Whites Only Pool in 2009?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Whites Only Pool in 2009?

Postby Jazznews » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Jim Crow revisited...

A group of 60 campers in Philadelphia went swimming at a private pool and when the minority children got in the pool all the caucasian kids got out. The pool attendants told the black children that they didn't allow minorities there and told them to leave. The camp had paid $1900 to the swim club for the privilege of swimming there. The club suspended their membership and said they'd refund the money.

...Campers remain unsure why they're no longer welcome.

"They just kicked us out. And we were about to go. Had our swim things and everything," said camper Simer Burwell.

The explanation they got was either dishearteningly honest or poorly worded.

"There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion … and the atmosphere of the club," John Duesler, President of The Valley Swim Club said in a statement.

While the parents await an apology, the camp is scrambling to find a new place for the kids to beat the summer heat...
Philadelphia

Here's a petition to be sent to Valley Club, for anyone interested in taking action.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Whites Only Pool in 2009?

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Philly: another Democrat stronghold. Reminds me of Wallace's Alabama, Byrd's West Virginia and Wright/Obama's church.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Philly: another Democrat stronghold. Reminds me of Wallace's Alabama, Byrd's West Virginia and Wright/Obama's church.

Sounds more like the Republican Whitefish Bay I grew up in, or maybe Ned's own Maple Bluff of old.

Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:24 am

Ned Flanders wrote:... Wright/Obama's church.

That's a white-only church? :shock:
I didn't know Chicago was all white. Gee, the things you learn here on the forums!

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:32 am

Jazznews wrote:

I didn't know Chicago was all white. Gee, the things you learn here on the forums!

Hate and racism can take may forms.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 am

Well, you can't blame Ned for trying. If he can successfully tie all things Wright to all things Obama, he may be able to show that Obama hates white people. If successful, this will surely cost Obama the election.

Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:38 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
Jazznews wrote:

Hate and racism can take may forms.

In other words you're okay with the black kids being kicked out of the pool?

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:47 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Hate and racism can take may forms.

I thought May brought flowers...not forms? :shock:
What the hell are you talking about?
Ned-dles you are like this old forty-five record I have...you have this obnoxious scratch/groove about you that keeps replaying the same thing over and over and over..."Bryd,Wallace,Bryd,Wallace,Bryd,Wallace,Bryd,Wallace,Bryd,

You trying to link Dems to racism is like me trying to link my penis to Elizabeth Hasselbitch...it ain't gonna happen!

Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:54 am

I'm reminded of public pools shut down in my hometown of Nashville in the 1960s lest there be "the problems" associated with integration.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:58 am

Jazznews wrote:In other words you're okay with the black kids being kicked out of the pool?

Absolutey not. Just making sure everyone is familiar with the setting of this event before Jackson and Sharpton descend.

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 am

Ned Flanders wrote: Just making sure everyone is familiar with the setting of this event before Jackson and Sharpton descend.

Here's the setting Ned-dles....
Mostly white private club...
65 low-income mostly black campers...
Scared white club members...
One stupid private club president...
One big pool of racists assholes who pay big money to surround themselves with other people with money.
Jackson and Sharpton should be there. To see that this shit doesn't happen again. It's 2009 Ned-dles, you can hate whom ever you want
but when people "see" and experience this blatant racism don't be shocked when people who've fought for civil rights get in your face!
This lame-ass excuse that the club wasn't equipped to handle this many campers...bullshit! They had a deal/contract and knew exactly how many little swimmers were to attend. What they didn't know was how completely fucking racist it's members were! It took complaints to get the kids out. Capt. Dumbshit Complexion president was told either get the "blacks" out or they wanted their membership $ back. That's your setting Ned-dles!

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:37 am

Those swimmers were wearing low-rise trunks and listening to Snoop on their aqua-headphones and we know that this can only lead to swim crime.

Return to “National Politics & Government”