2013-2014 Badger Men's Basketball Season Started

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Re: 2013-2014 Badger Men's Basketball Season Started

Postby acereraser » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Wesmon wrote:I've been away from Madison for several years now so I have a question about the Kohl Center.

If anyone here goes to the games maybe they can help. I want to know what happened to our home court advantage. Specifically, what happened to the loud crowds we used to see.

Just watching the games on TV, I see no heart in our home crowds anymore. No matter who we are playing or what the score, the crowd is so much quieter than they used to be.

I've heard talk on other Badger bball forums in the same vein, and it always seems to come from someone who watches the games on television. So, maybe the broadcast mics have better filters these days? I went to every home game except Prairie View A&M this season. When the game is tight, and the Badgers need a stop on defense late in the game, the Kohl Center gets as loud as it has ever been, in my opinion, of course.

If I had to pick something else, I would say the real change is that those moments have been rarer than in previous years, which may give an impression of a quiet crowd. Most games this season, a single stop wouldn't have changed the outcome very much.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 am

How did Baylor make it to the Sweet 16? I swear it didn't look like they played the same sport. Total domination by Bucky and I think it could have been even worse. The Baylor coach's face said it all all night. No answers.
Bring on 'Zona. That should be a great game.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:06 am

Yeah, that was an absolute clinic. Any coach that wants to teach his team how to attack a zone just needs to replay that game. That's about as aggressive as I've seen us play, especially on the defensive end. Kaminsky was a monster.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 am

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:27 pm

I agree. Masterful job by Coach Ryan to attack not just the zone, but the strength of this particular zone, the inside. Baylor was bigger than the Badgers, but we just destroyed them inside. Arizona will be a different game altogether, but they can be beaten. Since losing one of their starters, Arizona is a 6 deep club. We'll see how gassed they are tomorrow.

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:20 pm

The bar owners are ecstatic and the cops are pissed. Go Bucky.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:39 pm

You beotches shut me out of your cliquey bracket contest. I'm sitting with the same Final Four as your leader (eventually my shameless homerism was bound to pay off) but I'm slightly ahead of "fisthmus" because I didn't have Louisville in the natty champ game (though I did have them in the Final Four. I'm siting at 98.9% with MSU still alive tomorrow and my MSU-Wisconsin natty champ still alive.

But, being a pathetic moron, I put my tiebreaker scores next to the team logos, so I have Wisconsin beating MSU by a score of 63-62, with 62 being the winning score. Doh! I can't remember if I was drunk when I filled out my incredible bracket, but given the fact that I'm usually drunk, I'd put my money on drunk.

GO BUCKY!!!!

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 am

doppel wrote:The bar owners are ecstatic and the cops are pissed. Go Bucky.

Not as pissed as the cops in Tucson.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Enjoy it while it lasts! UK presents a myriad of problems for UW. Good thing we have Bo Ryan on OUR side:)

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:33 am

If nothing else, maybe this will finally shut Tom Oates' piehole regarding Bo Ryan's 'legacy.'

But probably not. Haters gotta hate, etc.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:36 pm

I believe that anyone who knows anything about college basketball knows about Bo Ryan's legacy. Unfortunately, our local "sports media" (and i'm being very generous with that term) knows very little about college basketball. You really can't blame them- UW sucked so hard for so long that these guys never grew up with a quality product to report about. However, since Dick Bennett arrived, that hasn't been the case, and they should have learned to ask the right questions by now. Alas, the WSJ Sports team is full of toads, drunks and plagiarizers. But you can't expect much in a cow town like Madtown, which is fine in this era of web-based sports media. The fact is that Ryan can out coach 99% of his peers, hence his consistent ability to win without a bevy of McDonald's All Americans. I grew on Tobacco Road and college b-ball runs in my veins. Believe me, Bo Ryan has the right stuff. Tom Oates, on the other hand, doesn't know shit about college basketball and wouldn't know a legacy if it bit him in the dick- something that will never happen;)

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”