The War Is Making You Poor

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

The War Is Making You Poor

Postby fisticuffs » Thu May 27, 2010 8:59 am

www.thewarismakingyoupoor.com

Seems simple enough your average Tea Bagger could understand it. We already spend $550B on the military more than all other countries combined. Everyone likes tax cuts right? Everyone wants to reduce the deficit? Nobody likes war? Well Flanders does for some reason. What's the downside? Our military needs to tighten their belts just like everyone else. Seems like a good place to start.

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The War Is Making You Poor

Postby Stella_Guru » Thu May 27, 2010 1:20 pm

fisticuffs wrote: Our military needs to tighten their belts just like everyone else. Seems like a good place to start.

Obama could could have started by not signing two huge defense budgets.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Thu May 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Do like King George did and run the wars "off the books."

Then, they don't cost nuthin'.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Thu May 27, 2010 6:20 pm

You don't need multi billion dollar weapon systems to fight a handful of pissed-off A-rabs armed with shoe bombs.

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu May 27, 2010 6:31 pm

I promise to boycott the U.S. military and from now on I'll buy all my cruise missles and MREs from the co-op.

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Thu May 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Since 47% of the adult population in this country pay no income tax at all it is UNLIKELY that defense spending is making "you" poor.
It is more likely that allowing hatred to become all consuming is keeping one from seeing the world as it really is, and THAT is what is keeping "you" poor. (whomever "you" is supposed to be)

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Thu May 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Comrade wrote:Since 47% of the adult population in this country pay no income tax at all it is UNLIKELY that defense spending is making "you" poor.

So if you run up a credit card bill but have an agreement with the credit card company that you don't have to make any payments for ten years, does that mean you have no debt?

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Thu May 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Answer to Average Joe. There is no such arrangement possible with credit card companies of which I am aware. I suggest you consider the ramifications of living in the reality that I mentioned.

If you are intending to imply that Congress is doing this for us, then I would agree with you and suggest that you remove your representatives.

If you think that they are making you poor, then by all means you should remove them. If they vote how you like, but do not prevail, then you should replace them with more effective advocates for your position.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Thu May 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Comrade wrote:Since 47% of the adult population in this country pay no income tax at all it is UNLIKELY that defense spending is making "you" poor.

This figure is false

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Thu May 27, 2010 11:23 pm

If you had understood what I wrote, it would be clear to you that you are indeed helping to prove my point. The semantics of how you define WHO pays HOW MUCH is irrelevant. However, go back and consider how being consumed with hate allows one to be blinded by partisanship and how this allows the public to remain to be badly served.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri May 28, 2010 8:15 am

Maybe you could expand on that for me. I understand it's difficult to explain things to someone as dense as I am and I'll forgive you for refusing with disdain, but I don't understand what point you're making by using a false partisan talking point, given by you as if it were fact, to decry partisanship.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri May 28, 2010 8:33 am

Comrade wrote:If you had understood what I wrote, it would be clear to you that you are indeed helping to prove my point. The semantics of how you define WHO pays HOW MUCH is irrelevant. However, go back and consider how being consumed with hate allows one to be blinded by partisanship and how this allows the public to remain to be badly served.

Yay! More verbal gymnastics from a rightwing mental midget!

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Fri May 28, 2010 10:22 am

Rabble, Sadly, I am at a loss to expand on this for you. I simply do not know how to bring sight to the blind. I am not putting you (or anyone else down). If you cannot see, then you cannot see. You will not realize until after the fact what has occured. Such is the nature of an accident-by definition. Surely, if you could recognize a train wreck in the making, you would get off the train. I am one of the people that tried to warn you, but could not make you see. I deeply regret that.

wack wack--childish name calling is not productive for anyone. You comment is very reminicent of what goes on at the playground sandbox.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri May 28, 2010 10:42 am

Not backing up your completely irrelevant statement isn't "taking the high road" it's "losing the argument". Whatever nonsense you're spouting off about hate has nothing to do with the discussion. Somehow in your incoherent rambling I get the idea that you oppose this plan. Care to tell us why? I know we're all too blind to understand your deep and thoughtful positions on this but give it a try.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri May 28, 2010 10:55 am

I promise to boycott the U.S. military and from now on I'll buy all my cruise missles and MREs from the co-op.

The U.S. Military doesn't sell cruise missiles. Well at least not since Reagan left office.

Return to “National Politics & Government”