South Carolina GOP: whites only

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: South Carolina GOP: whites only

Postby Meade » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Doesn't make me uncomfortable, kurt_w. I've lived around covert racism like yours my entire life - people who use race to serve their own cynical political and social ends. They project their racism onto others as a psychological defense so they can feel less ashamed without having to confront and change the deep fears and prejudices they carry in their own hearts. So, no, I don't feel uncomfortable except to the degree I feel sorry for you and the people who are unwittingly influenced by your disorder.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Meade wrote:Doesn't make me uncomfortable, kurt_w. I've lived around covert racism like yours my entire life - people who use race to serve their own cynical political and social ends. They project their racism onto others as a psychological defense so they can feel less ashamed without having to confront and change the deep fears and prejudices they carry in their own hearts. So, no, I don't feel uncomfortable except to the degree I feel sorry for you and the people who are unwittingly influenced by your disorder.

I gotta say Meade, you are the most racist, smarmy asshole I've run across on a forum that wasn't labeled "Free Republic" or "Storm Front."

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:08 pm

God, that is awful. I don't care if he's a racist or what -- he's a creep.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:41 pm

http://www.wtoc.com/story/16571904/sout ... -primaries
Already, there has been some question into folks who cast their ballots on Saturday. South Carolina's Attorney General, Alan Wilson has notified the U.S. Justice Department of potential voter fraud. Wilson says an analysis found 953 ballots cast by voters were people who are listed as dead. He has asked the State Law Enforcement Division to investigate.
Does anyone remember when BU$H pulled the Feds off of more important cases to look for individual fraud starting in 2001, like dead people or felons w/o voting rights, who voted? I think they found a grand total of 34 fraudulent votes in 8 years nationwide.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:13 pm

So the SC white GOP are the 98% and the SC minority GOP are the 2%. That a bizarro world is the SC GOP!

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 am

Meade wrote:The fact is, using facts (no matter how accurate or inaccurate the "facts" are) to racialize a conversation, debate, or discussion is racist. You might not like that fact because you are not, yourself, a racist. But it's a simple fact. Racializing, by definition, is racist.

Ignoring facts that demonstrate racism is racist. Ergo, you are a racist.

other i
Forum Addict

Postby other i » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:51 pm

"The fact is, using facts blah blah blah blah to racialize a conversation blah blah blah is racist."

Bizzzzzzarre stuff, man. You want to fill this out a little?

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:03 pm

other i wrote:Bizzzzzzarre stuff, man. You want to fill this out a little?

The South Carolina Republican Party just had a de-facto "Whites Only" election. In a state where blacks make up 28% of the population, the turnout for Saturday's election was 98% white, 1% black, and 1% "other".

That doesn't bother Meade at all. Not one bit. He is, however, absolutely horrified at my temerity in pointing it out. It was a gross breach of manners and decorum on my part.

Well, brace yourself for more rudeness:

Does the South Carolina GOP have anything to say to the 28% of the state that is African-American? As bdog himself asked, are there no black or Latino conservatives in South Carolina? If such people exist, why were they apparently unable or unwilling to vote in the election on Saturday?

HamsterArmageddon
Forum Addict

Postby HamsterArmageddon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 pm

kurt_w wrote:Does the South Carolina GOP have anything to say to the 28% of the state that is African-American? As bdog himself asked, are there no black or Latino conservatives in South Carolina? If such people exist, why were they apparently unable or unwilling to vote in the election on Saturday?

Who cares? You? Why don't you ask them instead of pretending like you care in front of friendly SWPL clan members in Madison?

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 pm

HamsterArmageddon wrote:Who cares?

People who aren't racist. :D

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 pm

People who believe in discussing racism and data about race instead of sweeping the whole thing under the rug and pretending nothing is amiss.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:05 pm

snoqueen wrote:People who believe in discussing racism and data about race instead of sweeping the whole thing under the rug and pretending nothing is amiss.

Is there something amiss about an almost-entirely-white GOP convention?

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 pm

Depends on who you ask.

Why don't you ask them [SC GOP] instead of pretending like you care in front of friendly SWPL clan members in Madison?

Here's the opinion of one old southerner who's been around politics a few years:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jimmy-carter ... of-racism/

Jimmy thinks in SC, the GOP knows its membership very, very well.

And blacks in SC know, the same as Jimmy does.

HamsterArmageddon
Forum Addict

Postby HamsterArmageddon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 pm

ilikebeans wrote:
snoqueen wrote:People who believe in discussing racism and data about race instead of sweeping the whole thing under the rug and pretending nothing is amiss.

Is there something amiss about an almost-entirely-white GOP convention?

Is there something amiss about an almost-entirely-white Willy St COOP membership and staff?

HamsterArmageddon
Forum Addict

Postby HamsterArmageddon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:21 pm

OK. In group discussions are safe and easy. When were you planning on doing? You do know there is a difference, right?

Since something is amiss at the COOP, according to data you are supporting for effect, when were you planning on disparaging the COOP? Do they get a pass because they are SWPL?
Last edited by HamsterArmageddon on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “National Politics & Government”