HA-HA, RINO is going to screw GOP.

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

HA-HA, RINO is going to screw GOP.

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:53 am

Rumors floating around the internet tubes is that Republican Senator Arlen Specter is preparing to flip parties to the Democratic side of the aisle, mostly because the party of the circular firing squad is planning on putting up a primary challenge against Specter because he voted for the Obama stimulus bill. Specter was a member of the Democratic party but switched the mid '60's to the GOP. I'm betting he will change party affiliation shortly after Senator-elect Al Franken is seated, giving the Democratic Senators a super-majority.

Link

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Re: HA-HA, RINO is going to screw GOP.

Postby nevermore » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:12 pm

He should prove his worth to the Democratic Party by switching now, thereby being useful when the remaining GOP Senators try to block the eventual seating of Franken.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:18 pm

I agree. I hope he brings Senators Collins and Snowe along with him. Make it official that there are no longer any moderates in the Republican party.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:03 am

Well, that was a nice idea. Unfortunately, Specter went the opposite way.

He's now opposing EFCA, which says he's decided to fight it out and try to win the GOP primary. Specter was the only GOP senator who had previously supported EFCA, so this is a bit disappointing.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:57 pm

For the record, the rumors floating around the internet tubes were right, but he should of flipped before EFCA.

One down, two more to go with Collins and Snowe.

Daisy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Daisy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:41 pm

nevermore wrote:He should prove his worth to the Democratic Party by switching now, thereby being useful when the remaining GOP Senators try to block the eventual seating of Franken.
I'm kinda fond on the suggestion floated on Kos today: Dems should hold off on the organizational vote (thereby letting Specter keep his committee seats on the GOP's tab) until Franken is seated.

Return to “National Politics & Government”