Packers vs. Steelers

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Who wins?

Packers
23
92%
Steelers
2
8%
 
Total votes: 25

Crockett
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1206
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby Crockett » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 am

Image

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1345
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:28 pm

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby Stomach » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:21 am

c02 wrote:Although proven false in terms of the Superbowl there is data to back up the claims of abuse rising during a football Sunday when there are upsets.


Lets go inside the numbers...

Slate article wrote:After further limiting their analyses to states for which there's adequate crime data, the researchers ended up with six teams: the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, and Tennessee Titans.


Oh. We already know that fans of those teams are losers, no wonder they are involved in domestic abuse.

I have a hard time accepting the "10,000 prostitutes including children" claim but I'm not going to research it.

Forget all that noise...remember how the Packers weren't going to be able to run against Chicago? I think Starks will get some yards, not a lot (70?), but enough to keep them honest.

c02
Forum Addict
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby c02 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 am

Crockett wrote:"It's estimated that nearly 10,000 prostitutes, including children, were sent to Miami last year to meet the Super Bowl demand."

"This year Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has predicted similar numbers in Arlington, calling the Super Bowl "a magnet for prostitution and human trafficking."

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/art ... icle=32105


Your point being? It's also an issue with World Cup Soccer and conventions. The Superbowl isn't alone in this regard.

40,000 Sex Workers Head to SA for World Cup
2008 Political Conventions

Your seemingly moral argument against prostitution is commendable. Your identification of cause however is invalid.

c02
Forum Addict
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby c02 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 am

Stomach wrote:Forget all that noise...remember how the Packers weren't going to be able to run against Chicago? I think Starks will get some yards, not a lot (70?), but enough to keep them honest.


I can't imagine what it must feel like for someone like Starks. Rookie season, back-up the back-up, become the go-to, make it to the Superbowl. Forget remembering how they weren't going to be able to run against Chicago. Remember when starters were dropping like flies and everyone started talking about 'next year?' Hell, it wasn't too long ago when Jimmy Johnson said, "Put a fork in 'em, they are done," when Rodgers went out with the concussion. A week later with the backup in, they nearly beat New England in a solid game.

This team has surprised a lot of people this season.

Dipper
Forum Addict
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:46 am
Contact:

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby Dipper » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:55 am

Somebody will win, somebody will lose, the players and owners will go home millionaires as usual. Life will go on as before. The Universe will not notice.


Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. "The owners will go home millionaires"? Does that include all the people I know who own stock in the country's only not-for-profit, fan-owned professional sports franchise? You admit that you pooh-pooh the pigskin. but even those who aren't into sports should make note that the Packers are the shining example of how a pro sports team should be structured. Not only are they property of the fans, they also have more championships (12) than any other team in the NFL. Co-inky-dink?

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3214
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby O.J. » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:06 am

Stomach wrote: the researchers ended up with six teams: the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, and Tennessee Titans.

Oh. We already know that fans of those teams are losers, no wonder they are involved in domestic abuse.

I have a hard time accepting the "10,000 prostitutes including children" claim but I'm not going to research it.


As a Patriot fan, I take exception to this. We're a bunch of assholes, not losers.

I'm not sure about the prostitution claim, but I think it's pretty common for strippers to be flown in from around the country for the extra demand at Super Bowls, NBA All-Star weekend...

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1345
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:28 pm

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby Stomach » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:17 am

O.J. wrote:As a Patriot fan, I take exception to this. We're a bunch of assholes, not losers.


I'm just joshin' ya', as in, all fans of all other teams are losers.

O.J. wrote:I'm not sure about the prostitution claim, but I think it's pretty common for strippers to be flown in from around the country for the extra demand at Super Bowls, NBA All-Star weekend...


Oh yeah, I don't doubt that at all, but 10,000 prostitutes (not strippers) seems really high. How many people are in Dallas due to the Super Bowl. 250,000, generously? The stadium only (only?) holds 100,000. 1 hooker for every 25 people there sounds like a really high number. Maybe I am naive, I admit, I don't have my finger on the pulse of the national prostitution scene (thankfully).

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4505
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:31 pm
Location: 53703

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby Ducatista » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 am

persia wrote:The Universe will not notice.

It never does. What's the point of doing anything? Fuck it, I'm going back to bed.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby HeyZeus » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Go You Packers Go!

Rerecorded.

Logjam
Forum Addict
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby Logjam » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 pm

ESPN has their celebrity picks online

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/ ... id=6089516

Pick your poison, Madison.

BILL O'REILLY - Fox News host
Green Bay, 28-17.

RUSH LIMBAUGH - Radio talk show host
Pittsburgh.
Rush didn't have a comment or pick a score. Typical chicken shit move on his part.

I think this is the biggest point spread picked by anyone:

MAYA ANGELOU - Poet and author
Green Bay, 27-7. I am supporting the Green Bay Packers because of the wonderful cheese and butter.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Jimmy Johnson:
"Pittsburgh, 31-28. I lived in Wisconsin for a while and followed the Packers, but I'm picking the Steelers because of Bill Cowher. I always respected him and the way he coached. I started liking the Steelers because of him and I'm sticking with them for the Super Bowl."

And I'm picking the Packers because of Lindy Infante.

mifflander
Forum Addict
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:59 am
Contact:

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby mifflander » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:01 pm

poopshovel song about the "instant replay" game.

TBSS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He77-gmglzk

magic moose
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby magic moose » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:30 pm

fisticuffs wrote:And I'm picking the Packers because of Lindy Infante.


And Ray Rhodes' sweater-vest

scratch
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby scratch » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:51 pm

magic moose wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:And I'm picking the Packers because of Lindy Infante.


And Ray Rhodes' sweater-vest


And, going even further in the WayBack Machine, for Charles Martin's winning grin and jaunty bounty towel.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21594
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Packers vs. Steelers

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Super Bowl I. Max McGee, not expected to play really hung one on the night before. Boyd Dowler goes down with an injury and can't play. McGee catches two touchdown passes from Bart Starr.

Running mate Paul Hornung partly to blame for Max's hangover, of course.

Now that's old school.


Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests