Got Obama fatigue yet?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:16 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Yeah, I'm sure the gay black film critic who wrote that op ed piece is all about forcing people to conform to societal standards.

Shhhhhhhhh ... I don't think Ned had figured out the author is black yet. It's waaay funnier that way.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:23 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:
Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Yeah, I'm sure the gay black film critic who wrote that op ed piece is all about forcing people to conform to societal standards.

Shhhhhhhhh ... I don't think Ned had figured out the author is black yet.

Sure he did.
Don't forget: Al Sharpton, dude. Al fucking Sharpton.
Case closed.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:34 pm

nutria wrote:.... the best resource is probably a middle-class white guy who lives in suburban Minnesota.

Tool.

More racism, this time against the last group it is okay to abuse.

Nutria is probably a self-hating middle-class white guy/gal who lives in suburban Wisconsin. But Nutria's problem is that s/he feels guilty about it.

Toolette

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Yeah ... poor Whitey.

Get over yourself, Cracker.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:50 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote: Actually the column is yet another frightening peeking into the liberal mind in relation to labeling blacks who don't "conform".

Yeah, I'm sure the gay black film critic who wrote that op ed piece is all about forcing people to conform to societal standards. :roll:

Shhhhhhhhhhh Waggy thinks that the values of Democratic party are the same as societal standards.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Again, attacking 'ol Neddy might make some of the feeble-minded here feel better, but it doesn't counter my arguement. Namely that blacks who stray from the plantation are slapped down hard by self-appointed "black leaders" and the nervous white leftists who depend on these "leaders" to deliver the votes and the "victims" to parade in front of the brain-dead media.

It happened to Rice, Powell and Steele. And I'm not talking about legitimate political diagreements. I'm talking about the most vile kinds of name-calling and personal attacks.

And to set the record straight, I live in Minneapolis proper which is more racially diverse than lilly-white Madison could ever hope to be.

The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:01 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Yeah ... poor Whitey.

Get over yourself, Cracker.

let's see how this sounds the otherway around.

Nutria writes

Brilliant, cutting analysis. I was just thinking the other day that when I want some info on race relations in America, the best resource is probably a brutha who lives in da'hood.

Chuck writes

Yeah...poor darky

Get over yourself, (the word that is illegal at the Comedy Store or was it the Laugh Factory)

Hmm. Which is racist? Both? Neither?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:10 pm

Tolerator, I think Chuck's comment of sarcastic sympathy for Whitey was directed at you, Lily.

And boys and girls, Ned's referring to the rhetorically dubious Oreo incident when he namedrops the otherwise-uninteresting Michael Steele (most recently in the news for his failure to win a Senate race). As for Powell, it's downright honorable, nevermind defensible, in Ned's world that Powell went against his own better judgment and parroted the trumped-up claims of mobile weapons labs in Iraq before the UN. And Condi...well, seeing Spamalot in New York while New Orleans drowned is a perfectly acceptable way to spend one's time in the world according to Ned.

Notice that neither of these criticisms touch in any way on the ethnic background of any of those criticized.
Last edited by TheBookPolice on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Ned Flanders wrote: ... but it doesn't counter my arguement.

Again, herein lies the problem, you feeble-minded twit: YOU DIDN'T MAKE AN ARGUMENT! You quoted a stupid article, failed to add your usual inane remarks and left us to wonder whether you agreed with the sentiment or not.

Frankly, that article was so poorly articulated (it reads like something produced by a thousand ADHD kindergarteners at a thousand Selectrics) I couldn't discern the author's intent, much less your reaction to it.

You're a twerp, dude. Why do you care what "the Left" or anyone else thinks of Obama anyway? Surely you're not conceding that the guy has any chance against the monumental lineup of adulterers and washed-up AARP rejects your side has mounted for the next campaign. Right?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:18 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Tolerator, I think Chuck's comment of sarcastic sympathy for Whitey was directed at you, Lily.

And boys and girls, Ned's referring to the rhetorically dubious Oreo incident when he namedrops the otherwise-uninteresting Michael Steele (most recently in the news for his failure to win a Senate race). As for Powell, it's downright honorable, nevermind defensible, in Ned's world that Powell went against his own better judgment and parroted the trumped-up claims of mobile weapons labs in Iraq before the UN. And Condi...well, shoe-shopping while New Orleans drowned is a perfectly acceptable way to spend one's time in the world according to Ned.

Notice that neither of these criticisms touch in any way on the ethnic background of any of those criticized.

I urge those who are interested to do their own research on how the left has treated Colin Powell, Condi Rice and Michael Steele among others.

And Bookie's flippant forgiveness for said treatment just strengthens my argument. Thanks Bookie.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:31 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:I urge those who are interested to do their own research on how the left has treated Colin Powell, Condi Rice and Michael Steele among others.

And Bookie's flippant forgiveness for said treatment just strengthens my argument. Thanks Bookie.

I didn't forgive "racist" treatment. I explained criticism. Harsh criticism, even, considering how many people have died because the trustworthy Colin Powell pulled the wool over the nation's eyes, and how many people died because of the lackadaisical response to Katrina that Condi exemplifies.

Steele's just a wanna-be politico. I don't think he's done anything really terrible, I just know that the Oreo thing is so questionable and unlikely as to be meaningless in a discussion about treatment based on "race."

AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:30 pm

Damn! This is a monster thread!

Return to “National Politics & Government”