What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:55 am

While some of the state actions may be politically motivated, “it is very important for people to understand this is not all political or intended as its principle purpose to harm the legislation,” said Ed Haislmaier, a senior research fellow at the Heritage Foundation.

Well there's one of the bigger bald-faced lies I've seen in a while.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:29 am

A Republican legislator from Alabama wants to ban a Toni Morrison book he finds "objectionable."

Are book burnings next?

nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:52 am

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 pm

The Bush White House's breathtakingly incompetent press sec'y Ari Fleischer demonstrates the GOP's mastery of social media, via Twitter:
Question to @gov: how come @BarackObama 's last tweet was more than 140 characters? Does he play by different rules???

Ten minutes later, he twatted:
@gov I retract my tweet. When I copy and pasted, it included the @BarackObama.

Well-doggies, Jethro, you sure is good at cipherin'!

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Last October President Obama predicted a civil war within the GOP if he is re-elected.

McCain Returns Fire on Cruz

To that I say, grab the popcorn.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:16 pm

NC GOPer Resigns After Criticizing 'Lazy Black People'

Buncombe GOP Chair Henry Mitchell said Don Yelton resigned for making remarks that were "offensive, uniformed and unacceptable of any member within the Republican Party."

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Reid says no "Grand Bargain"

Reid is playing chess while the TEA/GOP is playing Candy Land. He is setting them MoFo's up to repeat their bad behavior. I hate to say it, but he is an enabler to the destructive nature of those wacko birds. It is bitter, but necessary medicine to save the Union from those cross-eyed crazy nihilist cheerleaders of destruction. A repeat of the TEA/GOP temper tantrum in January will be enough to cement the insane actions of the crazed right that has seized the Republican Party to ensure a wave election next November.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm

ilikebeans wrote:NC GOPer Resigns After Criticizing 'Lazy Black People'

Buncombe GOP Chair Henry Mitchell said Don Yelton resigned for making remarks that were "offensive, uniformed and unacceptable of any member within the Republican Party."

BWAHAHAHAHA!

They're firing the guy who admitted that they were vote suppression laws, and they're keeping the vote suppression laws.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:54 am

So now it's come down to "vote for MY bill or else"

Paul says in a voiceover. "I say not so fast. I say vote no on a new Fed chairman without a vote on my Audit the Fed bill."

I don't know much about his bill and it may be all fine, but to hold a nomination hostage because someone want's THEIR bill voted on is fucking childish. And since when is a vote on a bill tied to a nomination. Maybe this happens more often and I don't know about it.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Stebben84 wrote: since when is a vote on a bill tied to a nomination. Maybe this happens more often and I don't know about it.

I don't think it's that common, but it's happened before and isn't all that shocking a demand. (Whether it's a legitimate demand probably depends a bit on your political leaning).

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:27 pm

What it says to me: "my bill won't pass on its own, so I need to use extortion."

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:28 pm

My thought is there already are processes and procedures in place for this information to be requested. It seems like someone trying to make a political point.

If there is suspicion of wrong doing at the fed an audit might be needed but I can't believe that threatening legislation over a nomination is the way to get this done.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:but it's happened before and isn't all that shocking a demand. (Whether it's a legitimate demand probably depends a bit on your political leaning).

If it weren't his own bill, I might think a bit differently, but anyone who does this(R or D) is just making political theater and being a whiny little baby.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:22 pm

wack wack wrote:What it says to me: "my bill won't pass on its own, so I need to use extortion."

Return to “National Politics & Government”