Packers minus cable

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Packers minus cable

Postby jammybastard » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Watched it live via Streamtorrent @ 800k, got the link here:

Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:02 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
jjoyce wrote:I even watched a "Rescue Me" episode at halftime.

Isn't that show on cable, which you don't have?

DVDs, dude. DVDs. I vastly prefer watching shows that way, on demand and at my own pace. Mad Men, Sopranos, The Wire, Rescue Me, Lost, etc.

Seriously, it's pretty easy to be cable free, with the exception of live sports.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:22 am

Speaking of cable free just read this yesterday: ... -you-think

I think I could handle what this guy is proposing with a little upfront investment. But live sports are far too important and there's also a major concern about my SO not being able to figure the thing out. I already get phone calls about the ATT box.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:06 am

DVDs also require you to wait a long time, but are more fun to watch because you can find out what happens next in a serial. Sadly, I am addicted to my DVR and watch most shows and sports this way (I attempt to "catch up" to the live broadcast or actually watch live for most "big games").

I usually watch the good 1st year shows on DVD. I wait until I know they will be picked up for a second season before wasting my time. True Blood, Breaking Bad and Fringe are recent examples. Then I start DVRing them in the 2nd season. Based on the reviews, I'm guessing the new Ed O'Neill comedy may be one of these. We watch a lot of excellent TV, and have little patience for shows that start to shit the bed. BSG, Heroes, and yes, Rescue Me have been unceremoniously dumped. Too many annoying recycled plots.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”