Where will Prince Fielder end up?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Well?

Cubs
29%
Mariners
14%
Nationals
14%
Cardinals
14%
Yankees
14%
Brewers
14%
in Scott Boras' office firing the jerk in February
No votes

Total votes: 7

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Where will Prince Fielder end up?

Postby minicat » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm gonna go with the dark horse Cardinals, who see a chance to get a several-years-younger offensive replacement for Albert.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Where will Prince Fielder end up?

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm

I voted Nationals. They've shown they like blowing stupid money on bats. Someday maybe it'll pay off for them. If STL spent a whole year not willing to pay Puljous I don't think they're going to give anybody the kind of contract Prince is going to get.

Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby Right Bower » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Cubs.

I'd assume Sveum will lobby for him.

Prince seems like the kind of player Epstein will want to help "rebuild" the team.

And he'll help put even more "fans" in the overpriced seats.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Of the offerings given, I chose Yankees, even though it wouldn't make sense considering Teixeira, but the Yankees don't like to be left out of a chance to splurge on big talent.

And yeah, Prince is certainly a "big" talent. I've read a lot of cruel and sometimes funny comments ("He's a top prospect ... for Type 2 diabetes") in sports comments sections. I think whichever team gets Prince will be happy for a long time. For such a young guy, he seemed to command a lot of respect from his teammates.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:53 pm

A few weeks ago, my guess was the Nationals, but I'm starting to think he'll sign with the Mariners. He'd be worth more to an American League club due to the DH. The Mariners have money to spend and are starving for hitters. Their GM knows Prince well from his days in Milwaukee. This might be Ichiro's last season in Seattle, so they could be looking for a new face of their franchise(or, co-face, with King Felix).

Doug Melvin should be watching this situation closely; if the Mariners sign Fielder, they'll be trading Justin Smoak, who could come into play as the Brewers first baseman of the future.

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 am

Seriously ... nobody else has any opinions here? Are people so cracked out on football they can't realize it's only a few months until baseball season? C'MON, IT'S WINTER MEETINGS WEEK BITCHEZ!!

Hairston signed with the Dodgers. Let's hope Melvin doesn't start panicking about his lack of infielders and give someone like Furcal too much money.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 am

Furcal for too much money would be a much better signing than whatever Melvin plans on giving to Betancourt.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 am

I get baseball fatigue very easily. We get the glorious football season from August-end of January. It's brief and explosive. Baseball occupies more than enough of the calendar to take the back seat during those months.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:14 am

Anywhere but Chicago, please. PLEASE!!! I'd rather see the Cubs endure another century of futility than see Fielder in a Cubs uniform.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:30 am

wack wack wrote:Anywhere but Chicago, please. PLEASE!!! I'd rather see the Cubs endure another century of futility than see Fielder in a Cubs uniform.

But the Cubs' pinstripes would provide a slimming look for the portly vegetarian slugger.

Maybe he stays with the Brewers, and Melvin signs Aramis Ramirez. The Brewers then could give away free goalie masks to the fans sitting behind first base. Over/under on errors and homeruns for the pair of 'em?

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Nothing's gonna happen with Prince until after Pujols signs. Cubs have supposedly made an offer on Pujols, but they're denying it. And the Marlins, who also just signed Reyes, are on crack and offering 10 years.

And I'd much rather see all those errors from a Ramirez-Fielder connection (as well as the cripplingly large contracts) happening on the North Side. What's the over-under on one of them getting hurt from fighting in the dugout?

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:56 pm

minicat wrote:And I'd much rather see all those errors from a Ramirez-Fielder connection (as well as the cripplingly large contracts) happening on the North Side. What's the over-under on one of them getting hurt from fighting in the dugout?

Very low if Zambrano is really gone.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:22 am

Poo Holes to the Angels, $250 million over 10 years, locking him up in Anaheim past his 46th birthday.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:24 am

Poo Holes to the Angels, $250 million over 10 years, locking him up in Anaheim past his 46th birthday.

Just staggering. How long before more baseball teams start going bankrupt?

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:01 am

Holy crap. The Halos for the "win". That's truly insane. But 10 years makes more sense if he can potentially DH at the end. Barely.

I still say the Cards replace Prince Albert with the the real Prince.

Also of note: Francisco Rodriguez and Scott Boras got their revenge on Doug Melvin for not closing last season and accepted arbitration ... which essentially really, really screws the Brewers at the moment. That eats up pretty much all of their money to sign anyone else. You gotta figure he'll be traded, but for the time being it'll keep Melvin from doing much else to fix the current lack of an infield.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”