"The Secretary" will determine your life

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Re: "The Secretary" will determine your life

Postby Cornbread » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Sorry -- he said "racist pig," not "racist pimp."

Don't fret stu--I use something like that, but along the lines of "pimping race", as in playing the race card to get what one wants, even if it's just to silence others.

Guess I remembered that wrong.

Most people would say, "I guess I was wrong", but pretty third person-esque acknowledgment there. ;)

Still, I think my point holds. Do you think those are acceptable phrases on this board?

Funny, but the kidlets here sure do use the term "cornhole" a lot when addressing me. OK, what's funny about it is you are getting 8 ways of indignant about me sometimes using the term "pig" to accentuate a point, yet you remain silence about directly and repeatedly calling a member here "cornhole".

That's what's funny and that's why normal people have learned not to take you leftists with anything other than a second thought, if even that.

Here, you may be more out of touch than most people dare to speculate, so I'll help you out:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cornhole

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Yeah, I think we're getting pretty close to saying "goodbye" to ol' Cornie.

And my offense was? Calling a black person "racist"?
Stating how racism works in many different directions?
Demonstrating how racism is not one color specific?

Didn't ol eric holder state "To make progress . . . we must feel comfortable enough with one another -- and tolerant enough of each other -- to have frank conversations about the racial matters that continue to divide us.'"

I guess this is yet another example many things:
1. Leftist intolerance (of all things not leftist).
2. Leftist self-imposed isolation.
3. Leftist logic, where definitions are changed, realities are changed in order for their worldview to make sense when interacting with things outside of their closed off little sphere.

Now, back to the your health care goddess regulating vending machines.....

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:02 pm

I think parts of the left are almost as isolated as most of the right, but most of the left lives a fact-based existence and can be convinced that certain ideas that come from the right have some merit. Take, for example, the health insurance mandate, which was not favored by the left, but which President Obama thought was an idea from the right that could get us to nearly universal coverage without upending most of the health insurance industry. The left today is more pragmatic and less ideological than it once was.

Because the left is more pragmatic and fact-based, we aren't interested in answering every hallucination that someone from the right comes up with. If you have real issues with the Affordable Care Act as it is implemented, it's fair to address those so the Act works better. But when you come up with nonsense, we sometimes express our frustration in not so genteel a manner.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Cornbread wrote:
Peanutbutter wrote:Cornbread asks a serious question regarding Obamacare and how it will be ran.

It is always amusing. Reckon that's why I use things like "dunno".....because it's a guar-n-teed to wad up the undergarments of lefties.....all the while I'm making points that are completely lost upon thems edumcated peeples. :lol:

So, now what does this secretary of this (formerly) great nation's health care program have to do with serving sizes in restaurants and vending machines again?

We were droned at that "we need to pass the bill [into law] so we can see what's in it". Well, apparently what's in it is just a few thousand page permission slip for some federal czar/minister/secretary to decide what we can get, what we cannot get, what type of health insurance we will have, and of course, how restaurants are ran, what food they can serve, in what portion sizes.....and of course, vending machines.

My only question is will this czar/minister also regulate what kind of vehicles we are allowed to purchase as we'll be driving them to and from restaurants, places with vending machines, and of course, those large, cold, government health care exchange buildings where we will have to wait and see what we are allowed to have as far as health care.....

So, with you "I dunno" serves as something other than what it means. So, you weren't being honest, and now you are admitting that. No one here can ever trust anything you have to say, when you admit you are dishonest. Congratulations, you are a true modern FOXified conservative.

You think you know these answers, but you really don't. You don't have the facts, so you slip in "I dunno" in order to cover up your ignorance with an attempt to fool us into thinking you do know.

The answer to your supposed question is two or three minutes of mouse clicking away. You prove yourself a fool everytime you pull a stunt like this.

As to the nutritional information, there are draft regulations out on this. If the time for public comment hasn't run, you or anyone else of your may comment. This is a wonderful country that allows for public comment on proposed rules. You don't seem to understand your basic rights, so you make things up. Too bad you have to inflict your ignorance here where it isn't appreciated.

I didn't comment on the proposed rule, but this information will be very helpful to me and many other people I know with health concerns. You don't have to read the information if you don't think it would be helpful to you.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Donald wrote:I think parts of the left are almost as isolated as most of the right,

Pssst! Your bias is showing. :lol:
I underlined it for you to hep ya. Ernest Borgnine just died. Bummer, but Buddy Epson is who I liked the most.
"Ya heppin me boy" :lol:

most of the left lives a fact-based existence

Kewl! So, howya figgure?

can be convinced that certain ideas that come from the right have some merit.

I certainly see that by how many of them put non-leftists on their personal ignore feature, publicly beg others to do the same, ask for banishment of those heretics, etc. Granted, conservatives boards probably do it also, but using madison as an example, there are only two internet boards that I know of and neither have shown much acceptance of things non leftist.

I also have lived the shout downs, bull horns, banishment of the leftist UW of any speaker deemed 'not correct' by the self proclaimed free speech and full rights leftists. You ever been to any of those?

Take, for example, the health insurance mandate, which was not favored by the left, but which President Obama thought was an idea from the right that could get us to nearly universal coverage....

So zerobams is more pragmatic than the ideologues of the left.
That is pretty much a given as zero gave nothing for anyone to latch onto, as far as his policies, his beliefs, heck even who he was. But like he told the union thugs, sieu, we'll get socialized medicine, it just may take a while, maybe 10 years or so.

If ya think about it, it's not too hard how the individual mandate and insurance mandates out of washington can quickly lead to everyone winding up on government health care.

The left today is more pragmatic and less ideological than it once was.

I think 96 was a hint but 2010 taught a new generation of leftists that. Unfortunately, the leaders of the left...aka democrat party....are serious ideologues, so they use the machiavellian ends justifying the means approach to our own good.

Because the left is more pragmatic and fact-based,

So then why aren't ya'll going after barrett and the transgenerational destruction of the black folks in milwaukee?

Milwaukee desperately need money and waukesha needs water, something milwaukee has plenty of. So why doens't barrett sell the water to waukesha?

If you have real issues with the Affordable Care Act as it is implemented, it's fair to address those so the Act works better.

Back up a sec there hoss (white, country expression).
Why was there no concern over the "how" or "what" of obamacare when it was NOT debated?
"We need to pass this bill to see what's in it"?
Did yous guys (not an expression I use a lot) have this great concern about the BS lie called "transparency" when this conjob of a law was bribed through democrat controlled congress? Even as it was still being delivered the night before it was to be signed?

Was any of these facts part of ya'll's fact based existence you speak of?

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Cornbread asks a serious question regarding Obamacare and how it will be ran.

What was his serious question? I can't find one, but if you can, post it again in regular English and someone will take it up.

I answered a bunch of serious questions about the ACA with links and discussion a few days ago. (I think Comrade was the questioner that time, though he never replied.) We can go through it all again if you want. The more people know about the act, the better off we'll be.

Here is the page I referenced most frequently:
http://www.healthcare.gov/law/resources ... d-hhs.html

all the while I'm making points that are completely lost upon thems edumcated peeples.

No you aren't. You don't even know what the points are that you think want to make, because you refuse to learn anything about the law. You simply love to cause consternation. Because you know very little in a factual sense, you backed off from the opportunity to go on the radio and make a case for yourself or your supposed opinions.

Dead giveaway.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm not going to bother responding to most of your post. You seem to need counseling or some maturing.

Your striking out at people you perceive to have slighted you may provide you with some catharsis, but it really doesn't advance your positions at all. In fact, I would bet that people who share your positions would appreciate it if you would deal with issues in a mature and thoughtful way.

I don't know how old you are, but you act like a teenager. I understand that your lack of knowledge about how government operates frustrates you. It frustrates us on this forum, too, because we have to deal with your tantrums and tirades.

I won't respond to your tirades, but I will respond to this: "Why was there no concern over the 'how' or 'what' of obamacare when it was NOT debated?"

The simple response is that there was concern. Those concerns are reflected in the law.

In our government many of the details of how any law gets implemented are left for rulemaking. Congress sets out general outlines in statutes, and provides executive agencies with the authority to fill in the details, provide they carry out the expressed mandates of the law. This is done for a number of reasons, but a main reason is to give interested citizens and interest groups and opportunity to have input into how the law is implemented. It offers a far more open process than Congress could ever provide.

If you are truly interested in how Obamacare is implemented, you can actually be part of the process, rather than bellyache here about it. You have to understand, the executive agencies are under legal requirement to implement the law as written, but if you want to influence how the law is implemented go to any one of several links and find out about how you can comment on any of the rules that are proposed.

Return to “National Politics & Government”