it makes print this week.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8533
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby Huckleby » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm

BTW, I was only repeating "cracker" to triumphantly stake claim to use of the word, sort of a joke. I can see how somebody thought it was name-calling, but not my intent.


Return to “National Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests