How much Packers bling do you own

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

How much Packers bling do you own

Postby jjoyce » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Cheeseheads don't count.

I was talking to someone a while back who is under the misguided opinion that Madison people aren't big sports fans. I have to wonder who he thinks all these people in Aaron Rodgers jerseys are.

So what do you have in your arsenal? I have a much-too-big Greg Jennings shirsey that I rarely wear. And I just procured a spiffy new stocking hat for colder days. That sparse amount of Packers fan gear makes me practically a Bears fan.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: How much Packers bling do you own

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm

The wife, myself and both dogs have Packer jersey's.. I have an extra AJ Hawk one that doesn't get worn. And I had a little leftover form an NFL shop gift card and had a Mandarich jersey t shirt made. That's it though.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:50 pm

I bought a Leroy Buttler Jersey back in 2001, then he retired.
I finally replaced that one with a William Henderson jersey in 2006.

I'm kind of scared to buy any more jerseys. Though if the dropsies keep up, I might make a special trip up to Lambeau field just to get a Finley jersey.

I think I have a hat around some where too.

My son has a hat as well, but I refuse to spend that kind of money on a shirt that will fit for 2 months if we are lucky.

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:26 pm

None. But I have a North Stars baseball cap.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:30 pm

I have Packers dental grills.

Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby Right Bower » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Bears fan here, so none. But my 5-year old daughter has decided she's a Packers fan, so we got her a Rodgers jersey for Christmas last year.

I've got a Bears hat, some Bears sandals, and some Bears Zubaz.

Question: what do you "match" your jerseys with? I'm always conflicted about what to wear as bottoms with my Chris Chelios Blackhawks jersey. Nothing really looks good.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:45 am

Right Bower wrote:I'm always conflicted about what to wear as bottoms with my Chris Chelios Blackhawks jersey. Nothing really looks good.

Two words: Camouflage cargoes.

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:50 pm

None. I'm pretty bandwagon when it comes to the Packers and I can't claim to be a real fan though I do watch most of the games and root for them to win.

I do have a Chicago Bears stocking cap from my freshman year. I'm a Cubs fan and throughout my years at UW I was usually sporting a Cubs baseball cap, but during the first winter I realized I didn't have any kind of winter headwear and asked for a Cubs knit cap for Xmas. My mother, Illinois born and bred, gave me a Bears hat instead. When I opened it I was appreciative of course, but when I pointed out it was for the wrong team she claimed she was certain that the "C" stood for Cubs.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:20 pm

I have a ton of Packer gear. Three sweatshirts, three or four t-shirts, a wind breaker, and two ball caps. I want to spring for a jersey but for $90 I don't want to get one of a player who will be traded away in 2 or 3 years.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:50 pm

So is this "bling" made in Wisconsin? I don't know the Packers from the Sausage-Makers, but if their bling is locally made, it seems like a likely gift option for relatives who care about sports more than ... I dunno, aged goat cheese.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 am

HawkHead wrote:I have a ton of Packer gear. Three sweatshirts, three or four t-shirts, a wind breaker, and two ball caps. I want to spring for a jersey but for $90 I don't want to get one of a player who will be traded away in 2 or 3 years.

You mean you don't want to waste your money and your precious PackerBacker enthusiasm and love on some burly mercenary who likely never lived or went to college in Wisconsin--nor would ever have ventured to live in Green Bay a few months of the year if not for the Packers acquiring his rights--because you fear a lack of constancy? I feel your pain.

I guess they can't all be Saint Brett, even for a little while.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”