2009-2010 Badger Men's Basketball Season Started Last Sunday

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Re: 2009-2010 Badger Men's Basketball Season Started Last Sunday

Postby O.J. » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 am

The biggest problem with Leuer's injury is that it greatly decreases the odds of not seeing Tim Jarmusz on the court. The dude is a slightly above-average DIII player. He's not a better defender than Evans, not a better rebounder than Bruiser/Evans, not a better post-passer than Bruiser, and is about as good of a shot as Dick Cheney.

Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:34 pm

O.J. wrote:The biggest problem with Leuer's injury is that it greatly decreases the odds of not seeing Tim Jarmusz on the court. The dude is a slightly above-average DIII player. He's not a better defender than Evans, not a better rebounder than Bruiser/Evans, not a better post-passer than Bruiser, and is about as good of a shot as Dick Cheney.

He's the best team defender they have. They run the swing better when he's on the floor. Does need to hit the open 3 more consistently. He's a nice role player that does the little things well.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Q: Has Bo ever done a better job of coaching than he has this year?

Seriously - anyone who doubts the Bo-daciousness of Coach Ryan after the last couple of games is in some Digger Phelps-induced haze of stupidity. Down by Penn State by 16 points with under ten minutes left in the half? No frickin' problem; just have your guards block six shots and go batshit with the three ball.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I never would have believed it. Un-fucking-real.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Okay, after reviewing the box score I see I overstated the number of blocked shots by one. So sue me.

I also see that the Badgers had 5 turnovers versus 18 for Penn State.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm

http://www.uwbadgers.com/pdfs/987.pdf

Much like this year, Bo's first team was picked to finish 9th in the Big Ten. How the heck he led that team to a tie for 1st is stunning. If the Badgers somehow could win the Big Ten(I'd be uber-impressed with a 2nd place finish) this year, we might have a new winner.

I wish Gus Johnson could call every game.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:23 pm

No offense, OJ, but we're talking about a team that had Kirk Penney and Devin Harris on it. Not to mention Mike Wilkinson.

At this point, Charlie Wills would look pretty good in our lineup. Hell, Dave Mader would look pretty good.

Well, that last bit might be overdoing it. But you get my point - Bo is winning games with a team that on paper is overmatched nightly.

But that's why they play the games, as the Nittany Paper Tigers of the world are discovering.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 am

Harris and Wilkinson were only freshmen at that point. Penney, while still darned solid, didn't turn into a complete player until his senior year. With Leuer in the lineup, this year's team is much more talented. Without him, I'd say it's pretty much a wash, although this team has better senior leadership, especially at the crucial guard position. I'd still give his first year(especially if we don't win the Big Ten) a slight, slight nod over this year's effort.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Dear God -

Please don't let today end without me enjoying the sight of Tom Izzo's face distorted into a mask of inconsolable misery and pain.

If you'll only do this, I promise to recommend you to all my friends.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

-M-

Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:38 am

Marvell wrote:Dear God -

Please don't let today end without me enjoying the sight of Tom Izzo's face distorted into a mask of inconsolable misery and pain.

If you'll only do this, I promise to recommend you to all my friends.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

-M-

Will we be seeing you on our porches soon?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 am

Thusnelda wrote:
Will we be seeing you on our porches soon?

I guess so. That God does good work - although if I had known I'd get this kind of customer service I'd have saved my plea for divine intervention for something a little more grandiose, like winning the lottery or getting Emmy Lou Harris's phone number.

But, yes - a glorious Badger victory. Although if I had to hear Brent fucking Musburger say 'Sparty' one more time, I think I would have bashed my own eardrums out. What a simpering asshole.

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 pm

The Badgers and Syracuse are the only two teams this season to beat three opponents ranked in the top ten.

State looked like they were ready to lose this game. Not to take anything away from the Badgers, by building the early lead, staying on it, making very few mistakes, they squashed State's chances thoroughly. I'm just saying I have seen State compete much harder before.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

So - who thinks Bucky's going to run the table with the rest of their regular season schedule?

Well...not me, actually; I think they're going to drop at least one more road game (either / or Minnesota or Illinois), but the way they've been playing it's pretty hard to imagine them losing again at home - only Illinois and possibly Northwestern look like they'll give them much of a fight at the Kohl Center.

Worst case scenario - 23-7 going into the Big 10 tournament.

I'm starting to get hella stoked for March.

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 pm

Gah! Why weren't we fouling McCamey, he shouldn't have been allowed a clean shot during the entire last ten minutes.

It turns out, we don't need Leuer until we need him.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 am

We noticed Nankivil seemed to have real trouble covering Tisdale.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Illinois knocked down some huge shots in the 2nd half. Badger shooting went cold.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”