Condi for Veep?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Condi for Veep?

Postby johnfajardohenry » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:31 am

The great mentioner is now mentioning Condi Rice as Romney's pick for VP.

I wonder how long it will be before one of the racists here calls her an affirmative action pick?

Me, I like Condi, I think she is extremely accomplished and competent and would be a good VP. Or even Prez. Probably not enough to get me to support the Romney ticket but she is very attractive as a candidate.

I rather doubt it will happen, though. Not least because team Romney is denying that she is under consideration and she has said previously that she has no interest in political office.

John Henry

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Condi for Veep?

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:01 am

I'll give you that Rice is much more qualified than a certain former Alaska governor (whom some people still support).

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 am

Willard Mittington wouldn't pick anyone with that much Bush stank on them. I also question how competent she is. Foreign policy during the Bush years has more than a few blotches on it.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:I wonder how long it will be before one of the racists here ...

According to the 9:01 am time stamp, it took exactly two and one half hours.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 am

Nate Silver is reporting a rumor that the Romney camp is courting Tebow. For what that's worth.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:16 am

Rice is pro-choice and supports affirmative action. How will that play with the Republican base?

It is obvious from his last post that Meade has no idea what racism means.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Rice is pro-choice and supports affirmative action. How will that play with the Republican base?

This point was just raised in a piece in the Atlantic by Conor Friedersdorf--along with a raft of other political reasons that she would be an unwise choice. All of which convinces me that Romney will pick her....

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:57 am

Henry Vilas wrote:I'll give you that Rice is much more qualified than a certain former Alaska governor (whom some people still support).

Me for one.

I like Condi and she might almost but not quite move me out of the Obama column.

Palin would never run for VP again. Been there, done that, wrote the book.

OTOH, if she were to get the presidential nomination next month (with one of the Pauls as VP?) that would really get my juices going. I might even break my rule about donating money to politicians. It has been 20 years since my last donation (to local governor candidates) might this be the year I break down?

I am still willing to bet cash money that neither Obama or Romney is the candidate in November. I am surprised that there are no sports here on this forum to take me up on either or both.

John Henry

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:03 am

It will be really fun if Condi does get the nod as veep. What will Obama do?

Here we have a successful black woman who has accomplished much in her life in a number of fields.

The most fun will be seeing people question whether she is "really" black. Her credentials there seem pretty well established.

And we are now seeing more and more prominent blacks speaking about whether Obama is really black. Half white, brought up as white, not much connection with the so-called "authentic" black American experience. How much of the black vote would she be able to peel off?

Obama just showed that he doesn't care about the black vote. He thinks he owns it to the extent he does not even need to go to the NAACP convention. He sent Joe "Slow whitebread" Biden instead. Attendees don't seem happy about that.

Sure will be interesting to see all the "hummmma, hummma, humma...." that will go on if she is named.

Pass the popcorn.

John Henry

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:I wonder how long it will be before one of the racists here calls her an affirmative action pick?

I dunno. One way answer that is just ask the racists:
"hey leftists/progressives, what do ya'll think of Condi?"

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:33 pm

fisticuffs wrote:I also question how competent she is.

Good thing you didn't vote for ol both ways barry obama as he had zero record (other than voting "present") and his only business experience was a real estate deal with felon rezko.
You didn't vote for barry obama did you?

Foreign policy during the Bush years has more than a few blotches on it.

Care to elaborate?
Care to compare and contrast with zerobam's?

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:25 pm

I used to hate Condi because she was evasive, defensive, snotty.
But in interviews since she left government, she seems very smart and charming.

I wish the Republican Party had room for Condi as a VP, but she has become an old school Republican. Romney will find a more Tea Party friendly sidekick, maybe Paul Ryan.

Maybe Romney should reach into his contacts from the business world?

This campaign started to get fun this week. Romney's whole premise is that he is a can-do problem solver from the private sector. Whups!

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Huckleby wrote:I used to hate Condi because she was evasive, defensive, snotty.

Aren't you that racist leftist pig that calls white people a racist pejorative?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Rick Santorum does not approve.

Asked if he thought choosing former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice — who describes herself as "pro-choice" — as Romney's vice presidential pick would be a mistake, Santorum thought it would make a Republican victory less likely, "this is non-negotiable for a vice presidential pick."

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:It will be really fun if Condi does get the nod as veep. What will Obama do?

Um ... continue to kick Mitt "I'm Nailing My Coffin Shut By Refusing to Release More Than One Year's Tax Return" Romney's ass?

p.s. If you think African Americans are going to desert Obama just because Biden showed up at the NAACP, you are one thick cracker, Jack.

Return to “National Politics & Government”