Has anyone run the Haunted Hustle half marathon?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Has anyone run the Haunted Hustle half marathon?

Postby Michael Patrick » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:10 pm

My daughter is running the Haunted Hustle half marathon in Middleton on Sunday. I'm trying to figure out what my strategy should be for cheering her at various points along the way.

I don't know if they are closing streets along the route so I don't know how mobile I'll be able to be.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Has anyone run the Haunted Hustle half marathon?

Postby bdog » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 pm

I think most streets stay open but your best bet is to get on a bike to see her at various spots on the course. If it still runs through Pheasant Branch that'll be a no go zone for you.

Killer hill on course would be nice place for you to be. Can't remember what mile it is at. You could scout the course at your leisure on Saturday.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:28 am

I ran the whole marathon that was offered last year. Now they only have a half marathon. I think it was because maybe 10 of us kept Airport Road half closed for way too long.

Any way, if you go for the start you can catch the runners by walking from the front of KEVA to the back at about the 1 mile mark. I would suggest driving to the back side of Pheasant Branch. There is a little park and the roads should be fine to get there. That should be about the 7 mile mark or so. Then scamper back to KEVA for the finish.

I was supposed to run but I caught pneumonia and was told by my doc I couldn’t run until November to let my body completely heal.

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. The bike thing will probably depend on if it is raining or not.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”