Libertarianism: The Arturo Bandini thread

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Libertarianism: The Arturo Bandini thread

Postby snoqueen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:32 pm

And you're not so bad yourself, pj.

I don't mean to leave anybody out here (although it's gonna happen) but part of my not-so-short list of good commentators includes pj, detritus who can do a good kurt impersonation when warmed up, narcoleptish and Galoot for common sense, rrnate who cuts through bs and can be very funny, DCB who comes up with good links, rabble who sometimes backs me up quite helpfully, and numerous others I will think of as soon as I hit send.

I won't leave out Arturo and Stella_Guru who bring in alternative viewpoints that aren't rehashed talk radio, just to show it can be done.

Speaking of comments, check out the Cap Times editorial tonight on Robin Vos, who's shaping up to be a truly execrable legislator:

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion ... 3ce6c.html

CT is starting to get readable comments too. It's encouraging to see thoughtful remarks replacing the mouth-breathers at Madison newspapers, which was pretty much deluged with stupidity for a while. Here's a sample. Nobody's said much about this angle, but one reader caught it:

Where the hell is Van Hollen in all of this. Why isn't his office investigating these actions by Republican legislators. He is supposed to be the Attorney General for all of the people in the state of Wisconsin. He is not part of Walker's cabinet. He was elected on his own. He is supposed to represent us all. He should be the next person recalled. I am even more upset as his lack of action than I am at Walker....

(from link above -- probably belongs in another topic, but I'm talking about comment quality here and this is a good comment)

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:40 am

rabble wrote:

You see this? This is a shroud, Mr. Rabble. A shroud.

A burial garment...a winding sheet…for the dead.

This is for you, Mr. Rabble…the late Mr. Rabble.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:18 am

pjbogart wrote:I didn't intend the intelligence comment to get so much play, but as long as we're passing out awards...

Wow...the usual suspects to the last.

I do agree Kurt can be entertaining.

The John Hinckley stalker award: pjbogart

Meade, did ya get those new lights installed yet?

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:35 am

bdog wrote:
rabble wrote:

You see this? This is a shroud, Mr. Rabble. A shroud.

A burial garment...a winding sheet…for the dead.

This is for you, Mr. Rabble…the late Mr. Rabble.

You're going to get plenty more chances to ignore that question, you gutless little wimp.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 am

bdog wrote:The John Hinckley stalker award: pjbogart

I don't own a gun. Sorry for omitting you, bdog. You can be Snerdly. Plenty of hot air, but no one's really listening.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:05 am

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 am

I've gone from Papa Hemingway (what jjoyce called me when we met) to Papa Smurf.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:28 am

Henry Vilas wrote:I've gone from Papa Hemingway (what jjoyce called me when we met) to Papa Smurf.

Try limiting your intake of blueberries--that should restore your healthy pink glow.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Regarding who is the most intelligent Foron:

Those of you who were around for the previous Foruim iteration will likely recall that this question was settled via IQ testing. I cannot recall the exact scores -- or who had the highest, even -- but I am certain that Chuck Schick and I were not only near the top, but so much higher than the average Foron that we felt it necessary to abandon the thread topic in lieu of a nice game of chess.

I bring this up not to toot my own (extremely intelligent) horn, but rather to point out that the gulf between "smart poster" and "smart post" can sometimes be immense.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Do we dare opine on who is the dumbest foron?

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:20 pm

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but there is a certain prose justice in the joyful thradjacking occurring here, in a thread created to limit threadjacking.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:16 pm

acereraser wrote:I don't mean to rain on the parade, but there is a certain prose justice in the joyful thradjacking occurring here, in a thread created to limit threadjacking.

Blame it on Arturo, he let life get in the way of posting.

Oh, and Wags, I didn't intend to start an intelligence contest (though I'm certain you'd bury us all). I simply mentioned, in an attempt to excuse my often caustic responses to Arturo, that I felt that he was the most intelligent conservative on the board. Personally, I don't find this statement controversial nor even debatable. Can you come up with a conservative poster, now or ever, who even comes close? Spock? BDWG? This board has a long history of conservative snipers and every single one of them, without qualification, has simply restated whatever they heard on Rush Limbaugh or FoxNews the day before.

I think Arturo is dead-wrong, but at least he's not dumb.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:31 pm

pjbogart wrote: Spock? BDWG? This board has a long history of conservative snipers and every single one of them, without qualification, has simply restated whatever they heard on Rush Limbaugh or FoxNews the day before.

I don't listen to Rush, and don't (can't) watch FoxNews.

I think you should throw away that crutch.

I'm reading Juan Williams' "Muzzled". Should be required reading for all posters in the political threads here.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:40 pm

bdog wrote:I don't listen to Rush, and don't (can't) watch FoxNews.

Fine, bdog, I retract my accusation. You don't repeat the stupid things you hear, you come up with stupid all on your own.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Peej, believe it or not, I respect you for the retraction.

Most intelligent poster is Kenneth Burns.

Stupidest? The only one that really stands out, that people on both sides of the aisle would agree on...would be Jazznews / Genie.

Kinda wish she was still here trying to "help" you, Sno and the rest of your merry band.

Return to “National Politics & Government”