More Immigration Insanity

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:07 pm

The Tolerator wrote:When the usage is correct, as is mine, it does not drain meaning.

Exhibit

definition: Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs.

From your post we might expect that people like you care about humans, when in fact, you care little about humans and are even willing to allow their destruction as they develop and are most vulnerable.

Or, alternately, from out of nowhere you fabricated a whole chain of unsupportable assumptions and posited it as the unquestionable truth.

From your post we might expect that all further postings from you will betray the same paucity of honesty and understanding.

But it does help underscore the irony of expecting someone who doesn't understand the meaning of 'ironical' to recognize his misuse of 'irony.'

If anyone wants to digram the post-modernity of that sentence, have at it.

Mike S.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mike S. » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:06 pm

I somewhat regret that my use of one colorful phrase has distracted attention away from a moderate and fairly elaborate set of ideas that I put forward, but I suppose there was a certain pearls-and-swine issue there anyway. I find it funny that some people here take such exception to a little insensitivity on my part, when the theoretical legal status quo is not merely insensitivity to illegal aliens but arrest, detention, and deportation. The fact remains that the illegal aliens are dumping (dare I say littering?) an inordinately large number of children on overstrained public welfare and education programs. Unlike some other contributors here, I do not mean to suggest that these children should be in any way legally or racially inferior to any other Americans, but we still have a crisis when you start trying to figure out who pays for it all.

My solutions were intended to stress the idea that there are alternatives to INS-style enforcement, whether you think that enforcement is excessively cruel or whether you think it doesn't happen enough to matter (or both). Improving conditions for the poor in Central America, strengthening the peso, and expanding legal immigration could take a huge chunk out of the problem, and seriously enforcing high minimum wages while vigorously tackling crime by illegal aliens could finish it off.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:00 am

Marvell wrote:
The Tolerator wrote:When the usage is correct, as is mine, it does not drain meaning.

Exhibit

definition: Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs.

From your post we might expect that people like you care about humans, when in fact, you care little about humans and are even willing to allow their destruction as they develop and are most vulnerable.

Or, alternately, from out of nowhere you fabricated a whole chain of unsupportable assumptions and posited it as the unquestionable truth.

From your post we might expect that all further postings from you will betray the same paucity of honesty and understanding.

But it does help underscore the irony of expecting someone who doesn't understand the meaning of 'ironical' to recognize his misuse of 'irony.'

If anyone wants to digram the post-modernity of that sentence, have at it.

Marvell,

Maybe you could enroll in some writing and critical thinking classes at the community college that granted you your associates degree. They clearly didn't finish the job. And as my aunt would say, "that is the most ironical part."

Good luck

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:04 pm

The Tolerator wrote:A bunch of ad hominem crap.

Dear The Tolerator,

I'll clue you in on something - just because you said it, doesn't make it true.

Repeat as needed.

peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:55 pm

And the reason they bring abortion into the story is so they can say that leaving real little children without their parents or a real safety net is a much more moral choice than removing a fertilized egg from a woman's body (of course maybe there is an illegal adoption ring in the mix too...easily saleable children with parents who have no rights in the matter)

Return to “National Politics & Government”