Ann Althouse: Making us proud

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:08 am

SombreroFallout wrote:But it resembles George Will the other day, reacting to blogging, new media, and Time's picking YOU as Man of the Year: ~ "blogging is devoted to the notion that what you feel is of interest to every last person on the planet . . ."

Yeah every now and then I find myself in accord with Will. Couldn't agree more on this one.

Seriously, JJ, enlighten me: What was the "holy crap" intended to convey? Okay, so perhaps most of the idiots in the world aren't out there blogging (yet), but you're not really going to suggest that quality eclipses quantity in this arena of "new media" are you? Help me out ... what did I miss?

Life is way to fuckin' short for me to go hunting for entertaining blogs in that vast detrital sea of dreck ... which is why I'm glad to stumble across the occasional link to something truly novel and/or entertaining in these here threads.

AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:41 pm

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Althouse is the gift that keeps on giving. She's a never-ending source of amusement, nearly all of it unintentional. She really is a local treasure, even if she's incapable of understanding why.

"Just because I write blog posts that are so inane and bereft of thought they'll make you bang your head against a concrete wall, hard, doesn't mean that I can't write something as pointed and moving as anything Shakespeare ever drafted. I just choose not to."

I'd love to see one of her students write something like that in a blue book in response to an exam question and hand it in. What sort of grade do you suppose it would get?

SombreroFallout
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SombreroFallout » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:31 am

'parently the fur flies when believers step outta line.

http://atrios.blogspot.com/2006_12_31_atrios_archive.html#116778304361888090

AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:38 pm

SombreroFallout wrote:'parently the fur flies when believers step outta line.

Uh, that's not what's happening here.

SombreroFallout
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SombreroFallout » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:25 am

AlphaLiberal wrote:
SombreroFallout wrote:'parently the fur flies when believers step outta line.

Uh, that's not what's happening here.

Did I imply otherwise?

AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:41 pm

Yet more evidence that Ann Althouse and the other wingnuts desperately pushing the "troops hate Kerry" theme are full of shit:

"If there were empty seats it's because we sought them out. We wanted an empty table so we could talk. It's that simple." http://electioncentral.tpmcafe.com/blog ... _witnesses

AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:15 pm

I meant to post this image of the Perfessor suffering Kerry derangement syndrome.

AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:40 am

Here's an update UW's Ann Althouse.

Ann peddles yet another right wing fiction. This time, Ann peddles a false Drudge story bashing Hillary Clinton.

And, get this, she does this shortly before she criticizes the Capital Times for what she says is their inaccurate coverage of UW Law School Professor Kaplan.

I've posted this observation to Althouse's blog under both threads. Prediction: She will respond with derision when proved, again, to be peddling right wing falsehoods as yet one more echo chamber.

At the rate she's going, she'll need to count her blogging time as in-kind campaign contribiutions to the Republican Party.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:09 am

What's false? Hillary did affect a "ridiculous southern accent". Is she gonna do "Gilbert Wooley" next time she visits a bunch of Asian-Americans?

I getting the sinking feeling that she may not be the "smartest woman in America" after all.

DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DrAwkward » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:43 am

Ned Flanders wrote:I getting

Glass houses, Ned...

AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:10 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:What's false? Hillary did affect a "ridiculous southern accent". Is she gonna do "Gilbert Wooley" next time she visits a bunch of Asian-Americans?

Read much? This was explained in another thread where you posted. But you're a stubborn liar, like most Republicans.

The lie is that she was affecting southern speech when she was reading aloud someone else's words, written so.

Lies. It's all you Repubclians have left.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:18 pm

AlphaLiberal wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:What's false? Hillary did affect a "ridiculous southern accent". Is she gonna do "Gilbert Wooley" next time she visits a bunch of Asian-Americans?

Read much? This was explained in another thread where you posted. But you're a stubborn liar, like most Republicans.

The lie is that she was affecting southern speech when she was reading aloud someone else's words, written so.

Lies. It's all you Repubclians have left.

So you're arguing that the words had an Al Jolson-in-drag lilt embedded in them?

Makes sense to me :lol:

AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:30 pm

You're the one who brings up Jolson. Is that con humor? I need to ask because it's so easy to miss.

Here's some of the text, Mr. Liar:
"I don't feel no ways tired..I come too far from where I started from...Nobody told me that the road would be easy...I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me."

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:37 pm

AlphaLiberal wrote:You're the one who brings up Jolson. Is that con humor? I need to ask because it's so easy to miss.

Here's some of the text, Mr. Liar:
"I don't feel no ways tired..I come too far from where I started from...Nobody told me that the road would be easy...I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me."

Yeah, so? If I read those lines aloud they wouldn't be in a Southern accent. If you read, say, the Irish blessing out loud would in be in a brogue?

Do you go to an Italian restaurant and order in a fake Italian accent?

Silliness.

Return to “National Politics & Government”