What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8837
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby rabble » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:43 pm

So, this Duck guy is the one who is going to make white people unhappy and sing the blues?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3553
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby DCB » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:24 pm

He ended slavery against homophobes.

Zoti Bemba
Forum Addict
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:34 pm
Contact:

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby Zoti Bemba » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 pm

DCB wrote:He ended slavery against homophobes.


And what could be more noble and self-sacrificing than that?

Next we'll need to find a pseudo-Lincoln to free the rich people from the tyranny of government by, of, and for the people.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7044
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby pjbogart » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Personally, I can't wait to get back to not watching Duck Dynasty in peace and quiet. I'm sure that all of the homosexuals who used to admire this televangelist who looks like a member of ZZ Top are shocked and dismayed to find out that he's actually a redneck, literally years after he told you he was a redneck. And freed from the chains of their PC bondage are the millions of racists and homophobes who, up until now, have been afraid to tell you how they feel. From now on they can freely express their views on Adam and Steve, Obamaphones and libtards.

It's a new dawn in America! A breath of fresh air where rodeo clowns can jiggle their big negro lips and Cletus the slack-jawed yokel can tell you all about Al Gore's big boat. Praise the sun!

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6073
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Glenn Grothman, Wisconsin GOP Senator, Fights For A Seven-Day Workweek

Among the gems in this story:

"Right now in Wisconsin, you're not supposed to work seven days in a row, which is a little ridiculous because all sorts of people want to work seven days a week," he told The Huffington Post in an interview.


Because who doesn't want a day off?

In 2012, Grothman also sponsored legislation repealing a state equal pay law, as well as a bill that would have considered single parenthood a contributing factor to child abuse.


How does this guy keep getting re-elected.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby Detritus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Glenn Grothman, Wisconsin GOP Senator, Fights For A Seven-Day Workweek

Among the gems in this story:

"Right now in Wisconsin, you're not supposed to work seven days in a row, which is a little ridiculous because all sorts of people want to work seven days a week," he told The Huffington Post in an interview.


Because who doesn't want a day off?

In 2012, Grothman also sponsored legislation repealing a state equal pay law, as well as a bill that would have considered single parenthood a contributing factor to child abuse.


How does this guy keep getting re-elected.

According to the Flanders-Blaska Model (tm), stupid voting behavior is the result of voters getting paid to vote, so maybe that's what's going on here.

Oh, wait--the authors of that model never clarified whether it applies to the melanin-challenged or not.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8837
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby rabble » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:50 pm

I wondered if this deserved its own thread but decided to put it here.

Chris Christie buys a bridge.
Leaked emails are proving that the George Washington Bridge lane closure wasn't the result of one rogue Christie fan who was acting on his own.

Christie apparently has the same problem as Scott Walker; his staff, without his knowledge in any way, without clearing it with anyone, or even mentioning it, are doing very very bad things that he himself would never think of doing.

The biggest bombshell was an email from Bridget Anne Kelly, Christie's deputy chief of staff, to former Port Authority Director of Interstate Capital Projects David Wildstein, a Christie ally. It said, "Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee." Some Democrats have already said that is evidence of political retribution against Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich (D), who had declined to endorse Christie for re-election.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2634
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:53 pm
Location: Madison
Contact:

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby Donald » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:59 pm

rabble wrote:I wondered if this deserved its own thread but decided to put it here.

Chris Christie buys a bridge.
Leaked emails are proving that the George Washington Bridge lane closure wasn't the result of one rogue Christie fan who was acting on his own.

Christie apparently has the same problem as Scott Walker; his staff, without his knowledge in any way, without clearing it with anyone, or even mentioning it, are doing very very bad things that he himself would never think of doing.

The biggest bombshell was an email from Bridget Anne Kelly, Christie's deputy chief of staff, to former Port Authority Director of Interstate Capital Projects David Wildstein, a Christie ally. It said, "Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee." Some Democrats have already said that is evidence of political retribution against Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich (D), who had declined to endorse Christie for re-election.

This is no surprise. Walker and Christie are both small time crooks who let others do their dirty work. I doubt there will be a "smoking gun" link to Christie, unless someone on the inside talks. These guys are perfect candidates for the Republican Party, which is as crooked as a political party can get.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:23 am

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby ilikebeans » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:39 pm

And now... (drum roll) for the most laughable headline and story of 2014 thus far:

Republicans Move to Claim Poverty-Fighting Mantle

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8837
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby rabble » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Donald wrote:

This is no surprise. Walker and Christie are both small time crooks who let others do their dirty work. I doubt there will be a "smoking gun" link to Christie, unless someone on the inside talks. These guys are perfect candidates for the Republican Party, which is as crooked as a political party can get.

Yes, but this has more ramifications for Christie. He's on record as saying "I've asked my staff and they all assure me there's no truth to this." And now he's got some really high level hand-picked managers who must be lying through their teeth to him every day. The only other possibility is that HE was lying and I don't think he wants to go that route yet.

And since he's already got a rep for bullying and intimidating, every you tube video of him smacking somebody down in a town hall meeting will now be viewed in a different light.

Might be why he cancelled today's speeches and isn't available for comment.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3553
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby DCB » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Georgia Republican Jack Kingston wants to make sure poor kids learn important lessons:
But one of the things I’ve talked to the secretary of agriculture about: Why don’t you have the kids pay a dime, pay a nickel to instill in them that there is, in fact, no such thing as a free lunch? Or maybe sweep the floor of the cafeteria


OK, so he's a horrible person. "No Free Lunch" for the poors. So you know this was coming:
Kingston, who is currently running for Senate and recently suggested students work cleaning cafeterias in exchange for lunch, had expensed as much as $4,182 worth of lunches for his office over the past three years.
...
The amount could have purchased nearly 2,000 Georgia school lunches.


He sure gets a lot of free lunches, paid for by taxpayers. And other free lunches too:
WSAV also found that Kingston also racked up $4,289 of free meals paid for by third-party groups like the Georgia Bankers Association and the Congressional Institute

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3392
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby O.J. » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:05 pm


Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 14071
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:14 pm


DCB
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3553
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby DCB » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Even after the 2012 Akin debacle, wingnuts still don't understand the difference between "consenual sex" and "rape".


Return to “National Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests