Packer Post Season Postulations

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Packer Post Season Postulations

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Wild Card. Pack Beat Cards although not as thoroughly as last week. Dallas destroys Eagles again.

Division - Dallas the 3 seed beat the Farves the 2. GB Goes to New Orleans and beats the slumping Saints.

Conference Championship - GB Beats Dallas who we OWNED earlier in the year.

Super Bowl - Pack v. Chargers. Take your pick. Both teams are so hot right now.
Last edited by fisticuffs on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Packer Post Season Postualtions

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

You're either on something or onto something.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 pm

I think Aaron Rodgers is playing out of his mind great football. 3rd down is the money down and his stats are incredible. Glad to believe all the running for his life he had to do earlier in the season made him an even better QB. Now that the o-line is coming together he's crazy cool back there.

ESPN goon Dilfer is drooling over how good Dallas is again now - picking them to win the NFC. I can't believe that former Buc fuck has as many Super Bowl winner rings as Favre. The Packers owned Dallas earlier this year, but there's always some crooked shit that goes on when the Cowboys get to play at home. Maybe we'll see.

I think it's a 5 team race to the finish:
GB, NO, Indy, MN, and NE are teams to beat.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 am

supaunknown wrote:I think it's a 5 team race to the finish:
GB, NO, Indy, MN, and NE are teams to beat.

I'm a Patriots fan, but they have no chance of winning it all without Wes Welker. San Diego looks like the best team in football to me.

boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 am

Without Welker they barely have a chance this weekend. Forget about the SB.

Re: the Pack, I am impressed and will be pulling for them. I hope Philly beats Dallas so we can set up another NFC North showdown on the 17th.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:44 am

All of these teams have laid major eggs this year--with the exception of San Diego. I think it's theirs to win, although GB is maybe positioned best in the NFC. Minnesota and New Orleans are done.

Postualtions: can you get those at Mendard's?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Minnesota and New Orleans are done.

Much as I would like to believe that's true, I'm not so sure.

I'd much rather play NO than the Vikes; whatever you may think of Favre's historically (shall we say) erratic play in the post-season, he's still Brett Fucking Favre. Adrian Peterson is still Purple Jesus. And the MN defensive line is still the one that made the Packer's O-line look like a bunch of crippled children in our two previous match-ups.

Best (and most likely) case scenario - Packers beat Cards; Dallas beats Philly. Pack knocks off suddenly gimp-like Saints; Tony goes all Tromo-Romo on the Vikes. We play the Star!-fish in Irvin for a spot in the Superest of Bowls.

As for the AFC: who the fuck cares?

crevice beatle
Forum Addict

Postby crevice beatle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Marvell wrote:Best (and most likely) case scenario - Packers beat Cards; Dallas beats Philly. Pack knocks off suddenly gimp-like Saints; Tony goes all Tromo-Romo on the Vikes. We play the Star!-fish in Irvin for a spot in the Superest of Bowls.

Are you back on the mushrooms? A couple weeks ago you accused as much of me for suggesting the Pack go to the Superbowl and lose. Now you are saying the that the most likely case scenario is that they will be at least making it to the conference championship game?

I'm sticking to my original prediction - Pack loses to Colts in the Superbowl.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 pm

crevice beatle wrote:Are you back on the mushrooms?

Did I ever get off them?

You do understand the difference between imagining scenarios and making predictions, right?

I don't think the Packers are going to the Superbowl. It'd be nice, but I just don't see it.

Next year, yes. But not this year.

I say Vikes / Colts. And I say to hell with them.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Packer Post Season Postulations

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:02 pm

The Queens have had a rough month if you throw out last weeks' game when the Giants laid down like dogs. Questionable OL play leading to less yards for AP and more hits on Bert, the loss of EJ Henderson and the hobbling of Winfield. Percy Harvin gets injured on approximately every other play and Mullet Man has been MIA for weeks.

crevice beatle
Forum Addict

Postby crevice beatle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Marvell wrote:
You do understand the difference between imagining scenarios and making predictions, right?

I say Vikes / Colts. And I say to hell with them.

So when you say something is the most likely scenario, that is only your imagination? If so, then no, I guess I don't know the difference.

Which is it? Have the mushrooms turned on you? Is this going to be the magical year where the Cowboys and Packers play each other in a meaningless NFC Conference game and Roger Goodell decides he'd rather just let the Vikes play in the Superbowl for Favre's sake?

drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:50 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Postualtions: can you get those at Mendard's?

Bastard.. :oops:

The Packers have one of the few defensive backfields that can match up against the Cardinals receivers. Clay Mathews made mince meat of the overstuffed LT, and I expect he'll do it again (or draw an extra blocker to free up someone else). The Packers seemed to be in a relatively basic, non-blitz defense all game against the Cards and still dominated the line of scrimmage against their #1 O-line. Also, until they realize that Beanie Wells should be ahead of Tim Hightower, their shit running game will only get worse.

You have to love Tauscher back in a Packers uniform, the big sloppy bastard. As long as both OTs can keep playing, we have a legitimate shot at going all the way- even through the Vikings if necessary. Rodgers has shown if he has a few seconds to throw, he's an elite QB.

Packers 27 Arizona 16

The only other game I can predict with confidence:

I know we all love to love a white guy playing wide receiver, but possession receivers are replacable and don't draw double coverage. That's why Edelman came in after the Welker injury and caught 10 balls for 121 yards. Plus he's a whitey.

Patriots 42 Ravens 13

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:30 am

crevice beatle wrote:
Marvell wrote:Best (and most likely) case scenario - Packers beat Cards; Dallas beats Philly. Pack knocks off suddenly gimp-like Saints; Tony goes all Tromo-Romo on the Vikes. We play the Star!-fish in Irvin for a spot in the Superest of Bowls.

Are you back on the mushrooms? A couple weeks ago you accused as much of me for suggesting the Pack go to the Superbowl and lose. Now you are saying the that the most likely case scenario is that they will be at least making it to the conference championship game?

Well, since you're going to be all snotty asshole about it -

My original prediction stands as well; the Packers have an even chance of winning their first game, but will lose the second. When I said 'most likely scenario,' I meant the most likely scenario that leads to the Packers being in the Superbowl - not that I think it will happen, but if it did, this is how it would go down.

Clear enough for you? Or do you have some more misplaced spleen you need to vent?

crevice beatle
Forum Addict

Postby crevice beatle » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Marvell wrote:
crevice beatle wrote:

Well, since you're going to be all snotty asshole about it -

My original prediction stands as well; the Packers have an even chance of winning their first game, but will lose the second. When I said 'most likely scenario,' I meant the most likely scenario that leads to the Packers being in the Superbowl - not that I think it will happen, but if it did, this is how it would go down.

Clear enough for you? Or do you have some more misplaced spleen you need to vent?

*without sarcasm* Thank you for the clarification.
When you asked if I knew the difference between imagining scenarios and making predictions, I thought you were being playfully assholish... then I figured I'd nip back a bit harder by being all playfully snotty assholish. It's easy to do when talking sports and I was speaking in jest.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:05 pm

CB -

That's cool.

I will also upgrade my Packers confidence meter - I'd say they're more of a 3 to 1 favorite to stomp the Cards.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”