Political Robocalls

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Political Robocalls

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:51 pm

I know this subject has come up in the past but according to this Bill Leuders report, not only does everyone hate them, some states have even outlawed such calls. I thought because of the constitutional doctrine protecting political free speech that wasn't possible.

(At least two states, Indiana and Wyoming, prohibit political robo-calls, and other states have some restrictions.)

Oh, and the calls don't work.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Political Robocalls

Postby snoqueen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Sure they work. They help Mitt Romney's PAC piss away some millionaire's money placing three calls a day to people like me, who wouldn't vote for him with a ten foot pole.

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Political Robocalls

Postby doppel » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm

I wouldn't vote for him with a ten foot poll. Fixt

rkrause

Billing Romney for Robocalls

Postby rkrause » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:05 am

I live in Illinois, and I was receiving nonstop robocalls from Romney for President every day for two weeks straight during March. I've never voted republican in my life, so I wasn't too pleased about the continual nuisance. I emailed them repeatedly to remove me from their call list. They never complied.

I finally got smart and started billing them $50 for every call. Then of course they responded right away. But instead of apologizing, they threatened to pass my $650 invoice onto their attorneys. Funny how politicians like Robocall Romney think only of themselves.

For your amusement you can view the brochure, letters, and invoice I sent to Romney here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rkrause/se ... 528586216/

I've already had to charge him a late fee because he's delinquent on his payment. Give it to Romney to never pay his bills.

--Randall

Return to “National Politics & Government”