Pack predictions for Sunday

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Cameron Connors

Re: Pack predictions for Sunday

Postby Cameron Connors » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:49 pm

Cameron Connors

Postby Cameron Connors » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:29 pm

As for Capers, I also think he's got to go. The Pack seems completely resigned to play a soft zone that gets picked apart every game.
He used to throw ILB blitzes and a variety of twists and stunts in all the time, now they're a rarity.
Now, you can defend him by saying he's playing conservatively to cover the number of injuries on the DL and LBs and poor Safety play, but you can't abandon the blitz in the pros.
Guys like Mulumba, Lattimore, Hyde and Richardson, despite having issues in coverage and reads are all capable enough athletes and, therefore, potential blitzers. C.J. Wilson is a 300lb man that can run a 4.8 and had some decent shuttle times, why is he not moving from his initial gap at least occasionally? He's used Hyde more than the rest of these guys to success, and even a few Hawk sacks have resulted in an unexpected blitz from the Plodding Accipitridae himself this very season and he still seems to call less than a handful of LB stunts/twists and Corner/Safety blitzes a game.

I wouldn't cry too many tears over Slocum's departure either. How do people still kick to Devin Hester? He's literally the number one K/P returner in history stats-wise.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:50 pm

Cameron Connors wrote:Guys like Mulumba, Lattimore, Hyde and Richardson

Mulumba is an absolutely awful player who belongs on a practice squad this year.
Hyde is a good blitzer. Lattimore and Richardson are still unknowns.

Cameron Connors wrote:C.J. Wilson is a 300lb man that can run a 4.8 and had some decent shuttle times, why is he not moving from his initial gap at least occasionally?

CJ is a decent run stuffer and blocker eater, limited athleticism. He has been inactive for all but a couple games, apparently coaches like Boyd better.

I'm not gonna argue with you about Capers because it's chicken-or-egg endless loop, in my opinion he is making the best of lousy talent. The Packer linebackers are especially bad.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”