Forontasy Football?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Forontasy Football?

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm in.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:21 am

Is anybody interested in doing a live, offline draft?

If it was possible to get everyone to agree on a time and place I'd do my best to make this happen. I'd also be interested in the auction draft system. No idea how it works but everything I read says it's the bees knees. Otherwise I'd prefer at least the live online draft. If it's real life interaction you're looking for those who are interested could laptop up at some coffee shop for the online draft. That would keep us from excluding those who couldn't make it.

Regardless of how or when we need some more teams. I'd like forons to have the first crack at it.

maiadonohue

Postby maiadonohue » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:01 am

I'd like to try an auction as well. Let's get some more teams and make it happen.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:03 am

Agreed more teams would be a good place to start. Shall we give the forons a deadline before we just start filling spots with non-foron friends?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:56 pm

6 teams now in our friendly league here. We need 10 and we'll take 12. Sign up now before it's too late!

drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 pm

I would be in just for the opportunity to see some of my favorite forons in person (I'm assuming there would be some drinking involved at some point).

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 pm

drinkinblackcoffee wrote:I would be in just for the opportunity to see some of my favorite forons in person (I'm assuming there would be some drinking involved at some point).

I thought this was a prerequisite to entering.

I've never entered a fantasy football league so I'll prolly suck at it, but I'm looking forward to geeking out on this.

It will help me ease the pain when the Packers may crumble. I hope it's not the case, but I've learned to live with a pessimistic attitude.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:44 am

Meeting up to draft is a possibility but I still want to keep it online like I said previously so we don't exclude anyone who can't make it or doesn't want to meet up. I'd be willing to take the laptop somewhere with wifi for draft day. We can also meet up after the season and have a drink. Settle any beer bets that end up getting made. A small group of us did that last year.

Still need a few more teams. Still got plenty of time though. Lets fill out the league, set a definite draft day and time, and then talk about meeting up.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 pm

I will join if I don't have to spend much time on the draft. I may have one or two hours for an online draft if it's a convenient time. I don't know what an auction draft is. Autopicks is fine with me.

I've been in leagues before with a live draft. 6 weeks into the season most teams didn't resemble their draft team because of all the disappointing players that were cut and surprise players that were added, and the trades. For me the fun is the roster decisions during the season, not the draft.

I would probably rather not meet during the season at all...because some of you I would like to keep a safe distance from.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Pretty sure we can accommodate your specific needs there Shorty. We're all about freedom in this here fantasy league. And Jesus and America and monster trucks.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:42 pm

USA! USA! USA!

(Yahoo allows you to set your draft order ahead of time, and the autodrafting robot will pick the highest rated available player. You can turn this on and off if you need to duck out or come in late. If giving your work to a robot isn't the American Dream, I don't know what is.)

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Foron clowns: I will be much much better in 2010 than I was in 2009. That I can promise!!! Bring on the beer bets!!!

maiadonohue

Postby maiadonohue » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 am

I can't get in. Can somebody send me an invite? It just says "You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)"

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am

Yeah, you have to go to the main Yahoo FF site, and follow the steps to join a private league. Enter the league ID that fisticuffs posted earlier.

keelio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby keelio » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:33 am

I couldn't resist the opportunity to expose my warped understanding of the game and be utterly humiliated. I'm in.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”