Madison Tea Party particulars

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Madison Tea Party particulars

Postby Bad Gradger » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:34 pm

GODDOG wrote:Cap Times just posted this pic.

Now I'm even more confused.

Meanwhile, the AP is busy minimizing the groundswell of their revolution:
Hundreds attend tax day protest at State Capitol

Hundreds? I was told there would be tens of hundreds!

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:36 pm

sydgrl wrote:muslin

Strong reference. Nice!

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:38 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Also weak sauce Cap Times. That photo is AP and not from Madison. Couldn't they send someone down to take one of their own? Or are they being taxed so much they can't afford to?

umm... it is from Madison. I know the guy behind the old man in red towards the forefront of the picture. He's a maintenance man for one of the property companies in town. It may have been shot by and AP photographer.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Are you sure? It's up on yahoo with this captio:
Protestors take part in a tea party demonstration, Wednesday, April 15, 2009, in Lafayette Park, across from the White House in Washington.
(AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Anti-tax- ... ce820cb3f7

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:44 pm

AaronTheSnob wrote:
At any rate, these protests actually have little to do with taxes, it's all about hatred for Obama. Where were they over the past 8 years when Bush was running up the biggest deficits this country has ever seen?

Exactly. It took FIVE AND A HALF FREAKIN' YEARS before Bush vetoed a single spending bill, and that was on stem cells, which had everything to do with religion and nothing to do with spending.

Where was the outrage then? From now on, when discussing the born-agains in the Republican Party, you'll have to clarify the meaning.

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 pm

God damn Fisty...good find. I'm gonna let this guy know his twin brother is a dick. I didn't think he "hung" with the "teabagging" crowd. :lol:

donges
Forum God/Goddess

Postby donges » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Save the Rich?
Save the Tax Havens?

What am I missing here?
I realize that is probably what they are really saying today, but isn't this a bit less subtle than it should be?

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Please navigate your web browser to my blog, where I have created a handy ID chart for your neighborhood teabaggers.

http://tinyurl.com/teabagID

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:02 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Please navigate your web browser to my blog, where I have created a handy ID chart for your neighborhood teabaggers.

http://tinyurl.com/teabagID

pure genius! I thought i saw a Hispanic!

donges
Forum God/Goddess

Postby donges » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:03 pm

TheBookPolice wrote: a handy ID chart for your neighborhood teabaggers.

Excellent.

Jattpw
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jattpw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Not a single one of them had a fricken tea bag! I went to walgreens and bought a soda.

admin
Forum Addict

Postby admin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:22 pm

The trees around the Capitol haven't bloomed like those in the AP photo.

For pics of the Madison rally, see here: http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=25620

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Anybody hear what our "pretty pretty" republican had to say? Does it matter....isn't he just a dreamboat? And HEY! who's that on his right?

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArturoBandini » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:04 pm

While I don't really understand what the express purpose of these rallies is, I don't think that all of these concerns are without value.

The only comeback I've been hearing is some variation on "Where were you tax protestors during the Bush Administration?", including a few tack-ons about military contractors or the initial stages of the finance/insurance bailouts. This is a political dodge of the real issue, which is something that we shouldn't push aside. The sign that read "Congress is enslaving our children with debt" - that's nonpartisan, and completely true.

You can argue hypocrisy among the partisan rabble that assembled at the Square, but that does absolutely nothing to solve our fiscal problems, which have deep roots in both parties. The Bush administration made the problems much worse, with year after year of record setting deficits (including plenty of terrible military spending). However, has Obama not just taken Bush's fiscal policy and run with it? Obama has expanded spending at nearly every turn - especially when considering the financial bailouts and stimulus. How can Shrub's $70b finance bailout and $150b stimulus package be ignoble projects, while Obama's nearly identical actions (at ten times the price tag) be completely defensible? Are you folks happy with the way that Obama/Geithner/Bernanke are handling things?

How many of you are white men, too? I am a white man. If you took a random photographic cross section of Wisconsin, how likely would a photograph of 20 of these people contain only one or two minorities? 90% of Wisconsin residents are white people. Care to demonstrate how the people in your teabagID photograph are lacking racial diversity any more than a random sample? Gender-segregated, yes (50.3% of WI is female - where are they?)

More women in this picture - but how many minorities can you find? Five? Ten?

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:07 pm

The picture I captioned was from Washington, D.C.

And I see one real important minority in your picture, AB. Kinda loses the zing when you consider the implications of your picture vs. mine, don't you think? If you need extra emphasis, direct your peepers to the partially-obscured sign in the upper right-hand corner of my pic. Wonder what kind of mentality would go there for a tax protest.

Return to “National Politics & Government”