More Immigration Insanity

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Mike S. wrote:You could give any woman (and her husband?) a free pass to citizenship if she manages to drop a litter inside U.S. territory, but is that the path to citizenship we want to create?

Nope, no racism there.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
"Always heartwarming to see a prejudice defeated by an even deeper prejudice." - Mikey, Lone Star

Another bizarre, Orwellian response.

Orwellian?
Talk about bizarre ...

Mike S.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mike S. » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:54 am

One other idea I failed to mention: living wage ordinances could fight illegal immigration. After all, that's what gets everyone mad anyway - they work for low wages! A community can't enforce immigration law or decide who's a citizen, but it can crack down on people who hire workers for three dollars an hour without verifying who those workers are. If a company has to pay seven dollars an hour to hire someone to wash a car there are plenty of American kids to compete with the illegals.

P.S. No Marvell, no racism. The U.S. and other countries with a high standard of living generally have low birth rates, while those in desperate straits from which illegal immigrants usually come have high birth rates. Every race has some country with a high birth rate and high poverty, so it's clearly not racist to point that out. (I am not sure whether low birth rate is a cause or a consequence of wealth, but that's irrelevant for now)

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:55 am

Mike S. wrote:P.S. No Marvell, no racism.

"Drop a litter" = no racism?

Then you won't mind if I ask what sister-fucking, cracker-ass holler you crawled out of, honkey?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Mike S. wrote:P.S. No Marvell, no racism. The U.S. and other countries with a high standard of living generally have low birth rates, while those in desperate straits from which illegal immigrants usually come have high birth rates. Every race has some country with a high birth rate and high poverty, so it's clearly not racist to point that out. (I am not sure whether low birth rate is a cause or a consequence of wealth, but that's irrelevant for now)

But Mike, Zell Miller says that a low birth rate due to abortion is the cause of all our nation's woes! So shouldn't we be eager for all those little brown babies you so curiously decry?

Mike S.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mike S. » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:19 pm

I'm sick of you claiming it's racist to be annoyed by the number of children left on the public doorstep, especially when the problems this creates are what the original article is all about. If anyone here is bigoted it's those of you who want all gay or unattached immigrants to wait in a line that never moves while you want anybody who can sneak into the U.S. and produce a baby on U.S. soil to get absolute preference over them, regardless of any other qualification. I'll grant the babies get citizenship as per the constitution and you couldn't have it any other way, but the parents are another matter.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:28 pm

Yeah, gay immigrants are obviously a big complicating factor.

Mike, read carefully: "L I T T E R" is not a polite term when referring to children of an ethnic heritage not your own. In fact, it's just plain rude in any context.

THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN WE SAY "RACIST."

Mike S.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mike S. » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:35 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Yeah, gay immigrants are obviously a big complicating factor.

Mike, read carefully: "L I T T E R" is not a polite term when referring to children of an ethnic heritage not your own. In fact, it's just plain rude in any context.

THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN WE SAY "RACIST."

YOU read carefully. Illegal immigration is an action, not an ethnic group. Many groups have overcome obstacles of discrimination and are protected from racism and bigotry - blacks, Hispanics, Irish, Asians, women, veterans, and homosexuals (though it sounds like you don't care about that last one). But people who break the law is not a group with hard-won rights under the constitution. And criticizing the problems that illegal immigrants cause, or making statements on average about what problems they tend to create, is no more bigoted than saying that drug dealers act like so and such.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Simpletons like Book Police and Ground Chuck think they can silence people by screaming "racism". Truth be told there are some Irish illegals that deserve the same fate as illegal Mexicans and Central-Americans, the largest grould of illegal aliens.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Simpletons like Book Police and Ground Chuck think they can silence people by screaming "racism".
And simpletons like you and Mike are incapable of understanding that applying the term "litter" to human children is disgusting. So, although I agree you weren't being racist, Mike (because, as usual, you were addressing something in its broadest terms, rather than actually examining the real world), you were still being a tremendous jerk. But not a racist. You should be proud.

Can we move on now?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Mike S. wrote:YOU read carefully. Illegal immigration is an action, not an ethnic group. But people who break the law is not a group with hard-won rights under the constitution. And criticizing the problems that illegal immigrants cause, or making statements on average about what problems they tend to create, is no more bigoted than saying that drug dealers act like so and such.

Fine. You're not being racist. You're being a demeaning, insulting turd.

You can criticize people for breaking a law. That's fine. But they are still people, as opposed to pack animals, and to use phrases like "drop a litter" demeans the humanity of those people. You can criticize me for being touchy-feely or something, but I seem to recall a certain pivotal American document that affirms the inalienable human rights of everyone, and what you said was in poor taste.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:55 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
Mike S. wrote:YOU read carefully. Illegal immigration is an action, not an ethnic group. But people who break the law is not a group with hard-won rights under the constitution. And criticizing the problems that illegal immigrants cause, or making statements on average about what problems they tend to create, is no more bigoted than saying that drug dealers act like so and such.

Fine. You're not being racist. You're being a demeaning, insulting turd.

You can criticize people for breaking a law. That's fine. But they are still people, as opposed to pack animals, and to use phrases like "drop a litter" demeans the humanity of those people. You can criticize me for being touchy-feely or something, but I seem to recall a certain pivotal American document that affirms the inalienable human rights of everyone, and what you said was in poor taste.

The irony here is that TBP and Charlie are acting so offended about referring to babies as litters, and they are probably both the same type of people that a few months before birth could refer to a baby as inconvenient tissue.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:03 pm

The Tolerator wrote:The irony here is that TBP and Charlie are acting so offended about referring to babies as litters, and they are probably both the same type of people that a few months before birth could refer to a baby as inconvenient tissue.

So now 'irony' means 'invoking right-to-life strawmen?'

What's ironic is that 'ironic' has been so completely drained of meaning through ignorant overuse.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:16 pm

Marvell wrote:
The Tolerator wrote:The irony here is that TBP and Charlie are acting so offended about referring to babies as litters, and they are probably both the same type of people that a few months before birth could refer to a baby as inconvenient tissue.

So now 'irony' means 'invoking right-to-life strawmen?'

What's ironic is that 'ironic' has been so completely drained of meaning through ignorant overuse.

When the usage is correct, as is mine, it does not drain meaning.

Exhibit

definition: Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs.

From your post we might expect that people like you care about humans, when in fact, you care little about humans and are even willing to allow their destruction as they develop and are most vulnerable.

Irony was correctly used, and then you tried to change the subject by suggesting it was not. No straw man was offered or appeared except as part of your typical lefty diversion from the point.

The further discussion of the topic of the irony would be better suited on a new thread that I have no interest in starting. Do you?

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:17 pm

Taking no sides here but C'mon, a whole page decrying the use of the term "litter"? BFD.

We throw insults and bad taste around here like johnny throwing appleseeds. I took it in a humorous way which I think is what he intended. Maybe "shit out a kid" would have been more PC.

Return to “National Politics & Government”