Birther Obama

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Detritus » Wed May 30, 2012 7:02 pm

Wrap this up, will you? You people are boring the shit out of me.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Rich Schultz » Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 pm

What conspiracy? The most likely explanation is Obama lied. That only takes one person.

Perhaps you could assure us a politician would not lie, then we can see who is laughing?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7016
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Marvell » Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:What conspiracy? The most likely explanation is Obama lied. That only takes one person.

Perhaps you could assure us a politician would not lie, then we can see who is laughing?


Nice to see that you're still proudly announcing that you like to roll around in your own shit.

Only in this case, it's Tucker Carlson's shit. Which makes it just that much more pathetic.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby wack wack » Thu May 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Meade wrote:
pjbogart wrote:But I'm going with #8 because the most likely answer is "I don't know."

And neither do you.


Do you want to know? Because I'll tell you who I'm laughing at - not the Rich Schultzes - but at the people who are incurious about why the President of the United States wrote a book in which his publisher made a "fact-checking" error (that HE himself caused) about the place of his birth, he then allowed the error to stand but after two decades corrected the "fact-checking" error. Why? Some people don't care to know. They are fools. Incurious fools.


The incurious fool is he who clings to his beliefs despite overwhelming factual evidence to the contrary.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6563
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Birther Obama

Postby pjbogart » Thu May 31, 2012 12:44 pm

There's a rather delicious irony that both Meade and Rich, assuming they're different people, are positing that the "fact checking error" supposedly committed by the publisher is impossible. In fact, not only was it not a mistake, Obama was the source for the error. Now, I recognize that such a possibility exists, but to claim it as a fact tells me that they really don't understand what constitutes a fact.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Meade » Thu May 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Okay, pjbogart, tell us what a "fact" is. We'll work off your definition.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21424
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Meade another course for you, this time from the philosophy department: Belief, Knowledge, and Truth. You don't seem to know the definitions of any of those terms.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Rich Schultz » Thu May 31, 2012 1:21 pm

far-fetched (fär f cht) adj. Not readily believable because of improbable elements therein: a far-fetched analogy; a far-fetched excuse. far-fetched

I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was far fetched, as in unlikely, not easy to believe. Do you have a reasonable explanation for how Hawaii accidentally is spelled K-e-n-y-a? Why after several revisions the glaring error remained? Do you really believe a young writer with a large ego never noticed? You claim you were good at spotting liars, so far you are batting zip.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Meade » Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 pm

By the way, what is a "fact checking error"? Shouldn't it be called an "error checking failure"?

The fact, as we now know it, is that Obama's literary agent failed to check an erroneous "fact": that Obama was born in Kenya - which we now know is not true, he was born in Hawaii.

What we need to know, before we reelect him, is this:
What did Obama know about that particular error/fact, when did he know it, and why did he check/change the fact/error when he did?

Also, are there any other fact/errors about Obama we should know about before we give him our faith/vote again?
Last edited by Meade on Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Bland » Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Meade wrote:By the way, what is a "fact checking error"? Shouldn't it be called an "error checking error"?
Comedy this good usually comes with a warning that the first few rows will get splattered with watermelon.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Rich Schultz » Thu May 31, 2012 1:43 pm

"Okay, fine. But a fact-checker does not make up text. A fact checker receives a text written by someone else, and then determines whether the factual assertions are based on the verifiable truth.
So the question remains: who submitted the text that was insufficiently fact-checked by Ms. Goderich? Who, in other words, first offered the assertion that Barack Obama was born in Kenya?
One must ask who on earth other than the client himself, Barack Obama, would have had the data upon which to assert that Barack Obama was born in Kenya? If that person was not Obama, then why would such person believe that Obama was born in Kenya? Recall that at the time, Obama occupied no political office, and had been in the public eye primarily because he was the first black person elected president of the Harvard Law Review. It seems very likely that  Barack Obama himself supplied the information. Who else would be in a position to make such an assertion? Who could have supplied such "mistaken" information to the literary agent?"

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... z1wTSrl6GI

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7016
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Marvell » Thu May 31, 2012 1:53 pm

I dunno... a motherfucking publicist?

Not fact checker. Not publisher.

A publicist. Who gets paid to write copy.

Keep rolling in other people's shit, Rich. Maybe it'll magically turn into Obama-repelling marshmellow fluff!

Meade
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Meade » Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Imagine if Walker supporters defended Walker the way Marvell defends Obama. The snoqueens, Henry Vilases, and pjbogarts would go nuts.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby wack wack » Thu May 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Meade wrote:Imagine if Walker supporters defended Walker the way Marvell defends Obama. The snoqueens, Henry Vilases, and pjbogarts would go nuts.


Imagine if those defending Walker were even half as smart as sno, Henry, pj or Marvell. Then again, anyone even half as smart as the liberal team here knows that Walker is indefensible.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:27 am
Contact:

Re: Birther Obama

Postby Rich Schultz » Thu May 31, 2012 2:40 pm

So when are you smart guys going to start winning elections?


Return to “National Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sandi and 5 guests