Snoop Dogg endorses Ron Paul

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Snoop Dogg endorses Ron Paul

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:54 pm

As I have said in the past, Libertarians are Republicans who smoke pot. (Snoop is also part of the 1%. He knows where his economic interests lie.)

cue Artie.

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Snoop Dogg endorses Ron Paul

Postby ArturoBandini » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Got a link, Henry? When I first heard about this story (6 weeks ago - where ya been?), Snoop had merely posted an image of Ron Paul on his website with a pro-legalization message. Has he said anything to support the idea that he explicitly endorses Paul?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm

It's all over the Internet. Saw a video report on msn.com. Probably just the LSM.

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArturoBandini » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:28 pm

So, no link to the video? I'm not seeing anything on Snoop/Paul on the msn.com landing page, nor the politics page.

Here is an article from late January on the topic:
The rapper and marijuana enthusiast appeared to grant his endorsement to GOP candidate Paul on his Facebook page late Monday, posting a picture of Paul with the headline "Smoke Weed Everyday" (pictured). Snoop Dogg -- born Calvin Broadus -- included the message "Because I said so" with his post.

What does the "LSM" have to do with anything?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:49 pm

ArturoBandini wrote:What does the "LSM" have to do with anything?

Ask Ned, as he has posted on this thread.

As far as links to a widely reported story, I though that Libertarians were DIY types. Google (news) is your friend.

Or do you just want to argue about me not posting a link?
Last edited by Henry Vilas on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArturoBandini » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:As far as links to a widely reported story, I though that Libertarians were DYI types. Google (news) is your friend.

Or do you just want to argue about me not posting a link?
I've already posted the only link thus far, so clearly I've Googled it. The most recent Google News links are from several weeks ago. I'm wondering if you have some sort of update or maybe a independent thought about this otherwise stale news story.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:13 pm

So you have nothing to say about Snoop's endorsement, just that you have heard it before? That's a wasted post on your part.

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArturoBandini » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:20 pm

I don't really care what Snoop thinks. I'll say this: Federal and state drug policy is a perverse system that on-net harms people far more than it helps. Ron Paul has done more than any of the other major presidential candidates (save for Gary Johnson, who might not be considered "major") to advance this idea in the public sphere. President Obama's execution of drug policy is much like that of his predecessors and is, not surprisingly, a failure.

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:33 am

ArturoBandini wrote:President Obama's execution of drug policy is much like that of his predecessors and is, not surprisingly, a failure.

It has actually been worse than Bush's regarding medical marijuana.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... t-20120216

But the only people bothering to notice are one-issue voters like myself and Snoop.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:29 am

eriedasch wrote:But the only people bothering to notice are one-issue voters like myself and Snoop.

There are no issues more important to this country than legalizing marijuana. Seriously?

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArturoBandini » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:39 am

eriedasch wrote:It has actually been worse than Bush's regarding medical marijuana.
Not to argue with your point, but I can't get on the bandwagon for medical marijuana. It seems like a trojan horse tactic being used somewhat disingenuously to get a foot in the door toward general legalization. The idea that you should need a prescription to own and consume a substance that's proven to be harmless (relative to almost anything else we put in our bodies) gives too much credit to the prohibitionists' position. I'd prefer a more full-throated defense of individual freedom - remove all nanny controls on marijuana. Don't "regulate and tax it for revenue" either.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 am

ArturoBandini wrote:
eriedasch wrote:I'd prefer a more full-throated defense of individual freedom - remove all nanny controls on marijuana. Don't "regulate and tax it for revenue" either.

Are you also against regulation and taxation on alcohol and tobacco? What about age limits for those who have not reached adulthood?

Btw, I am for lower the age to purchase alcohol to 18. Same with gambling.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:58 am

ilikebeans wrote:
eriedasch wrote:But the only people bothering to notice are one-issue voters like myself and Snoop.

There are no issues more important to this country than legalizing marijuana. Seriously?

Not to potheads.

Seriously, can we just put this "medical marijuna" scam to bed once and for all? If you wanna smoke pot, just come out and say it.

And I'm perfectly fine with legalizing marijuana and other drugs. The problem, of course, is that the abusers and their families end up being wards of state and I'm not OK with that.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:. The problem, of course, is that the abusers and their families end up being wards of state and I'm not OK with that.

Oh, where to start with this one....

Return to “National Politics & Government”