Birther Obama

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,"

Postby Meade » Sat May 19, 2012 10:46 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:How do the birthers explain this?

Beats me, Henry. I'm not a birther.

But hey - why not ask Barack Obama... since he is now the birther-in-chief? He used to allow his literary agent to claim that he was born in Kenya. (Click on the original hyperlinked quote at the beginning of this thread. You know how to click don't you, Henry?) Of course that was long before he ever imagined he might someday be running for president of the United States.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat May 19, 2012 10:48 am

No birthers here? So you say.

Ned has been one for years. Others are following in his path.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat May 19, 2012 10:51 am

I think Obama knew he would run for President someday. He didn't know the internet would preserve this thing forever and make it available to the masses.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 am

Now if you'd all excuse me I'm checking my Norweigan box and heading to Stoughton.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 am

You are excused, bdog. Now be careful down there - I've heard it said that Norwegians can't hold their liquor. Is that true? Am I racist for asking? I notice you misspelled Norwegian, bdog. Have you been drinking?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat May 19, 2012 11:36 am

Meade wrote:I'm not a birther.

Says the guy who starts a thread entitled: "No Person except a natural born Citizen,".

The Arizona secretary of state also says he is not a birther, yet he questions whether he should allow Obama to be on the ballot for president this coming November.

If it walks like a duck...

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Sat May 19, 2012 5:47 pm

"And of course, the left’s reaction has been predictable: “Hurr, hurr, Birthers, derp derp!” Because apparently, sometime within the last 24 hours, “Birther” has been redefined to mean “somebody who believes Obama wasn’t born in Kenya.” The word “Birther” means whatever lefties need it to mean, at the moment they need it to mean that."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/18/why-w ... z1vMI5596d

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat May 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Then there are people like certain forons and also Arizona's secretary of state, who explicitly said he believes Obama was born in Hawaii, yet for purely poltical reasons says he might not include our president on the ballot. It's an appeal to those who still want to believe he was born on the "black continent."

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Sat May 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:"And of course, the left’s reaction has been predictable: “Hurr, hurr, Birthers, derp derp!” Because apparently, sometime within the last 24 hours, “Birther” has been redefined to mean “somebody who believes Obama wasn’t born in Kenya.” The word “Birther” means whatever lefties need it to mean, at the moment they need it to mean that."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/18/why-w ... z1vMI5596d

You make no sense. Nobody has "redefined Birther." A Birther is someone who continues to believe that there is an issue with regard to the circumstances of Obama's birth beyond their own racism, whether it be the idea that he was born outside the US, or that he was born in Hawaii but because his mother hadn't lived in the US "long enough" he still doesn't qualify as a native-born citizen. Or whatever the next permutation will be. The details of the Birther position are meaningless, which is why you choose to find your latest "evidence" persuasive.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Sat May 19, 2012 8:04 pm

So, why would Obama pretend to have been born in Kenya?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat May 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:So, why would Obama pretend to have been born in Kenya?

And why would he "uncheck that box" in 2007 when he decided to run for president?

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:So, why would Obama pretend to have been born in Kenya?

Obama pretended to have been born in Kenya? So you're saying that he wasn't born in Kenya, but you still think that where he was born matters?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Where he was born only matters if the constitution matters. As far as we know, he was born in Hawaii. But at one point in his career he seems to have wanted people to believe otherwise. Why? Why has he kept so many documents sealed - documents such as his college and law school records?

To me, right now, the more important question is: Why was he not fully vetted by the media in 2007-2008? And why are individuals such as Detritus and Henry Vilas so incurious about Obama's claims and revisions to his biography when, if the subject were Mitt Romney or John McCain instead of Barack Obama, those same individuals would predictably be demanding all the facts and insisting on complete transparency.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sat May 19, 2012 8:57 pm

This looks to be yet another spam thread, along the line of "Why has the libruhl media never fully investigated the possible connection between F.D.R's policies and solar flares?"

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Sat May 19, 2012 8:59 pm

I think where he says he was born matters, or doesn't truth matter anymore?

Return to “National Politics & Government”