Eric Hovde: A New Low

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Eric Hovde: A New Low

Postby minicat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Hovde thinks the press should stop writing about the effects of the recession on the working class.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/18/eric-hovde-sob-stories-poor-people_n_1605343.html

What a jerk. Yet another rich boy trying to buy his way into politics.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Eric Hovde: A New Low

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Especially precious because Hovde supports Walker's increased debt/borrowing, and wealth redistribution to the top/the economic policies that led to this recession.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm

cf. what's wrong with GOP, anyway?

Also see Romney, Mitt: "I don't care about the very poor".

Zoti Bemba
Forum Addict

Postby Zoti Bemba » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:43 pm

minicat wrote:Hovde thinks the press should stop writing about the effects of the recession on the working class.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/18/eric-hovde-sob-stories-poor-people_n_1605343.html

What a jerk. Yet another rich boy trying to buy his way into politics.

You know, in his grandparents' day they just let people like that die. Had a nice funeral, maybe ran an obituary, but probably not. Wrote a letter to the relatives in the old country to let them know, or not. What terrible news! Such a stigma on the family! Maybe they're better off not knowing. Anyway, poor people don't really have families, not like ours, not in ways that count. Back when America was great. And it can be great again!

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:54 pm

I used to think people would see through talk like Hovde's and realize these kinds of stories are about their own neighbors and could, with a few twists of fate, even be about them next time.

I don't think that any more. Now I realize the general public doesn't give a rip what happens to "other people," or else they believe the magical nuns will fix it and it'll all go away if they just keep their eyes shut, or they believe people who meet with misfortune deserve to fully experience the worst possible fates because they are stupid.

I wish I didn't believe that, but I do. Cornbread has helped, but I was getting the idea earlier.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:12 pm

wow, each emotional, hand wringing post could be condensed on a bumpersticker.

As long as this thread is nothing but gossip, how about something actually legal, where a huffington post "reporter" was a mistress of jessie jackson and was the 'hufpo' reporter during the blago trial, stating absolutely that jessie shakedown jackson junior was innocent in trying to buy zerobama's IL senate seat from blago.

Oh, and the huffington post reporter operates a legal defense clinic that gets its clients from re'verend shakedown's PUSH extortionist group.

Some gay guy is suing for discrimination.....

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/09/20/Rainbow.pdf

Leftist democratics.....too funny for even themselves to view....

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:50 pm

He isn't just a jerk. He's also ignorant:
Major U.S. newspapers have increasingly shifted their attention away from coverage of unemployment in recent months while greatly intensifying their focus on the deficit, a National Journal analysis shows.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/economy/ ... t-20110516

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 pm

snoqueen wrote:I used to think people would see through talk like Hovde's and---

Just concentrate of the agenda driven leftists that took one sentence out of fourteen minutes. They record the whole conversation, then cut out a from it, launder it, then disseminate it to the useful idiots to do their pavlovian dog thing, disseminating it, cutting and pasting it for actual hand wringing on various internet boards.

And ya'll wonder why no normal, adults take leftists seriously?
Between ya'lls claims of being so "educated" and the like of course. Didja know that the more education someone has, the more susceptible they are to brainwashing? Yeah, that's a fact and great fair trade coffehouse conversation for ya'll.

Cornbread has helped, but I was getting the idea earlier.

I knew you'd start seeing how wrong you had been, how the leftists are really stupid, brainwashed people and use nothing but racism and censorship to maintain their illusory sense of control

I'll quote you on that. Who knows, I may even cut and paste your complete agreement with me on that..... :lol:

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:05 pm

DCB wrote:He isn't just a jerk. He's also ignorant:
Major U.S. newspapers have increasingly shifted their attention away from coverage of unemployment in recent months while greatly intensifying their focus on the deficit, a National Journal analysis shows.

So...are major U.S. newspapers jerks for making this shift?

Or is it appropriate?

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:16 pm

bdog wrote:
DCB wrote:He isn't just a jerk. He's also ignorant:

So...are major U.S. newspapers jerks for making this shift?

Or is it appropriate?

Time will tell how that position will be judged by the populi as a majority re-converge in shared distress.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Or as they re-converge in prosperity...

In either case, we'll see.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 pm

bdog wrote:Or as they re-converge in prosperity...

Yeah bdog, I wish that you are right. My gut and other objective evidence suggest a rude shake down to all of our economy. So the divide and rule thing seems to make a good deal of sense in terms of those who endeavor to do said shaking.

But, like you said "we'll see".

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:08 pm

bdog wrote:Or as they re-converge in prosperity...

If you follow Krugman's thinking, focusing on the debt issue leads to austerity measures that solve neither the unemployment problem nor the debt problem.

Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:34 pm

If people don't listen to Krugman, the nation is in for a world of hurt, a downward spiral of lowered spending and lowered demand. Keynesian economics works, and we most certainly need to keep spending federal dollars for the foreseeable future.

And if we raised the tax rates back to what they were when Clinton was in office, we could likely pay for a lot of that spending too.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Well, you know, Hovde did give a lot of money to charity....cough cough....

Return to “National Politics & Government”