Hillary Clinton: Russia Sending Attack Helicopters to Syria

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Forum God/Goddess

Hillary Clinton: Russia Sending Attack Helicopters to Syria

Postby Huckleby » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/06 ... syria.html

I think the U.S. publically calling-out the Russians marks a turning point. The notion of negotiated resolution is not an option, even as a talking point.

Forum Addict

Re: Hillary Clinton: Russia Sending Attack Helicopters to Sy

Postby manoletters » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 pm

This is actually not in the way of a reply to anybody on this thread, just some thoughts about the present Syrian situtation:
I've been watching the BBC news which airs here at 11:00 nightly. Reading about Syria too, in the mainstream and alternative press. I'm deeply disturbed by images of the ongoing bombardment and slaughter in Homs and other cities. But I oppose the notion that the US should intervene there, an unlikely prospect anyway, as Syria is just a bit too close to the "USS Israel." Why did it take me only a few seconds' reflection to oppose the prospect of US military intervention? I can answer that in 10 points: 1. Last year's NATO intervention in Libya was less than a spectacular success. 2. The catastrophic, unconstitutional, immoral 2003 Iraq War, and its subsequent disastrous occupation. 3. The illegal, criminal 2001 US invasion of Afghanistan and the ongoing disastrous conflict/occupation in Af-Pak. 4. The current non-reported US war against Yemen. 5. The disastrous 1999 NATO bombing of Serbia/Kosovo. 6. The disastrous 1993 US invasion/intervention in Somalia, and it's present reincarnation. 7. The criminal, illegal US-led Guf War of 1991. 8. The disastrous, murderous US invasion and occupation of Panama, beginning in 1989. 9. The outrageous 1983 US invasion of tiny Grenada. 10. The spectacularly genocidal US war against Vietnam from 1961-1975.
I'll address Today's US saber-rattling directed against Iran at a later date. Anyone need any more reasons justifying my opposition to these US/NATO interventions? How about the three or four trillion dollars that will have been spent, when all is said and done, on the Iraq War/Occupation? Plus, I heard Robert Greenwald (he of "Rethink Afghanistan") say on the Mic92.1 the other day that the cost of the Afghan War/Occupation is nearing $1 Trillion. Surely every US escalation must be nothing more than a cause for official Chinese jubilation. http://rethinkafghanistan.com/cracks-in-dam.php

Return to “National Politics & Government”