Do you support the HR 4437 proposal?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Do you support or against H.R. 4437?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:37 pm

Against It Completely, Let them Be!
40%
Support what HR 4437 proposes, its only right
7%
Against all Illegal Immigration Period!
47%
This is the Land of the Free, let everyone in
7%

Total votes: 15

VintageGirl

Do you support the HR 4437 proposal?

Postby VintageGirl » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:37 pm

vealed
Last edited by VintageGirl on Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mudduck
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mudduck » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Give them a 1-way ticket to Mexico City.

femhalo
Forum Addict

Postby femhalo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:54 pm

mudduck wrote:Give them a 1-way ticket to Mexico City.

Amen to that.

GetAGrip
Forum Addict

Postby GetAGrip » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:58 pm

Immigrants, legal or not, are some of the hardest working people in this country. I'll gladly exhange a union member for an immigrant any day. Productivity in this country would skyrocket.

2-for-1 specials apply if the one we ship out is also a government employee.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:35 pm

Texas, as well as parts of New Mexico, Arizona and California, used to be parts of the country of Mexico. It is assinine to think the solution is to send them back to Mexico. Mexico is and always will be part of the fabric that makes up the current United States. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I know for sure the solution is not reactionary racism.

mudduck
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mudduck » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:47 pm

white_rabbit wrote:Texas, as well as parts of New Mexico, Arizona and California, used to be parts of the country of Mexico. It is assinine to think the solution is to send them back to Mexico. Mexico is and always will be part of the fabric that makes up the current United States. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I know for sure the solution is not reactionary racism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_War

Is it too much to ask for grace in defeat?

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:30 pm

You tell us, tiny.

Same for you, jandg.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:37 pm

mudduck wrote:
Is it too much to ask for grace in defeat?

Coming from an corpulent, sex-deprived ambulance chaser with too much time on his hands, I'd assume you're the most experienced foron to answer that question.

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:54 pm

I can't wait for the Indian tribes of this country to band together and enact legislation to kick us out, too--after all, we're illegal immigrants as well.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:48 pm

meowzamusic wrote:I can't wait for the Indian tribes of this country to band together and enact legislation to kick us out, too--after all, we're illegal immigrants as well.

Yeah, but we speak English. Just like God does.

Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Do you support HR 4437?

Postby Lily » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:39 pm

Ducatista wrote:
meowzamusic wrote:I can't wait for the Indian tribes of this country to band together and enact legislation to kick us out, too--after all, we're illegal immigrants as well.

Yeah, but we speak English. Just like God does.

Yes, SHE certainly does. ; )

Okay, hot topic. But an important one. I don't think it's right that people come here illegally and gain access to benefits, jobs, etc., BUT on the other hand when you look at what they have going in Mexico and South America I think there are serious grounds for discussion. The Mexican government is not taking this seriously. Why should they? They ship their people up here, if they live they send their money back home. Mexico has little incentive to improve their own living condiitions when they can ship the problem over the boarder. American tourists pay large sums to visit Mexican beaches and resorts, but that hardly benefits the general population. And I seem to remember a trend in the last decade or so where American companies close their facilities up here to exploit cheap labor in Mexico and South America. Geez, that's benefited ALL of us SO much.

Like I've said before, I don't believe in walls but enforcment. Sorry, but if you're here illegally, you're here ILLEGALLY and should be deported.

At the same time this points to a real need to develop better working visas for these folks so when they come here so they don't have to deal with smugglers or other scum. Streamline the process so they can work and/or gain residency BUT let's also keep an eye on the employer to ensure that they are paying a FAIR wage with benefits. Unless employers are excessively greedy or just crappy at running a business, they can afford to offer their employees decent wages and benefits.

VintageGirl

Re: Do you support HR 4437?

Postby VintageGirl » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:08 pm

Lily wrote:Like I've said before, I don't believe in walls but enforcment. Sorry, but if you're here illegally, you're here ILLEGALLY and should be deported.

I agree

VintageGirl

Postby VintageGirl » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:49 am

Last edited by VintageGirl on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:28 am

Sensenbrenner's a cunt and his bill is total dogshit. I can't believe any of you fuckin' morons think there's even room for debate on this one.

Oh, and could we maybe discuss this topic under a single thread, for fuck's sake?

YOU. FUCKING. MORONS!

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:22 am

VintageGirl wrote:vote

Do you mean vote in this topic's poll or in the November elections? Would you vote for a right winger just because he or she opposes immigration?

Return to “National Politics & Government”