Tripp Palin

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Genie
Forum God/Goddess

Tripp Palin

Postby Genie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:13 am

Sarah Palin is a grandma:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska – The daughter of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has given birth to a son, a magazine reported Monday.

Bristol Palin, 18, gave birth to Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston on Saturday, People magazine reported online. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces. ...
Yahoo

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Tripp Palin

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:48 am

Named in honor of the paternal grandmother.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:30 am

GILF!

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 am

Grandma Johnston just got picked up for trying to buy some Oxy.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:40 am

Let's recap lil' Tripps Family Tree.

Mother is un-wed 18 year old Bristol.
Father is High School drop out and former hockey player (and racist).
Grandpa Palin is a secessionist.
Grandma Johnston is a drug addict.
and finally Grandma Palin was candidate for VP of the US of A.

Poor kid is doomed to lead the RNC for decades the way I see it. That is of course if he can get that Bachelors in Journalism from some reputable college like Idaho State.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:57 am

Ned Flanders wrote:GILF!

Gross!

cxl01
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cxl01 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:10 pm

jjoyce wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:GILF!

Gross!

Speaking of Grandma Palin...
Did you catch Sunday's Parade Magazine cover photo?
Leave it to Parade Magazine to find the worst photo of her (after how many glamor shots available?) for their cover.

Ever notice how Parade Magazine is always about six months behind the news cycle?

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:56 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Named in honor of the paternal grandmother.

Holy shit, 80 milligram oxy? She must be in a world of hurt.

Genie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Genie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:58 pm

Maybe he's named after his "Godfather" (Tripp means Vladimir in English):

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:40 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Grandma Johnston is a drug addict.

She should have bought some cocaine from Roger Clinton instead! :)

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:42 pm

Or some Oxy from Rush or maybe some meth from Pastor McGaysexwithaprostitue. We can go back and forth all day. When did Bill run on traditional family values?

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:15 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Or some Oxy from Rush or maybe some meth from Pastor McGaysexwithaprostitue. We can go back and forth all day. When did Bill run on traditional family values?

Here's a start:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Bill_C ... ildren.htm

He gave plenty of lip service to "family values" in his 1992 acceptance speech... but I guess we'd have to define "traditional." I think he expanded his version of family values to includes some things outside of the "traditional traditional." He certainly included gay rights under his "family values" umbrella, I'll give him credit for that-- although there is that "defense of marriage act" that he signed....

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:19 pm

He gave plenty of lip service to "family values" in his 1992 acceptance speech...

Didn't know your acceptance speech was considered "running on" oh well.

He certainly included gay rights under his "family values" umbrella, I'll give him credit for that-- although there is that "defense of marriage act" that he signed....

So what you're saying is Democrats have actually done more to prevent gay marriage than Republicans in the last 20 years. Then why do all the homophobic bible bangers continue to vote for the Rebupes? I'd feel a little betrayed if i were a bigot.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:44 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
He gave plenty of lip service to "family values" in his 1992 acceptance speech...

Didn't know your acceptance speech was considered "running on" oh well.

He certainly included gay rights under his "family values" umbrella, I'll give him credit for that-- although there is that "defense of marriage act" that he signed....

So what you're saying is Democrats have actually done more to prevent gay marriage than Republicans in the last 20 years. Then why do all the homophobic bible bangers continue to vote for the Rebupes? I'd feel a little betrayed if i were a bigot.

Have you watched any political conventions? (I won't blame you if you haven't.) They're nothing BUT political infomercials. I remember when the conventions had at least a bit of suspense. One didn't know who the nominee would be weeks in advance.

No, I didn't make any statements about Democrats as a group. I simply briefly discussed one person, Bill Clinton. I think there's plenty of people to blame in both parties for the failure to achieve equal rights for gays. You've got one group who is anti-gay as hell, and then another group who say they support gay rights, but don't have the balls to stand up to the bigots.

Interestingly, I understand the then-Republican (Bob Barr) who was the primary author of the Defense of Marriage Act has since repudiated some of it's provisions. No surprise there, since he ran as the Libertarian candidate.

Clinton was semi-ball-less when he instituted the "don't ask, don't tell" policy in the military. When I showed up in Germany in 1974 my first roommate in the Army there was gay and he had been stripped of his security clearance when the Army began to suspect it after he was raped by a German guy after he had passed out drunk. So, instead of continuing to do the job he was trained to do (Russian interrogator) he found himself handing out toilet paper in the supply room. He was absolutely no security risk. When I become President (and I'm counting on your vote, fisti) that bullshit would end on my first day in office, and any general who didn't like it would be fired.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Awww. Some common ground to bring in the new year. Couldn't agree with you more. Clinton set gay rights back a decade at least. Obama doesn't seem to want to do anything more than that either but hey its just one issue and while I think it's important and the right thing to do (extend marriage rights, get rid of dont ask dont tell) I think there are much bigger fish to fry right now.

Return to “National Politics & Government”